Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

60's Correct Craft script emblems

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Freeport-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeport-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 60's Correct Craft script emblems
    Posted: December-12-2017 at 11:52am
Hello:
FreeportMan here -- in Akron Ohio.
Questions:
.1) Do you still have any metal CC emblems available?
.2) IF SO -- what is the price?
I might be interested in purchasing one of them from you.
Best regards and best wishes for a fine forthcoming Holiday Season.
DH
DAH
Rockymtnsalom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockymtnsalom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2014 at 1:21pm
I don't know how I missed that! But thank you I really appreciate it
Cooper
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2014 at 10:08am
Cooper you didn't look hard enough link to repo's
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Rockymtnsalom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockymtnsalom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2014 at 10:19pm
I know this is a very old thread but do you still have any emblems? Im looking for some for my 1970 Ski Nautique and the old metal ones are proving hard to track down.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 9:03pm
Pete, somehow I missed your first post on that topic... I just followed the link and sent him an email.

I just touched base with John B and may have found a better source on the plating too... so another plan is in the works!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 8:49pm
I still think you should get a hold of the guy who casts the Zmak!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 7:02pm
I paid for theirs... I was fresh out of my own scrap.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 6:35pm
Question,   Did you use your own scrap brass or did you have to pay for their brass ?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 5:52pm
Al, not a bad idea. Maybe I will offer both if I ever give it another go-around. I had high hopes for the lower cost aluminum option- Im bummed it didnt pan out.

For now, I believe I'll have 2 pairs of nice, original 60's emblems available to sell. One pair is being taken in on trade for the new brass/chrome, the other was mine that was used to create the molds. If anyone is interested, please email me: TRBenj@gmail.com

I also have a pair of original 50's emblems (10" long) that I will let go for a reasonable price.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 5:29pm
Skip the chrome.
Offer polished brass for 250.00 pair.

If I were in need, I'd rather have brass than plated pot-metal.

Leave the plating option open for those that don't mind spending the extra for a more accurate re-pop.

Other companies who re-issue their own products, make slight changes so that their re-issued product is not easily confused with an original.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 5:00pm
thanks I understand .
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 11:42am
Peter, my cost was right at $300 per pair. It seems that is beyond what most would be willing to pay. I couldnt afford to hold any stock at that price... and the few places I checked with didnt seem interested in doing so either! Perhaps I'll have better luck with a different foundry/plater in the future.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I haven't made any emblems in a while. I think the plastic is the wrong kind for chroming.

Tim,
It's not the type of plastic that allows chroming but rather the prep. Plastics are sprayed with a conductive coating that allows them to be put in the plating tank. If you have ever seen the chrome peeled off plastic, you'll notice a coating under the chrome. Usually it's a grey color almost like a primer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 10:30pm
Tim Benjamin . what did i miss for the cost of producing a pair? sorry if it was posted already or if youd rather keep it private
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 8:08pm
I haven't made any emblems in a while. I think the plastic is the wrong kind for chroming.
Tim D
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 6:30pm
My suppliers determined that they could not reign in the costs on these, so I am officially declaring this project dead. Perhaps I will regroup sometime down the road and get some more made using new suppliers, but at the current rate of my other projects, dont hold your breath.

Both new pairs are spoken for, but I may have 1-2 nice original pairs available. If interested, please email me: TRBenj@gmail.com
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 2:35pm
Tim D do you still make in plastic they look nice and I guess you can chrome plastic right ?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:31pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:21pm
Dave, email sent!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Right now its looking like the project is dead, at least for now. I think Im going to cut my losses and regroup. Maybe try to find a few different suppliers that can cut costs more effectively sometime down the road.

Tim, drop me an email d.dorsen@att.net

DD
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 1:16pm
Moj, I appreciate the input.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, the volume discount was really small (~5% for a run of 200). This is using the same sand casting process as they used for the trial run. Not sure theyre set up to do other types of molds/tooling to get the costs down for greater volume.

The original plan was to do a set in brass/chrome and another in aluminum... they had some problems casting the brass, so didnt even bother trying the aluminum- but had they been successful, the cost of those would be about half (since no plating would be required).

Right now its looking like the project is dead, at least for now. I think Im going to cut my losses and regroup. Maybe try to find a few different suppliers that can cut costs more effectively sometime down the road.

I still have one pair of new emblems that are not spoken for... so if someone wants them, email me: TRBenj@gmail.com

For those who are desperately looking for a pair and dont need something show quality, I have a set or 2 that I may be willing to part with. They vary in condition (some more pitted than others), but shoot me an email if youre interested.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 12:18pm
Tim,
We all understand why you won't share with us the price of the parts... No one wants to bare the cost of the tooling in one set of emblems... What you may want to do is to look at how many sets it would take to get the total cost down to a reasonable number say $100-$150 per set and do a group buy and pop the parts... If that's 10-20 or 100 sets, at least you'll know what your break even is or comfortable margin worth doing...

These are rare and needed items for restoration.No one is going to expect these parts to be cheap, so unless you want to just chaulk this up as a bust, lay it on the line and see if it works...

Suggestion: I understand why you went to brass, but in the end it really kills the cost.. The chrome is going to last the same on brass or metal. It will still pit etc.. Perhaps a different material would make it more worth while...???

Thanks for taking the time to go through the process. It's greatly appreciated..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 11:01am
Tim D,

How do those hold up? they would be better than the decals I have now.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:43am
And a "n"
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 12:38am
I need to buy a vowel.

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 9:39pm
Hard to believe it was 5 years ago I made some plastic castings.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3888&KW=&PID=28504&title=look-what-i-made#28504

This pic is missing.

Tim D
Alex47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 9:13pm
I dont mean to threadjack but I've noticed alot of interest for bowstops in this thread. For those of you who are interested in a bowstop, I just posted one in the for sale section.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

So the 60's ones are longer ?

Yup. According to the auction you linked to, those emblems are for a '58 and are 10" long. The 60's version is 15" long and is not available anywhere, unless you can find them used.

Shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 8:25pm
So the 60's ones are longer ? I need a set for my 63 starflite
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 3:41pm
Mike, see my previous post- I believe you bought the incorrect emblems if you were looking for the 60's style.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Those are the wrong emblems- they are much smaller (10" vs. 15") and meant for a 50's boat. Still, you'd need to have them chromed, which ended up being more than half the cost.

50's vs. 60's emblems:

The 60's emblems that I had made are not currently available from any other source, as far as I know.

As I stated before, the cost of the plating is greater than the cost of the casting... and thus, pricing (per pair) would be nowhere near the $95 level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic