NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does this hull look familiar.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does this hull look familiar.?
    Posted: May-13-2009 at 11:58am
Came across this boat company on a local site.

Is it just me or does the hull look simmilar to CC.

Standard Boats

Anyone know anything about them.?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 12:06pm
Andrew,
Looks like a 70's CC hull!! I wonder if they pulled a mold off a old CC? From the picture it also appears that they haven't made one yet - too much "photoshoping".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 12:12pm
Pete,
Didn't notice the photoshop. Might have another look.

Dims match pretty close to a SN2001, but the bow looks more stretched out a bit like a Supreme.?
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 12:27pm
Chopper I think the windscreen with its long side panels give that illusion. The bow deck looks very short which is a SN trait.

By changing the top deck and screen they may have made enough changes to clear legal implications. But it sure does look like a SN2001 from the rub rail down.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 12:30pm
Andrew,
It's the home page photo that looks photoshoped. Looking at the rest of the site, I see they do have one in the water. I'm looking at the basic shape of the hull (narrow) and the reason I mentioned a 70's boat. It may not be a CC because they would need to be concerned with legal problems but may be off a now no longer boat similar. I acually thought about going into business with another person at one time. Pulling a mold (probably a 70's)off a older boat and then building new ones. Basic without all the add ons common with todays boats. The uncertainty of the market for the soured the idea.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 12:36pm
What bothers me is....... I LIKE IT
bj
hasbeenskier
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 12:40pm
Those dimensions look very similar.

Hull length 19 ft

w/ Platform 21 ft

Max Beam 84”

To long and wide for a 70's model but the 19' I bet is closer to 18'9"

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 12:48pm
At first glace it looks like a 70's CC but i was looking through the "Interior" pictures & they gave a shot of it under power from behind & the hull is more like the 2001SN.

Not bad... but the interior's a little chinsy for my tastes.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 1:00pm
In this photo, it sure looks a lot like the 2001 hull to me.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 1:12pm
I think the windshield is b*tt-ugly.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 1:14pm
Cool project. The wakeboardworld has been screaming for someone to revive the 2001-hull without any bling, just an affordable wakeboardboat. And here it is...
Must say though that it's not as pretty as the original!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 2:07pm
I'd say it looks more like a mustang deck than a 2001 in the main picture. I wish we could still buy new 2001's!!
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 2:21pm
It is the 2001. New deck

Anyway i'm still waiting for the guy at the2001 to finish the V-drive 2001.
martin 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 3:05pm
Looks like my Martinique. Cool boat. I wonder how much they want for them.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 4:48pm
WTF is that in the middle of the pyramid? Thats disturbing.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by TRIP TRIP wrote:

The wakeboardworld has been screaming for someone to revive the 2001-hull without any bling, just an affordable wakeboardboat. And here it is...

So we'll see if anyone puts their money where their mouth is... I'm doubting it.

Would you rather have this?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 5:28pm
now i see the standart thing that dash pod is humble..for the days to come...
LOL
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 5:32pm
I wonder what´s the price tag for it?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 5:44pm
Dudes, this is the same guy that built this boat.

I read somewhere from the guy that bought it that he is an ex-CC employee. I would suspect they are fine boats, not crazy on the styling changes. We'll see what happens!

Philip Shearer
Phone: 352.735.3364
Fax: 352.735.3364
phil@standardboats.com

$29k

Pretty good newspaper article on Mr "Sheer" lol and his boat company
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 7:37pm
Tell tale spray reliefs at the chines should have stopped the guessing along time ago. Browse the photos on his site and you'll a pic of the transom detail.

It's been discussed a bit over on PN. HW is right on.
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 12:11am
Hollywood,
A very astute observation... How did you make the connection?
bj
hasbeenskier
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 12:54am
Maybe someone could buy one and make wakeboard nautique decals for the sides haha. Looks just like my 2001 going through the water at lower speeds.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 1:03am
Nice little hatch access to the underbow storage...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 3:22am
How much do you actually have to alter something like that to avoid patent breaches.?

It's pretty obvious that the hull is the same as a 2001 and only the cap / deck is different.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 9:54am
patents are pretty easy to avoid on everyday things especially on hulls you could add one rake in the hull or a step and its avoided, Noah would have lawsuits lined up, you would more likely get into problems for copying lets say a dash cluster, or a new drive system or to the likes.
is it really that hard to match a tower to a boat? personally the tower kills the look of that boat....the lines dont match, the boat itself is a piece of art though.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

How did you make the connection?

When that boat came up on PN the current owner of the gray 2001 said that's the guy he bought his boat from. I just confirmed it.

Lots more pictures and information on the site, I really wish him luck.

Wood stringers, foam???
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 3:27pm
it was discussed on Wakeworld too, 1:1 tranny.
jrmcmich View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrmcmich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 10:06pm
Looking on PlanetNautique, I saw a similar thread with the same boat. They were saying it was going for around $27,000. The location of the dash gages is odd.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 10:20pm
I gazed the CC price list and the baseline bare boat was 42k, 27k is more in line for a base price. but G.d. i keep looking at the tower and gag
"the things you own will start to own you"
Rusty2sb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty2sb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

What bothers me is....... I LIKE IT
bj

Me too, from what I have read, you can customize virtually everything, from dash to a wrap. Smart business choice..... How many people will make a new nautique out of this???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic