NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE
    Posted: August-26-2008 at 11:33am
OK, you asked for it and now you can show what you got.

A new contest at LAKE GEORGE, but you don't lose your boat!!!

We will have some fun finding out, who's got the fastest and badest boat on the water.

Cool prizes for those who enter!!!!
P.S. a small prize for the slowest as well..
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 11:36am
So if it is for who gets to the finish line first I know who it won't be. Good out of the hole but no lungs on the top end.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:04pm
Sure Dave, Easy for you to issue that challenge when you are still holding the keys to the Orange Crush.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:19pm
DON'T BE SCARED, I CALL HEAR IT IN YOUR VOICE.

And I'll be looking in the mirror the whole time.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:21pm
Reid, what boat are you bringing up? Does this change your plans?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:30pm
DON'T FORGET, I WAS THE ONE TO TEACH THIS BABY TO WALK OR SHOULD I SAY RUN!!!!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

So if it is for who gets to the finish line first I know who it won't be. Good out of the hole but no lungs on the top end.

I guess that all depends on how far away the finish line is, doesnt it? I vote for a 50 yard dash!

I dont know about it having no lungs- it gets to 5200 pretty quick... the hull just doesnt have any speed. It sounds fast though!

My guess is that theres a stroker 2001 that should run all over any other boat there, which should even include that fancy orange number.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:35pm
Didn't WSM put that boat slightly above 50 with the smaller engine? Shouldn't it hit low 50's? If that's the case Godfather, you may want to disqualify some of the older modified boats.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:36pm
WOW, that made me think,I might have to use full throttle and not half.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Didn't WSM put that boat slightly above 50 with the smaller engine? Shouldn't it hit low 50's? If that's the case Godfather, you may want to disqualify some of the older modified boats.

If by smaller, you mean the 390hp 6.0L rather than the 409hp 6.0L, then yes- I believe it topped out at 50.9mph. I think it would be a miracle if the 409 tops 52-53, which I think Joe should be able to do without any issue. I refuse to grind all of the hook out of my hull, so Im out of the running on top end for sure.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:47pm
Godfather, If I am able to make the reunion, and I bring my 2 sons, ages 14 and 17, both who drive a ski boat very well, (they've used our 2003 all they want the past 4 years and they haven't put one scratch in it), would they be able to drive it? They prefer an alternative brand, but this orange one could sway them, and there are more new ski boats in their future than most people's.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:57pm
Tim, If 52-53 is the top then he's fair game for a couple of guys but I think he'll kill most on the holeshot. If the course is long enough he may be caught.

This could be a lot of fun, do we get to negotiate boat lengths? AND with or without the Bottle!!!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 2:01pm
Tim, 52-53 would be smoking for a modern boat. Between all the people that want to drive it and want to race it, it will be well broken in by the end of the week end.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Tim, If 52-53 is the top then he's fair game for a couple of guys but I think he'll kill most on the holeshot. If the course is long enough he may be caught.

Im guessing 51-52 is more likely, but Im not convinced the 6.0L will have much more out of the hole than the older Fords. Ive yet to drive one, but Ive heard that the 2 Chevies (330hp 350 and the 6.0L) are pretty comparable out of the hole, though the 6.0L rules on top. I can say for sure that on comparable hulls, the GT40 has it all over the Excalibur until you get above 40mph. The new boats come out of the water much quicker than the older ones, though.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 3:35pm
looks like we have a new smack talker out there, the orange boat looks fast out of the hole, but if it dont run 54+ its not going to beat the older boats, Reids classic would take it too school and its over 40 years old!

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 3:42pm
Ken you have to be carefull these are all GPS numbers these guys are throwing out, But that launch video of the orange Crush is pretty impressive. Reid has a weight advantage and then if Marshell's will stay together long enough you could be looking at exhaust from a sixties model CC, lucky for you I believe Doc is leaving his down south this trip.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 4:11pm
I plan on doing 63... on the trailer on the way there... downhill that is since I am driving the explorer.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 4:39pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXwfOGBBsw&feature=related
maybe this guy will show up put a correct craft decal and good to go
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 2:17am

Godfather, my 2 sons, ages 14...They prefer an alternative brand,

You should be setting a better example Bruce for those young guys.....what kind a Dad would let their sons "prefer an alternate brand"?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 2:40am
BUT CAPTAIN, I'M GIVING HER ALL SHE GOT!!!!

Let me tell you a little story, the orange Crush was tested with 2 people in the boat.

And we used GPS hand held and don't forget the ZERO OFF in this boat.

And then it was tested with the driver (only weighing 168lbs).

I was on the dock watching this beast, I am saving the first ride with Keith at LAKE GEORGE. And we will be back when we run out of gas!!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Godfather, my 2 sons, ages 14...They prefer an alternative brand,

You should be setting a better example Bruce for those young guys.....what kind a Dad would let their sons "prefer an alternate brand"?

john

John, the kind of dad that born and raised them in a 88 Malibu Skier. We have three boats, my personal favorite is the Mustang, which they like, but they prefer the newer boats.

I am trying to correct my erred past. This crush boat has potential to convert them.

Godfather?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

BUT CAPTAIN, I'M GIVING HER ALL SHE GOT!!!!

Let me tell you a little story, the orange Crush was tested with 2 people in the boat.

And we used GPS hand held and don't forget the ZERO OFF in this boat.

And then it was tested with the driver (only weighing 168lbs).

I was on the dock watching this beast, I am saving the first ride with Keith at LAKE GEORGE. And we will be back when we run out of gas!!!

Is somebody gunna be there with a GT-40 to line up with this bad boy?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

I hope for the sake of that guy lying on the motor box that you guys didn't run across any rollers/chop during that drive... ehhhh

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 1:02pm
He's in Reid's crew so you can assume he's probably getting in position to hit the double up.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 5:12pm
"Double up"... is that anything like "running a train" up here? or are we talking about the wakeboarding 'double up' ? haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 5:55pm
Reid's classic is a '62, 46 years old.
Tim D
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 7:46pm
I'm pretty sure I could build/buy a faster boat (sure won't look pretty) than the Orange Crush, win the title then turn around and sell it and still end up ahead. Someone want to lend me $20k?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 12:48am
Bruce: At least you're the kinda Dad that has them boating and skiing. For that you'll never be sorry.

BTW: Hope you know I was just kidding.

My favorite is the Mustang too....must be old guys=old boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 8:11am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

must be old guys=old boat.
john

John, I think you may have a point here!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 5:19pm
John I know you're kidding, and old guys does=old boat. That Classic of Reids got to be one of the nicest CC in existance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
  Share Topic