NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skutsch

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skutsch
    Posted: June-06-2015 at 1:50am
Glad you are all OK Steve! Hopefully I see you at green lake.
1972 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2015 at 12:34am
Fantastic Steve!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2015 at 10:53pm
Great to hear Steve,see you soon
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2015 at 10:41pm
Geez, I guess and update is in order. I got the brace off in late April. 8 months. Seems like a long time but the reality is it went fast.

Doc said, time to put the broken neck behind me, but to live cautiously. I think I am pretty much back to as much as normal as I am going to be. Still get sore, those muscles are still pretty weak, but no "structural pain". I have had some of the mobility return to my neck, but it is still pretty limited.

Enjoying the girls soccer seasons, and looking forward to getting in the boat. Can't wait to see everyone at Green Lake, drink a few beers, pass along some much deserved hugs and share some stories.

Thanks one last time for all the support! Hope everyone is having a GREAT spring. See you all soon!!!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Joe - truer words couldn't be said. I can't even imagine doing a restart on this one. I had intentions of being able to run the snowblower this winter, but I think, after your words of wisdom, I am going to take the conservative approach and let my more then generous neighbor handle the job this winter.

Moj - glad to hear your recovering as well. Crazy what the rehab plan is for knees and hips these days - 4 weeks and your logging serious miles on the treadmill. Hope it is pain free!

Not without total pain, just a different pain. The soft tissue and muscle they tore up is still healing. What's great is the grinding in the socket is gone and no pain where I had endured it for 10 years.. Of course it's nothing like what you're going through Steve, so hopefully by Green lake we can both laugh a little about this stuff over a beer !!!

Have a super Holiday.. Watch the inbound snow we are supposed to get this week. Yes, let the neighbor deal with it...   
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 4:32pm
Joe - truer words couldn't be said. I can't even imagine doing a restart on this one. I had intentions of being able to run the snowblower this winter, but I think, after your words of wisdom, I am going to take the conservative approach and let my more then generous neighbor handle the job this winter.

Moj - glad to hear your recovering as well. Crazy what the rehab plan is for knees and hips these days - 4 weeks and your logging serious miles on the treadmill. Hope it is pain free!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Both you characters please remember to be extremely cautious during this winter to avoid falls... good shoes, short steps, use handrails, and assume everything is covered in ice (or soap in the bath/shower) nothing is more heartbreaking that being sent back to the starting line, or worse due to a fall during recovery.   

Amen Joe, unfortunately a fall now would not be good !!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 12:34pm
Both you characters please remember to be extremely cautious during this winter to avoid falls... good shoes, short steps, use handrails, and assume everything is covered in ice (or soap in the bath/shower) nothing is more heartbreaking that being sent back to the starting line, or worse due to a fall during recovery.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 12:08pm
Steve,
Its great to hear you're making such excellent progress.. Just do what the doctors say and follow the precautions, you'll do great !!

I'm 4 weeks post op on the 2nd hip and they have me fast walking on the treadmills already.. The body can do amazing things...

Merry Christmas, hope to see you again soon....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2014 at 10:30pm
Steve,
Tell that body of yours that it's doing a good job. Have a merry Christmas.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2014 at 5:14pm
I wish for a miracle for you and your family this Christmas. You are in my thoughts always.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2014 at 11:50am
Steve, great to hear that you just keep doing better. After about a quarter century of driving the box type ambulances with no side or rear visibility I can attest that you can set a vehicle up so that it can be driven strictly with mirrors. I am so used to this that when I buy a new vehicle I bring the stick on blind spot mirrors with me when I go to pick it up (maybe Santa will leave some in your stocking!). Setting and maintaining proper mirror adjustment to eliminate blind spots is critical. Have a great Christmas.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2014 at 3:31am
wishing you all the best buddy. f*ck what the doctors say,I really believe that not only will you beat this, you'll be footing again in two years
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2014 at 2:58am
Great news Steve a Chistmas gift for sure
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 9:47pm
Good news! Good luck with your progress.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 1:46pm
Has to be nice to be out on your own, if even for a little bit. Very good steps forward. Best wishes for a continued recovery and a very happy 2015!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 12:00pm
Happy news, Good for you Steve!! Pretty soon you will be looking back and forget what a pain in the neck all this was...doh
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 11:37am
Glad to hear it Steve- keep healing up!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 11:35am
That's all very good news. I keep forgetting to ask what's up with the drain plug in the mailbox?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 10:55am
Well, I had my 4 month post accident follow up last Monday. All reports were good. This was the first time I could actually visually see on the x-rays where the fused vertebrae looked to be growing bone (there's a softball for someone) and increasing bone density (my doc has been saying all along that it was progressing, but this was the first time I could notice a difference). So I was pretty excited about that!

Doc wants me to start going for short periods of time with out the brace, while you would think that I would be excited about that, to be perfectly honest it scares me to death. As uncomfortable as these things look, they are not that bad and provide an unbelievable amount of security. So I will be working on that, probably more of a mental challenge then anything. The last few nights I sat on the couch without the brace and I am getting more comfortable with the idea.

I also am cleared to start driving again. I do have to spend the next couple of weeks re-learning that process. I really can't turn my head, so I have to learn to check mirrors and blind spots by turning my entire body. The doc put my wife (an OT) in charge of signing off on my safety awareness. I have been out a couple of times on the neighborhood streets with her and it is going well. I broke the rules and drove solo to the grocery store last night - first time I have gone anywhere alone for over 4 months - a BIG step!

So progressing, it will be slow - it takes over a year for a bone to heal 100%, so I plan on giving it all that time, plus more to grow new bone. I get the sense the doc wants me to rely less and less on the brace, I am not so sure I agree but will follow his lead. Looking forward to a great Christmas with friends and family, I wish the same for all of you. I want to thank you all again for you prayers and support - couldn't have done this without you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 1:10am
Ahhh, yes John that is going to happen often, with the way this winter is going, maybe every other weekend...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 11:57pm

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I think of all you folks a lot, looking forward to the next Chicago Beers outing, or Green Lake reunion, knowing there are so many other get together's I want to attend; White Lake, The Benjamins, St. John River Run,

Uhhh....am I missing something here.....

john

Hoping to get to all of these soon, maybe one a year should be a goal. Really all depends on the kids activities...

somehow missed "Florida..driving for Eddie & John" on this list...where are those reading glasses?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 6:07pm
Well Steve, up here in NH there were a ton of people without power on Thanksgiving, and many still without it now. We gather at the lake house, 19 people this year, no power. I brought a generator, we cooked the turkey on the grill, veggies and other dishes in a sand pit filled with charcoal, a few things in the microwave. All this with around 10" of snow on the ground after being 65 degrees on Tuesday!

Nicely said in your post above. I don't spend much time at all on forums, no social media for me, and yet I keep coming back to this foolish web site. Really solid group of people!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I think of all you folks a lot, looking forward to the next Chicago Beers outing, or Green Lake reunion, knowing there are so many other get together's I want to attend; White Lake, The Benjamins, St. John River Run,

john

Hoping to get to all of these soon, maybe one a year should be a goal. Really all depends on the kids activities...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 7:27pm

thinking of all you unique and wonderful folks. I think of all you folks a lot

thinking of CQ so much could cause you to go blind...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 7:24pm

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 5:19pm
Hey guys, thinking of all you today on Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers you have shared with me over the last few months. I have said it before, but I know in my heart that has made the difference in my recovery. Such a silly thing these Correct Craft boats, but the people connected with them are such a unique and wonderful group of folks. I think of all you folks a lot, looking forward to the next Chicago Beers outing, or Green Lake reunion, knowing there are so many other get together's I want to attend; White Lake, The Benjamins, St. John River Run, all of this helps so much to get through the occasional rough day. So on this Thanksgiving day know that you all are at the top of the thankful list, I hope you are all having a wonderful day with family and friends. THANK YOU!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2014 at 11:44pm
holy cow...a Randy_in_Ohio sighting...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2014 at 3:43pm
Sorry to hear about your accident Steve but so glad to hear you're doing well and on your way to recovering. Looking forward to seeing you at GL next year. My boys want to learn to foot, maybe you can give them some pointers? Take care of yourself.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2014 at 1:20am

can't wait to get behind the wheel again in the boat, I think summer will be good, maybe even a late winter trip down south if I can swing it. I know Eddie and Jbear will let me drive for them, and they have that all the time glass water, so I don't have to worry about the bouncing from the waves, sounds like perfect therapy (mental if nothing else!)

and no snow here...so plan on coming down here...bring your Dad.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic