Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

REDNECK Engineering or Ingenuity ???????

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REDNECK Engineering or Ingenuity ???????
    Posted: January-21-2008 at 4:11pm
BJ directs his neighbor with the backhoe!! BJ made quick work of this engine removal!!! His neighbor could have done this blindfolded, he is that good with the tractor. And best of all..........no scratches on the Junk boat!

Thanks BJ,

pc
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 4:59pm
Its amazing how mucha John Deere comes in handy!!!
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 5:33pm
hell we used a line truck when we pulled the 454 out of the Searay 250 exprress cruiser.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 5:57pm
junk boat?? where?
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 6:19pm
The junk boat (79SN)is in my backyard now....what do you need? Trailer is SOLD, motor SOLD, platform/brackets SOLD, have everything else.

pc      (980)581-0006

pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 7:31pm
If I wasnt 20k milles I'd get it all from that "junk boat"
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 7:37pm
yeah we used a tow truck to get our motor out..easiest way to do it without worrying about hitting anything.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 8:02pm
I still think reid takes the cake, then BKH because they did it by hand. A ladder is a must, but using a backhoe sure is redneck.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 9:33pm
Here's another way a redneck could do it-

This boat was too big to fit into the garage so we used the old Shade Tree mechanic method
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 10:44pm
Gary: Is that your Dad? Not nice to call him a redneck.

Hows the weather? Ever time I think of what you are doin' I shiver.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 11:30pm
All great and creative methods. Gotta love ingenuity, however, I guess I gotta go with the most literal translation of "shade tree mechanic" as my favorite.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 12:02am
Yes John thats him in my front yard.Thats the 2nd time that motor been out.That boat was from Miami and the 1st time we pulled it was for a rusted oil pan.The last time was for a rear main seal.It was so cold up here and I had to work on Saturday.I actually think I got a little frost bite on my toes.I wasn't out much but I was up in the bucket a couple of times and it was really windy.I have never been as cold as Saturday.
My garage has a steel I beam in it that I use to pull engines,but that Shamrock is just too big to get in,so if we lose that tree were in trouble!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 1:18am
I had heard on the weather that it was very cold and windy up there over the weekend. Bucket trucks & wind=bad combination. Altho still better than having to climb! Watch them toes man.

Love that hat on Dad too!

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 1:33am
I'd just like to say that I'm honored to be mentioned amongst these Red Neck Hall of Famers.    BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 1:54am
BKH: You musta just got home. Sorry I missed your call.

You are pretty far from a redneck as far as I can tell.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 11:17am
What the hell was I thinking, I borrowed an engine hoist to do mine.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 3:58pm
Alan you mean you don't have a neighbor with a back hoe you can barrow???
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 10:26pm
Alan you have to think outside the box.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 11:00pm
Great picture. That's one I'm going to save!

I was able to use an engine hoist (cherry picker) by taking one wheel off and putting a jack stand under the end of the axle so the boat was lower. It would barely extend far enough, but got the job done.

Looks like the Deere got the job done as well. Good job!

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic