Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who's lake has the most CC's

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's lake has the most CC's
    Posted: June-21-2010 at 6:33pm
I was out with the family this weekend and decided to play a game with the kids. I Spy a Correct Craft. My home lake is Lake Delhi, Iowa. A small river with a dam. Approx 7 miles long, and 100-200 yards wide and very curvy. We counted 71 Correct Crafts, and probably under 10 other inboards of different manufacturers.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2010 at 6:51pm
This isn't "My" lake, but the Lake James chains up in Angola, Indiana have tons of CC's. Of course it helps that Mid-west CC was there.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2010 at 7:26pm
4.... and we own 3 of them
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2010 at 7:29pm
I would be real surprised if you find one with more per captia than Whitelake NC, it was nearly a tie between correctcrafts and everything else combined.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2010 at 8:31pm
White Lake Marine in White Lake, NC is the oldest CC dealer in the country. They have been their for over 50 years. It is a very small lake, but I heard there were 380 something Correct Crafts registered on the lake. However, I am not sure.

Donald
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2010 at 8:49pm
Great thread! If you want to talk Tx lakes, Lake Austin is full of Correct Crafts.. If I had to make another guess, I am sure though, you guys up there in the east coast and mid eastern region have maybe a few more.
The lake I go too it is all newer Malibu's, Tige,Supra's and Master Crafts. If there is even year model around 80-86 they are Mastercrafts Stars and Stripes, or Ski Supreme.. But you know they would rather have the Correct Craft..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2010 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

White Lake Marine in White Lake, NC is the oldest CC dealer in the country. They have been their for over 50 years. It is a very small lake, but I heard there were 380 something Correct Crafts registered on the lake. Hoever, I am not sure. Donald

Wrong!! You believe their "hype" too?? Their math is off slightly! Do you really believe everything you see or hear?

Well, now I guess I'll have to go count CC's!! I certainly won't even try to guess. Our Three Lakes Wi. chain is made up of 20 lakes or 7626 acres giving it a shoreline of 111 miles. Watercraft Sales is on this system and being a CC dealer since 1949 certainly has sold a few CC's!!! My 54 is a Watercraft boat!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2010 at 9:51pm
When I go to our lake there is usually one

Maybe two if I take both.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 12:13am
Pete, you asked me the following question: Do you really believe everything you see or hear?

I do not believe anything that the President tells me, but I believe everything you tell me.    

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 12:29am
+1 for White Lake. I can't imagine that their's any body of water anywhere with a higher percentage of CCs per registered watercraft (including jetskis etc.)
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 12:32am
What ever lake reidp happens to be on.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 1:08am
What about the Carolina's? Thats CC country isnt it..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 2:04am
I vote for White Lake, especially for the size and the number of CC's, it's only 90 acres of water.
Tim D
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 2:21am
Lake Wylie in Charlotte where I am has quite a few CC's including mine but have never tried to count !
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I vote for White Lake, especially for the size and the number of CC's, it's only 90 acres of water.

300 cc's or 600 boats on 90 acres?? That must be a typo??

Would guess we have around 40-50 boats total on our 220 acre lake, and only 1 CC.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 3:42am
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

Lake Wylie in Charlotte where I am has quite a few CC's including mine but have never tried to count !

Hey Mike...look for my nephew, Brett Berry on Wylie. He unfortunatly has a "brand x" boat....name begins with a M. But he grew up with C/C. Both his Dad (my brother the lurker) and his favorite uncle (guess who) have owned 6 each. He is a friendly, fun young man and a awesome skier. His boat is on a lift and it is black. You won't be sorry to meet him.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:24am
So far I counted 9 on our river and lake...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 10:56am
North chain in coldwater Mi, (9( total and I have 7 of them. do I have a sickness or what?
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 11:33am
2000 Census has the whole town of White Lake at 238 registered households. Not sure of what percentage is on the lake. That would mean everyone in town has 1+ Correct crafts. Looks like a sweet place though.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 11:43am
So far at our local lake Iam the only one that I know of.
1983 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 5:52pm
400 acres of water in Lake Winnebago, maybe six Nautiques, ours is the oldest, the loudest, and the reddest, by about 25 years.
Most of the IB's here are malibu or mc.

On the Lake of the Ozarks, 90 miles long and over 1500 miles of shore line you can hardly find a CC, or many IB's that are not cruisers.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 6:14pm
Hey Chuck I need to come over your way so I can boat with some Nautiques!

Ryan
1983 Ski Nautique
bubbaskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbaskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 7:55pm
Here on Fountain Lake located in the center of Albert Lea, Minnesota we now have three on our lake. One of which is my '84 SN2001 that I sold to my neighbor. And with the addition of my newly acquired 2008 SN206 it jumped the number from two to three. We have a lot of Centurions, some Malibus and MC's.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:33pm
Chuck,   Lake Ozark, somewhere between 54,000 or 55,000 surface acres.
I know of over 16 close to me.   Few years back, 12 rental CC's at just one Marina.
It would probably take months to scan each and every cove.

AT
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:45pm
I am surprised no one has mentioned Florida. They are flooded with inboards down there. Tons of lakes too..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by rman56 rman56 wrote:

Hey Chuck I need to come over your way so I can boat with some Nautiques!

Ryan

Ryan, good to see you here. How's that boat doing for you this summer?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Chuck,   Lake Ozark, somewhere between 54,000 or 55,000 surface acres.
I know of over 16 close to me.   Few years back, 12 rental CC's at just one Marina.
It would probably take months to scan each and every cove.

AT

AT, where we are, around the 10 I know of only one mid 80's Nautique that is still around. Gotta have 26' nearly to survive the channel on the weekends. Although I have noticed things a lot quieter this summer, at least during the week. Seldom do we show up on the weekend, unless it's a big family event.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 9:08pm
Its performing really well and were taking it out every chance we get! Everything going well for you?

Ryan
1983 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 9:19pm
We're doing good; my sons have had the boat out more than me, I'm glad for them, sad for me.
The summer as usual is flying by.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2010 at 10:23pm
Right now Balch Lake has:
1.My 1993 SN
2.An early era 69ish Mustang
3.A later, like 72 Mustang
4.2001 hull SN, mid 80's
5.Oh! I spotted a Ski Tique last weekend, I was excited as I had not sen it before.
6.I know someone has a Sport Nautique but I haven't seen it out yet this year.

I don't think any of them except me are CCFans though

Considering how small the lake is, and the crazy high number of party barges and bass boats, that's pretty respectable. There's a fair amount of old style Malibu Responses, I'd say it's a close race between those and CCs for inboard ski boats.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic