NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foots/TimBobs New 72 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foots/TimBobs New 72 Mustang
    Posted: April-30-2015 at 11:29pm
Well as most of you know by now I am the proud new owner of The Godfather's 72 Sublime Green Mustang known as 'The One'. I have been kicking the idea of owning an older CC for quite sometime as a result of attending many of the Reunions and Minis that we have here. Hanging out with y'all has only increased my love for these boats and with some peer pressure from some of my closer CCFan buds who keep saying..."C'mon Footie....you got have more than one.....EVERYONE needs to have a spare!" I decided to look for either a Skier or Mustang with a Holman Moody ( Gary S...it's your fault!). Wasn't in a big hurry but saw David mention that his was for sale and a couple months later he mentioned it again so I knew he was serious. It is a unique boat and the only other boat that has Mr. Ralphs signature IN the Gel on the Stern.

So after talking with Dave several times it was decided that I'd go to SJRR 2015 empty hitch and bring it home. I did enjoy running the river in it but found out the hard way that it doesn't have the range of the 88' and I ran out of gas half way home. Doh!

So I brought it home, parked it next to Miss Scarlett and started tearing into it. I pulled out the interior for a deep cleaning and yanked up the floors for a looksie to see what rot there is. Much to my surprise I didn't find a whole lot. The glass and the primary stingers tap tested solid at the hull. Some disbonding of glass close to the top here and there but solid most everywhere except.....the web/fwd bulkhead just fwd of the battery box. It's sealed up pretty good but it is rotten so I have a project this winter. The skipole was loose as a goose so I pulled it out with ease, blasted the corrosion and filled the pits with wear putty we use at work designed just for that. Coated it with Teflon paint, stepped up the bolt hole to 3/8 and stuck it back in . It's snug once again

My goal is to get it back to original condition. Doing some research on the stripes it appears that that should have been Sublime Green instead of Black but there is no evidence that they were. I sanded them down to get rid of brush strokes and to prep for green paint sometimes going to the original gel and found no original green paint. Maybe somewhere someone stripped it off when they changed the windshield as it is not the original....It too will come off this winter and stripped of the black paint and anodized.

I tried to get the original horns working again even taking them to work to get the guys in the engine harness shop to check it for me but they couldn't find the problem. They should work but don't. Replaced them with a set of stainless horns that are close to the original but a tad different. I did reuse the original mount brackets though.

Did some rewiring and got all the lights working including the dual cigarette lighters that function as courtesy dash lights. Got the lights working under the gunnels too. She has a new rudder to replace the wrong on installed and a new acme 1210 wheel to replace the original federal. Haven't had the chance to try out the upgrade but will this weekend.

In closing this opening thread on the boat I wanna pass along a HUGE THANKS to those guys who've helped me along the way to make this happen. Lots of texts and phone calls asking questions and feedback. A few surprises in the mail too! Y'all are just awesome and I can't thank you enough for 'pushing' me to this adventure. It's been a fun ride so far and I've been working hard and long night s to get it this far........more stuff to come and as with all the other threads .... more to come!!!!

The new Kim Likes it too!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2015 at 11:42pm
Congrats on the new beauty you've acquired.
A few questions are, your boat has only one stripe around the boat while my 72 mustang has 2. Also, you have the stripe across the deck while mine doesn't, why is that? Again that's an amazing boat.
1972 Mustang
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2015 at 11:43pm
lookin good!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2015 at 11:56pm
Fantastic Tim!! Keep going on the clean up and of course, keep it original. I know you will enjoy it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 12:06am
Nice ride TimBob, can't wait to see it in person(maybe pilot it??).
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

Congrats on the new beauty you've acquired.

+1

boat looks good too!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 1:40am
Looking Good.
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 2:41am
Very sharp! Nice job Tim, congrats!
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 7:32am
Very nice! Good Luck with her!
Js
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 7:59am
I like it. I hope to see it soon!
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 9:43am
Outstanding! Nice truck too.

I'm guessing Miss Scarlett's not gonna see the water too much for a while
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 10:29am
Looking good TimBob!

Like I mentioned before, I bet that black stripe was original and the lillypad rudder may have been too... But I'd be making the exact same changes! That windshield going natural will be a real nice improvement too.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 10:39am
More pictures of KimBob #7 please !

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 10:40am
You had said earlier you were going to redo the boot stripe. Then I saw the black racing stripe and thought, you have to change that too. Sure enough, you didn't need to be told. Looks great.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 10:42am
I didn't mind the black windshield frame with the black boot stripe but now that it's green a bare aluminum frame will look great.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I didn't mind the black windshield frame with the black boot stripe but now that it's green a bare aluminum frame will look great.

Agreed. Just don't get cute and think that it needs to be Lime
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 10:58am
I was thinking lime green perforated vinyl window film on the windshield glass.
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 11:03am
Tim, this looks fantastic! I saw a preview on a scratched iphone with a sun glare, and could only make out the bow -- and that even barely so! I'd like to see it in person though, bring it around
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 11:54am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Agreed. Just don't get cute and think that it needs to be Lime

Y'all should know me better than that!

Only plan to add Green anywhere is to put vinyl on the scoops. Mars found some for me via e-Bay...just gotta order it.

Thanks for the compliments guys! It'll be a head turner for sure.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Is this one of the earlier Kims? Kind of reminds me of 78NautiqueAd Girl. Maybe its the hair?

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 12:25pm
New boat name - Kim Lime Pie
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 12:38pm
That boat is so freakin cool.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 12:41pm
Very nice! Congrats!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

HAHAHAHA

PERFECT!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 2:29pm
Looking Great Tim!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 2:49pm

No life Jacket needed for both of those ladies. They would float for days if they fell it.

I am not hating just saying !!!!!!!.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Is this one of the earlier Kims? Kind of reminds me of 78NautiqueAd Girl. Maybe its the hair?

Uhh...no Larry...ain't the hair...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2015 at 12:35am
Nice!   Tim/bob,   luv the new stripes (the lime stripes)

hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag on Grants thread.

Keep us in the loop when it's windshield project time
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2015 at 1:16am
Guys please stop with the rat face PFD lady. Just had a midnight snack and trying to keep it down.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

LOL.....Leave it to you Tom

Should I marry ANOTHER one then Kim Lime Pie it is!

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Nice!   Tim/bob,   luv the new stripes (the lime stripes)

hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag on Grants thread.

Keep us in the loop when it's windshield project time

Nahhhhh you didn't Al. Cat was already out after SJRR but just not 'Officially'. I wanted to start this thread to make it so and show the changes that have already been made and that are forthcoming.

Thanks guys for the feedback. When Dave and I were talking about him selling it, we discussed about how unique this boat is and didn't want it to go to someone who wasn't gong to take care of it. Dave assured me that he wouldn't have.

74Wind Jeff....... Miss Scarlett won't get her feelings hurt to much as she will get used a lot this summer I hope as she has a new tongue and surge brakes to tow her around. She also wears her top a lot to beat the heat as I won't be putting one up on The One.

Jeffro....of course you can drive it. You just gotta show up somewhere to do so!

Donald..............................Just for You!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic