Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18130
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 4:18pm

Topic: Who's lake has the most CC's
Posted By: Hawktique
Subject: Who's lake has the most CC's
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 6:33pm
I was out with the family this weekend and decided to play a game with the kids. I Spy a Correct Craft. My home lake is Lake Delhi, Iowa. A small river with a dam. Approx 7 miles long, and 100-200 yards wide and very curvy. We counted 71 Correct Crafts, and probably under 10 other inboards of different manufacturers.

-------------
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi

Replies:
Posted By: C-Bass
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 6:51pm
This isn't "My" lake, but the Lake James chains up in Angola, Indiana have tons of CC's. Of course it helps that Mid-west CC was there.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6103" rel="nofollow - 99 Sport
85SN

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 7:26pm
4.... and we own 3 of them

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 7:29pm
I would be real surprised if you find one with more per captia than Whitelake NC, it was nearly a tie between correctcrafts and everything else combined.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 8:31pm
White Lake Marine in White Lake, NC is the oldest CC dealer in the country. They have been their for over 50 years. It is a very small lake, but I heard there were 380 something Correct Crafts registered on the lake. However, I am not sure.

Donald

Posted By: skicat2001
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 8:49pm
Great thread! If you want to talk Tx lakes, Lake Austin is full of Correct Crafts.. If I had to make another guess, I am sure though, you guys up there in the east coast and mid eastern region have maybe a few more.
The lake I go too it is all newer Malibu's, Tige,Supra's and Master Crafts. If there is even year model around 80-86 they are Mastercrafts Stars and Stripes, or Ski Supreme.. But you know they would rather have the Correct Craft..

-------------
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

White Lake Marine in White Lake, NC is the oldest CC dealer in the country. They have been their for over 50 years. It is a very small lake, but I heard there were 380 something Correct Crafts registered on the lake. Hoever, I am not sure. Donald

Wrong!! You believe their "hype" too?? Their math is off slightly! Do you really believe everything you see or hear?

Well, now I guess I'll have to go count CC's!! I certainly won't even try to guess. Our Three Lakes Wi. chain is made up of 20 lakes or 7626 acres giving it a shoreline of 111 miles. Watercraft Sales is on this system and being a CC dealer since 1949 certainly has sold a few CC's!!! My 54 is a Watercraft boat!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Chopper
Date Posted: June-21-2010 at 9:51pm
When I go to our lake there is usually one

Maybe two if I take both.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1540&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1996&yrend=2000 - 98 Ski

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 12:13am
Pete, you asked me the following question: Do you really believe everything you see or hear?

I do not believe anything that the President tells me, but I believe everything you tell me.    

Donald

Posted By: Swatkinz
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 12:29am
+1 for White Lake. I can't imagine that their's any body of water anywhere with a higher percentage of CCs per registered watercraft (including jetskis etc.)

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 12:32am
What ever lake reidp happens to be on.

-------------

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 1:08am
What about the Carolina's? Thats CC country isnt it..

-------------
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 2:04am
I vote for White Lake, especially for the size and the number of CC's, it's only 90 acres of water.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: nautique frk
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 2:21am
Lake Wylie in Charlotte where I am has quite a few CC's including mine but have never tried to count !

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I vote for White Lake, especially for the size and the number of CC's, it's only 90 acres of water.

300 cc's or 600 boats on 90 acres?? That must be a typo??

Would guess we have around 40-50 boats total on our 220 acre lake, and only 1 CC.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 3:42am
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

Lake Wylie in Charlotte where I am has quite a few CC's including mine but have never tried to count !

Hey Mike...look for my nephew, Brett Berry on Wylie. He unfortunatly has a "brand x" boat....name begins with a M. But he grew up with C/C. Both his Dad (my brother the lurker) and his favorite uncle (guess who) have owned 6 each. He is a friendly, fun young man and a awesome skier. His boat is on a lift and it is black. You won't be sorry to meet him.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:24am
So far I counted 9 on our river and lake...

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Posted By: connorssons
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 10:56am
North chain in coldwater Mi, (9( total and I have 7 of them. do I have a sickness or what?

Posted By: Hawktique
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 11:33am
2000 Census has the whole town of White Lake at 238 registered households. Not sure of what percentage is on the lake. That would mean everyone in town has 1+ Correct crafts. Looks like a sweet place though.

-------------
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi

Posted By: rman56
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 11:43am
So far at our local lake Iam the only one that I know of.

-------------
1983 Ski Nautique

Posted By: The Lake
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 5:52pm
400 acres of water in Lake Winnebago, maybe six Nautiques, ours is the oldest, the loudest, and the reddest, by about 25 years.
Most of the IB's here are malibu or mc.

On the Lake of the Ozarks, 90 miles long and over 1500 miles of shore line you can hardly find a CC, or many IB's that are not cruisers.

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 6:14pm
Hey Chuck I need to come over your way so I can boat with some Nautiques!

Ryan

-------------
1983 Ski Nautique

Posted By: bubbaskier
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 7:55pm
Here on Fountain Lake located in the center of Albert Lea, Minnesota we now have three on our lake. One of which is my '84 SN2001 that I sold to my neighbor. And with the addition of my newly acquired 2008 SN206 it jumped the number from two to three. We have a lot of Centurions, some Malibus and MC's.

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:33pm
Chuck,   Lake Ozark, somewhere between 54,000 or 55,000 surface acres.
I know of over 16 close to me.   Few years back, 12 rental CC's at just one Marina.
It would probably take months to scan each and every cove.

AT

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:45pm
I am surprised no one has mentioned Florida. They are flooded with inboards down there. Tons of lakes too..

-------------
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by rman56 rman56 wrote:

Hey Chuck I need to come over your way so I can boat with some Nautiques!

Ryan

Ryan, good to see you here. How's that boat doing for you this summer?

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Chuck,   Lake Ozark, somewhere between 54,000 or 55,000 surface acres.
I know of over 16 close to me.   Few years back, 12 rental CC's at just one Marina.
It would probably take months to scan each and every cove.

AT

AT, where we are, around the 10 I know of only one mid 80's Nautique that is still around. Gotta have 26' nearly to survive the channel on the weekends. Although I have noticed things a lot quieter this summer, at least during the week. Seldom do we show up on the weekend, unless it's a big family event.

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 9:08pm
Its performing really well and were taking it out every chance we get! Everything going well for you?

Ryan

-------------
1983 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 9:19pm
We're doing good; my sons have had the boat out more than me, I'm glad for them, sad for me.
The summer as usual is flying by.

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 10:23pm
Right now Balch Lake has:
1.My 1993 SN
2.An early era 69ish Mustang
3.A later, like 72 Mustang
4.2001 hull SN, mid 80's
5.Oh! I spotted a Ski Tique last weekend, I was excited as I had not sen it before.
6.I know someone has a Sport Nautique but I haven't seen it out yet this year.

I don't think any of them except me are CCFans though

Considering how small the lake is, and the crazy high number of party barges and bass boats, that's pretty respectable. There's a fair amount of old style Malibu Responses, I'd say it's a close race between those and CCs for inboard ski boats.

Date Posted: June-22-2010 at 10:41pm
Summer goes by way too fast!

-------------
1983 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 12:03am
Originally posted by rman56 rman56 wrote:

Summer goes by way too fast!

You got that right.. About the first of October, the water becomes unfriendly and too cold to swim in.

There are many newer wakeboard boats on my lake. There is some enjoyment watching the jet boat family. Watching the long rooster tails and sound is fun.

-------------
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Posted By: TRIP
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 12:11am
Instead of my lake I'll talk about 'my' country.
57% of all inboards are CC. 25% of CC's are on my lake. We once managed to get half of all CC's in the country together!
OK, now in numbers: 7 inboards total, 4 CC's, once my buddy brought his to my lake so we had 2 together. Impressive huh!

-------------
http://www.flyzone-cr.com" rel="nofollow - FlyZone Costa Rica Wakeboarding
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=8406&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1997 Super Sport

Posted By: 83ski2001
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 12:14am
there is one other nautique on my river and its my old one i sold to my buddy.....and there is like 3 other boats on the whole river period. its a beautiful place.

Posted By: Keuka
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 1:14am
I am on Keuka Lake in the finger lakes area of NY. I have never notices how many CCs were on this lake till I bought one. There used to be a dealer right on the lake but they went out several years ago. Just riding around this weekend, I probably saw 5-6 Martiniques the same vintage as mine. There are a lot of the mid to late 80s vintage 2001s. I know of 1 Silver Nautique that looks in imaculate condition. There are a lot of inboard boats on our lake, wood and glass. I would guess that Correct Craft is the largest percentage. There are a lot of other interesting inboards though. I know of a 65 Owens with 327 marine conversion, early Hackercraft replica with flathead ford marine conversion, several early glass Centurys (Resorters, Cheetas, MKII and others) and I just saw a Corvette boat this weekend.

David

-------------
86 Martinique

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 1:51am
On our complex here, 68 miles,300 plus boats.
150 fishing.......outboard
100 bourbon barges.....outboard
50 bow rider/tube puller....I/O
2 CorrectCrafts......ONLY INBOARD

Karen and I own Both

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: nautique frk
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 2:28pm
jbear, where does he live on Wylie ?

Posted By: MI-nick
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 6:55pm
i think only 4 on my lake including mine...lots of pontoon boats...

-------------
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 7:18pm
The pontoon boat thing baffles me a little bit
There are tons of them on my lake.

My aunt and uncle have one and love it; I understand. It's kind of fun to put around on and see the sites. Even when they had a regular boat, they drove it slow anyway, so this suites them better. They're in their 70's so it's also nice to just step from the pier right into it.

The thing that I don't understand is there are lots of young families with them too. There's one that has a huge outboard, like tournament bass boat proportions. With that motor it gets just enough speed for them to use it for tubing and knee boarding. I can't help but think they'd be much happier if they took that motor and mounted it to a bowrider-runabout instead.

Edit:
... or bought a Correct Craft instead!

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 7:49pm
There is a pontoon boat on Powers Lake with a tow bar over the outboard with wakeboard racks on it...

-------------

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:00pm
I haven't counted the CCs in my town, but there are a lot. 5 out of 13 houses on my little court have CCs. Maybe I'll have to count them. If there are not at least 250, I'll be surprised. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:02pm
i have a pontoon boat up north...we wakeboard in the morning and then pontoon all day. pontoon boat is the BEST cruise, swim, beer boat there is.
there are a few out there with big motors that people ski behind...we call those people S$%t heads...no offense...

-------------

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:06pm
of course you must have the #1 pontoon boat accessories...

-------------

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 8:39pm
When I was saving for my SN, my family members used to pretend that they were each, individually, going to go out and buy pontoon boats. Just to get me heated because they knew how bad I wanted a ski boat.

If I knew pontoon boats came equipped like that, maybe I would have been alright with it :)

Now I want to take my camera to the lake this weekend and try to document all of the CCs.

Date Posted: June-23-2010 at 10:18pm
I am jealous of guys up north. I think yall got more inboards and Correct Crafts up there.

Great pic by the way on the Pontoon. My dad is thinking of buying one for the family. There great for hanging out and enjoying the afternoon. He said, you got the ski boat, when we want to go out skiing or whoever can go with you, other than that we can we swim, and float on the pontoon. Tie the pontoon and the ol nautique up and float away..

-------------
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Posted By: Furno
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 2:19am
Secord Lake in mid-Michigan. Not sure why, but the boats are either ski boats (all flavors) or Pontoons. I've got one of both.... 4th of July is crazy and the '83 stays on the hoist. Last 4th of July on one of the pontoon rides we counted 100+.

-------------
Andy

'83 2001

Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 11:36am
I wish there were more CC's around here, I know a few guys that have them but never go out. Pontoons are a good party barge!

-------------
1983 Ski Nautique

Posted By: connorssons
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 12:25pm
Were did ya pick up those pontoon acessories? I need a couple for my toon.

Posted By: 67nautique312
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 4:38pm
Three on my lake.....one 68 baracuda.....one early 90's.....and one super air......then mine 63. the others are ski supreme and stars and stripes MC....

-------------
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 4:44pm
there's close to a 100 on Wawasee, about 6-8 79's alone, tons of newer stuff too.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: NAUTI84
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Right now Balch Lake has:
1.My 1993 SN
4.2001 hull SN, mid 80's
5.Oh! I spotted a Ski Tique last weekend, I was excited as I had not sen it before.
6.I know someone has a Sport Nautique but I haven't seen it out yet this year.

I don't think any of them except me are CCFans though

Considering how small the lake is, and the crazy high number of party barges and bass boats, that's pretty respectable. There's a fair amount of old style Malibu Responses, I'd say it's a close race between those and CCs for inboard ski boats.

Hey Brian,
A few years ago I had mine cruising around Balch.
That's a pretty cool little lake.
About three summers in a row, we rented a house right across the road from the marina.
If I remember right, the NH/Me border went through the yard.
We'd have that cove all to ourselves for the whole week!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=421&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985 - EX-NAUTI84

Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:24pm
Wow, what a small world!
Yes, the Maine NH border does run right through there. Actually, the majority of the lake is Maine, but I always call it New Hampshire, because that's where our side is.

Yeah, it is a cool little lake. It's good for skiing too; doesn't get too choppy. Only down side is there aren't many official markers for where the shallow spots are. You just have to know or rely on the unofficial ones people have made. One guy made a funny little makeshift tombstone in honor of his propeller.

Sunday nights are the best part of the weekend. I'm hoping for some weekdays off later on. It gets really quiet during the week.

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:27pm
2 BFN's
4 2001's
3 90-96
1 176
2 1997
1 sport nautique

-------------

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:30pm
Lake conway in orlando has around 200 and lake butler must have 150!

-------------

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:34pm
Trip, your boat was a conway boat, I think that was my buddy daves old boat!

-------------

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: June-24-2010 at 6:43pm
MI-nick, Ford Lake has
2 early 90's SN
1 99 SN
1 Super Air
your boat
then my two that do not stay on the water but visit the lake on regular basis. There used to be way more CC's on the lake when the ski team was in exsistance.

-------------
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/buckethead1236/Barefooter6-10-09002.jpg" rel="nofollow - MY 87BFN

Posted By: TRIP
Date Posted: June-25-2010 at 3:31am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Trip, your boat was a conway boat, I think that was my buddy daves old boat!

Correct! I bought it from a guy named Dave. Funny, small world. Had to have the trans rebuilt but other than that it's been holding up great.

-------------
http://www.flyzone-cr.com" rel="nofollow - FlyZone Costa Rica Wakeboarding
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=8406&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1997 Super Sport

Date Posted: June-25-2010 at 11:39am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

MI-nick, Ford Lake has
2 early 90's SN
1 99 SN
1 Super Air
your boat
then my two that do not stay on the water but visit the lake on regular basis. There used to be way more CC's on the lake when the ski team was in exsistance.

your right...i forgot about that '99 and the guy that trick ski's behind it...he seems like he's been doing that for a while...

-------------

Posted By: sls
Date Posted: June-25-2010 at 12:21pm
I was going to count last night on Lake James in Indiana, but kept forgetting or losing count. There are a lot!!!

Swam from about 5:30-6:30 at the sandbar, a thursday night. 7 boats there, 3 pontooons, a bow rider, and 3 CC's.

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: June-25-2010 at 3:28pm
I've never had the good fortune of skiing in a place where skiing was popular.

When I lived in NY, 1,100 acre lake
my supra
one late 80s MC
one new (96ish) v-drive malibu

Where I am now, about 500 acre lake (I trailer to)
my tique
about 4 malibu responses
1 SAN (I think)
1 centurian (I think)
1 MC
used to be a flightcraft sportster (one of my favorites)
Ive seen a sanger, supra and one Nautique trailered in

Where I go in NC (250 acre lake)
my tique
my brothers skylark (trailers in)
1 96 nautique (trailers in)
1 91 Excel
over the past 6 years I've seen two other CCs trailered in
3-4 I/O tube pullers
a gazillion tooners

-------------

Date Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:10am
I spotted a couple more this weekend, I guess it's taken people a little while to get them all out:
1.My 1993 SN
4.2001 hull SN, mid 80's
5.A Ski Tique
6.Another early 90's SN.
7.A later 90's SN
8.A second 2001 SN, looks to be later 80's

Posted By: skyway2k
Date Posted: July-14-2010 at 9:02am
Actually counted last week on my parent's lake in Angola, IN - Lake Gage.

With the addition of mine now, there are 43 Correct Craft boats on this lake that is about 3 miles in circumference.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5240&sort=&pagenum=1 - '91 Ski Nautique

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: July-14-2010 at 10:18am
Our lake has:

1 00 SN (ours)
1 93 faded purple SN
1 05 white/red swoosh SN

Otherwise inboard-wise there is:
1 old 80's Supra
1 Newer Moomba Outback OB
1 95ish Malibu Response
1 Early 90's MC 205
1 Malibu Wakesetter

We have about 85 houses on the lake I believe.

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Posted By: grn manlishi
Date Posted: July-18-2010 at 2:21am
Ok Californina is represented. Here in central California at Lake Millertn one out of every 3 inboards is a SN. All others are wannabes.

-------------
98 SNOB

Posted By: Fly100
Date Posted: July-18-2010 at 11:57am
Over here in the UK the Club has 55( down to 35 this year due to economic climate) boat owning members and only one Ski Nautique...mine!!!

Date Posted: July-18-2010 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by grn manlishi grn manlishi wrote:

All others are wannabes.

They all hate our better sound, power, and most of all the name.... CC are the best boat!

-------------
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: July-18-2010 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by grn manlishi grn manlishi wrote:

Ok Californina is represented. Here in central California at Lake Millertn one out of every 3 inboards is a SN. All others are wannabes.

I was at Shaver Lake a couple of weeks ago. Never been there before. Nice setting.    I think it's not terribly far from Millerton.

I didn't count but there was clearly a majority of CCs amongst the inboards on the lake.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Print Page | Close Window