Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11710
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 10:56pm

Topic: NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE
Posted By: The Godfather
Subject: NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 11:33am
OK, you asked for it and now you can show what you got.

A new contest at LAKE GEORGE, but you don't lose your boat!!!

We will have some fun finding out, who's got the fastest and badest boat on the water.

Cool prizes for those who enter!!!!
P.S. a small prize for the slowest as well..

Replies:
Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 11:36am
So if it is for who gets to the finish line first I know who it won't be. Good out of the hole but no lungs on the top end.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:04pm
Sure Dave, Easy for you to issue that challenge when you are still holding the keys to the Orange Crush.

-------------

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:19pm
DON'T BE SCARED, I CALL HEAR IT IN YOUR VOICE.

And I'll be looking in the mirror the whole time.

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:21pm
Reid, what boat are you bringing up? Does this change your plans?

-------------

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 12:30pm
DON'T FORGET, I WAS THE ONE TO TEACH THIS BABY TO WALK OR SHOULD I SAY RUN!!!!!

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

So if it is for who gets to the finish line first I know who it won't be. Good out of the hole but no lungs on the top end.

I guess that all depends on how far away the finish line is, doesnt it? I vote for a 50 yard dash!

I dont know about it having no lungs- it gets to 5200 pretty quick... the hull just doesnt have any speed. It sounds fast though!

My guess is that theres a stroker 2001 that should run all over any other boat there, which should even include that fancy orange number.

-------------

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:35pm
Didn't WSM put that boat slightly above 50 with the smaller engine? Shouldn't it hit low 50's? If that's the case Godfather, you may want to disqualify some of the older modified boats.

-------------

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:36pm
WOW, that made me think,I might have to use full throttle and not half.

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Didn't WSM put that boat slightly above 50 with the smaller engine? Shouldn't it hit low 50's? If that's the case Godfather, you may want to disqualify some of the older modified boats.

If by smaller, you mean the 390hp 6.0L rather than the 409hp 6.0L, then yes- I believe it topped out at 50.9mph. I think it would be a miracle if the 409 tops 52-53, which I think Joe should be able to do without any issue. I refuse to grind all of the hook out of my hull, so Im out of the running on top end for sure.

-------------

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:47pm
Godfather, If I am able to make the reunion, and I bring my 2 sons, ages 14 and 17, both who drive a ski boat very well, (they've used our 2003 all they want the past 4 years and they haven't put one scratch in it), would they be able to drive it? They prefer an alternative brand, but this orange one could sway them, and there are more new ski boats in their future than most people's.

-------------

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:57pm
Tim, If 52-53 is the top then he's fair game for a couple of guys but I think he'll kill most on the holeshot. If the course is long enough he may be caught.

This could be a lot of fun, do we get to negotiate boat lengths? AND with or without the Bottle!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 2:01pm
Tim, 52-53 would be smoking for a modern boat. Between all the people that want to drive it and want to race it, it will be well broken in by the end of the week end.

-------------

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Tim, If 52-53 is the top then he's fair game for a couple of guys but I think he'll kill most on the holeshot. If the course is long enough he may be caught.

Im guessing 51-52 is more likely, but Im not convinced the 6.0L will have much more out of the hole than the older Fords. Ive yet to drive one, but Ive heard that the 2 Chevies (330hp 350 and the 6.0L) are pretty comparable out of the hole, though the 6.0L rules on top. I can say for sure that on comparable hulls, the GT40 has it all over the Excalibur until you get above 40mph. The new boats come out of the water much quicker than the older ones, though.

-------------

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 3:35pm
looks like we have a new smack talker out there, the orange boat looks fast out of the hole, but if it dont run 54+ its not going to beat the older boats, Reids classic would take it too school and its over 40 years old!

-------------

Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 3:42pm
Ken you have to be carefull these are all GPS numbers these guys are throwing out, But that launch video of the orange Crush is pretty impressive. Reid has a weight advantage and then if Marshell's will stay together long enough you could be looking at exhaust from a sixties model CC, lucky for you I believe Doc is leaving his down south this trip.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 4:11pm
I plan on doing 63... on the trailer on the way there... downhill that is since I am driving the explorer.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Posted By: k.o.
Date Posted: August-26-2008 at 4:39pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXwfOGBBsw&feature=related
maybe this guy will show up put a correct craft decal and good to go

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7587" rel="nofollow - 86 ski nautique

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 2:17am

Godfather, my 2 sons, ages 14...They prefer an alternative brand,

You should be setting a better example Bruce for those young guys.....what kind a Dad would let their sons "prefer an alternate brand"?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 2:40am
BUT CAPTAIN, I'M GIVING HER ALL SHE GOT!!!!

Let me tell you a little story, the orange Crush was tested with 2 people in the boat.

And we used GPS hand held and don't forget the ZERO OFF in this boat.

And then it was tested with the driver (only weighing 168lbs).

I was on the dock watching this beast, I am saving the first ride with Keith at LAKE GEORGE. And we will be back when we run out of gas!!!

Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Godfather, my 2 sons, ages 14...They prefer an alternative brand,

You should be setting a better example Bruce for those young guys.....what kind a Dad would let their sons "prefer an alternate brand"?

john

John, the kind of dad that born and raised them in a 88 Malibu Skier. We have three boats, my personal favorite is the Mustang, which they like, but they prefer the newer boats.

I am trying to correct my erred past. This crush boat has potential to convert them.

Godfather?

-------------

Posted By: M3Fan
Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

BUT CAPTAIN, I'M GIVING HER ALL SHE GOT!!!!

Let me tell you a little story, the orange Crush was tested with 2 people in the boat.

And we used GPS hand held and don't forget the ZERO OFF in this boat.

And then it was tested with the driver (only weighing 168lbs).

I was on the dock watching this beast, I am saving the first ride with Keith at LAKE GEORGE. And we will be back when we run out of gas!!!

Is somebody gunna be there with a GT-40 to line up with this bad boy?

-------------
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Posted By: nates78ski
Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

I hope for the sake of that guy lying on the motor box that you guys didn't run across any rollers/chop during that drive... ehhhh

Nate

-------------
Nathan
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1463&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 1:02pm
He's in Reid's crew so you can assume he's probably getting in position to hit the double up.

-------------

Posted By: nates78ski
Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 5:12pm
"Double up"... is that anything like "running a train" up here? or are we talking about the wakeboarding 'double up' ? haha

Nate

-------------
Nathan
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1463&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 5:55pm
Reid's classic is a '62, 46 years old.

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: August-27-2008 at 7:46pm
I'm pretty sure I could build/buy a faster boat (sure won't look pretty) than the Orange Crush, win the title then turn around and sell it and still end up ahead. Someone want to lend me $20k?

-------------

Date Posted: August-28-2008 at 12:48am
Bruce: At least you're the kinda Dad that has them boating and skiing. For that you'll never be sorry.

BTW: Hope you know I was just kidding.

My favorite is the Mustang too....must be old guys=old boat.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-28-2008 at 8:11am

must be old guys=old boat.
john

John, I think you may have a point here!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: August-28-2008 at 5:19pm
John I know you're kidding, and old guys does=old boat. That Classic of Reids got to be one of the nicest CC in existance.

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 3:10am
Right you both are Bruce & Pete.

Gotta agree as to Reids boat too...and Raindogs. Those boats were meant to be Red and White!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 3:34am
Does anyone remember the SN boat built in 2001 with the FORD LIGHTING MOTOR, SUPER-CHARGED.

It was Red & White as well, fast colors.

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 8:10am

Does anyone remember the SN boat built in 2001 with the FORD LIGHTING MOTOR, SUPER-CHARGED.

Dave, I do remember seeing a review on the boat and remember it wasn't the greatest. The torque curve with the blower just didn't match what's needed in a ski boat. What were the peformance details?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 11:15am
I will ask the pit crew and get back to you later.

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 11:29am
The one you used at the Masters for the ski flying? --- I remember that boat!

Have some pics of it in the photo album just in case I forget what the red flash looked like. So far I haven't had to go back to the album.

Pete- You are getting too technical here. That thing was awsome on the trailer & water!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 12:54pm
There is one in the diary's

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=683&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=2001&yrend=2001 - 393 Stroker

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 12:57pm

That boat was at Sea World in Orlando in November of 2000. I saw it screaming across the pond. It was way louder than any of the other boats there. They were not using it in the shows, but said it was a hot prototype CC was working on.

Godfather, what about the test ride?

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

There is one in the diary's

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=683&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=2001&yrend=2001 - 393 Stroker

Nope, different boat. That 393 boat originally had a GT40 that took a dump. Same red/white graphics though.

No Lightning boats ever made production as far as Im aware. I inquired about it with PCM back in '00-01 when I first heard about it- they told me that it never made it out of development. IIRC, it was a 5.4L modular Ford engine with a supercharger. Pete, I never saw a review of one since they were just prototypes- but I bet they screamed. I think the reason they never took off was due to the lack of marine parts for the SOHC Fords. Greg's right- they were used for ski flying. Ive never seen one in person, but sure would love to.

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:28pm
How many lightning boats were made?

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:48pm
Alrighty there Timmy,

I do seem to remember CC or someone raffling off/giving away a Lighting Boat / Truck combo?
There are some of these out there somewhere, would be cool to see one.

Also a few years back at the Chicago Boat show they had one of those PCM Supercharged motors on a stand. Awesome looking.

Injection is nice.. But I'd rather be Blown!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 2:58pm

-------------

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 3:50pm
Quinner, about the one in the diaries: doesn't a Nautique look even better when towed by a Beamer?

HW, that combination rocks!!

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 4:27pm
Gotta love those BMW's, had a 5 series some years ago.

Now if we can get JBear to drive it would be a "Jim Beamer" in a Beamer!

-------------

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: August-29-2008 at 7:45pm
How in the world did I miss this thread until now!!??

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Reid, what boat are you bringing up? Does this change your plans?

Well, just like GL this year, I wasn't planning to bring anything fast,......until now. But I know when I've been called a chump.   
OH, IT'S ON!!

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

How many lightning boats were made?

Can't say how many were made to date, but we're about to make another starting tomorrow, just to smack down Dave. But do you think it might take away from the whole LG event if Orange Crush 409 isn't the top dog? Well I don't care. I'm bringing a GT-80!!

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 1:28am
To answer about the Lighting Boat, just 1 was made for Ford. For a photo shoot with the matching truck. I am not sure were the boat is now.

To answer about the ski pylon, Hollywood it's Black Anodized.

And to answer reidp, I never said I was in the race. UNTIL NOW

Don't forget the 14 reason's down south.

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 1:35am
Now, lets see if he takes the BAIT!!

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:30am
It must be 79Nautique signature line week...I better get one. Should not be to difficult.

I always liked those graphics Tim altho I am not sure to many others did. BTW...nice looking rig.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:36am

Now, lets see if he takes the BAIT!!

Hook, line, and sinker. Isn't it nice to have another trouble maker like Mr Hendricks on this site? And especially one with connections!!

Meanwhile, the little (original Orange Crush) Mustang in my tag below will have a 429 Boss in 2 weeks if that's what it takes to beat Dave. What am I saying?; I'll bet 235 Holman Moody Ford horsepower can take the 409 Bowtie just as it is. Now see who the real bait biter is......

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:43am
And the top speed is?

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:44am
Sounds like Jerry is gonna be busy. Don't make him go to all that trouble...just bring up the Red & White boat and have your way with them bowtie guys.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:11am
Mr. ReidP, I will meet you on the lake at HIGH NOON on 8/13/08.

Just a little note:
The boat hull number is 13
I joined this site on the 13th
And I will be on the lake on the 13th.

SPOOKY

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:17am

And the top speed is?

Not sure, as we pegged both GPS units.

Jbear, he wouldn't consider the 46yr old 390 Interceptor a fair fight- too many cubes. Need to stick with a small block I'm afraid and at least give him a chance, or else they might take their toys and go home. And that toy sure is pretty. I'll over look the engine for a ride.

Isn't the number 13 bad luck? I'll be there for sure.      

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:26am
Smart...I'd love a ride as well.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:28am
We will put on a good show for the FAN'S.

P.S. I hope Ken lets me drive the boat.

I love the number 13, take 1 from 14 and you get 13, you know what I mean.

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:32am
Dave: Did ya get my e-mail?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:37am
No

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:51am
Ok I'll try again. Just checked my "sent" file and it wasn't there. Darn...I am a slow typer.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 4:16am
Ok...another attempt just went out.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 11:27am
jbear, I will not be in my office till Tuesday to check. If you need to talk call my cell later today.

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 12:20pm
Can the stock boats get a head start??? I have a feeling I'll be riding many boat wakes.

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 1:05pm

Sounds like Jerry is gonna be busy.
john

John, we all know it's true. Reid mouths off & Jerry has to back it up!

By the way, would that make it Jerry Reid?

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 2:12pm
Reid , is there a secret that we need to know about?Is there a Packard in the Classics future or just a Turbine to go in the Mustang setting on the floor.
I heard from the rumor mill that Godfather has issued a challenge to meet you at High Noon.Just a word of CAUTION REID.....Word on the street is "I Will Show Up At This Knife Fight With A Hired Gun"
Reid this guy sounds like he will not go down easy,have all your Tee's crossed and I's dotted.He won't be fighting fair , and money is no object to Win this little race.....................Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: shawnmc
Date Posted: August-30-2008 at 6:28pm
I wish i could be there. Not only to meet you all but to watch this race of EPIC proportion!

I wonder if an 86 will fit in the belly of a 747???

Posted By: adamt
Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 12:57am

Mr. ReidP, I will meet you on the lake at HIGH NOON on 8/13/08.

My money's on Reid!!! There's no telling what he's hiding in that garage of his?!? Is there going to be a live satellite feed of the event so I can watch Reid's victory on my computer?!?!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 9:27am
This is turning into a heck'uva missle waving contest...just remember the Buffalo will show up someday.   

...somebody has to pick up the boat parts along the way?!!?     LMAO

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 12:45pm
Adam, thanks for the support and very well designed "banner". I think I'll blow that up to 8x10, FEET.      
If only that's all it took.

Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Sounds like Jerry is gonna be busy.
john

John, we all know it's true. Reid mouths off & Jerry has to back it up!
By the way, would that make it Jerry Reid?

Very true Greg, but I may have mouthed off a little too late here, as we're a little too short of time. So we may need to spend Jerry's limited time stitching up a big white flag.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 12:45pm
I'll line up against the 409 CCF boat....with 4 of its plug wires pulled....and drain plug.

I'd be more than happy to line up against another 2001 hull...except for Joe's fire breathing engine from hell.

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I'd be more than happy to line up against another 2001 hull...except for Joe's fire breathing engine from hell.

Ken

Who me? I spent all day yesterday working on my stereo, I am going for loudest boat to make up for my inferiority complex over my muffled exhaust.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 12:57pm
Hey Big Daddy, I hope you got some good sleep last night!!! Or are you still up!!

I have little birds everywhere keeping me posted.

Let me throw another curve ball at you, I will not be driving in this event..Sorry to say but its true.

If my plans falls together, I will have a special?????

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Ken

Who me? I spent all day yesterday working on my stereo, I am going for loudest boat to make up for my inferiority complex over my muffled exhaust.

Yup, I'm referring to you, Joe. Muffled exhaust? With what you're packing under the hood? I have to imagine it's much louder than a stock 351 PCM.

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 1:21pm

Hey Big Daddy, I hope you got some good sleep last night!!! Or are you still up!!

"I" slepted like a baby last night. In fact I just woke up half hour ago.

I have little birds everywhere keeping me posted.

Little, un-informed birds, with big mouths. Just the same, I'm going solitary.

Let me throw another curve ball at you, I will not be driving in this event..Sorry to say but its true.

Crap, now I really do have to worry.

If my plans falls together, I will have a special?????

Special..........Ed?

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 3:52pm
All I have to say is you "bone heads" are lucky I,m not going to be there, my money is on Timmy anyway!

-------------

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 3:59pm
This what you guys would be seeing all weekend!

-------------

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 4:54pm
I'm missing something here Mark. Why would we all be fixating on how your platform fell off, or are to trying to tell us in a round about way that you've traded in blondiegirl for something significantly less shapely.

Gotta get back out to the boathouse. I've got the supercharger bolted on and now I'm just trying to figure out some new plumbing on this vintage exhaust in order to spin up the turbo charger.     

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 5:06pm
Reid...what did you do, walk up to house to get Jerry a fresh beer, yes you better get back to the boathouse before he stops working!

-------------

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 5:09pm
And the little birdie speaks of "SMACK" I was not saying a word about the add on's .
Guess that Dave is gonna have egg on his face before the High Noon Showdown....
Better show up with a BIG GUN DAVE.......................Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Date Posted: August-31-2008 at 11:50pm
Down South I heard of a person with 60+ in a SKI. I just think I might have to call THE SHOW GUN, in for a favor!!    

I like my egg's sunny-side up and to go please..

THE SOUTH WILL RAISE AGAIN!!!!

P.S. no smoking mirror's please..or little white cry towel's.

Date Posted: September-01-2008 at 1:28am
Is the older guy (forgot his name..you know who I mean MM..beat us at the last reunion) gonna show up with his NOS boat?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-01-2008 at 1:36am
Anybody smell smoke, I think someone on fire by now!!!

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: September-01-2008 at 11:21am
Really enjoying this thread with it's trash talk.

Kinda reminds me of one of my favorite all time TV shows. More power !!! Tim would fit right in with this crew.

Wish I was attending. The anticipation is building can the 409 be taken down. Or will the old Henry's prevail.

I have now added one of these CC reunions to my "Bucket List"

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Date Posted: September-01-2008 at 3:54pm
NOW, MY JOB IS COMPLETED. I HAVE DONE WHAT WAS MEANT TO BE..

I was to turn the heat up some and I did a very good job at that!!

I respect THE BIG DADDY very much..

And to have some people out there say, hey we might have to go to this big event!! Or another one down the line.

Then, I have completed my mission..
And by the way Big Daddy it was not the Doc, thanks to you all the beer you give to Jerry he started to sing and I heard him all the way down here!!! (Just kidding Jerry) And yes I am looking for a boat,BIG DADDY keep your eyes open for something that was the 1st..hehe

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:17pm
Haven't heard from bill in a long time, would be interesting if you got his beast to run in this event.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:27pm
If this is not the Orange Crush this could be interesting.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:44pm
I know but I'm not telling. The pieces to the puzzle are coming together!

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:49pm
Godfather Dave,
You definitely did a good job of turning up the heat, but don't dare think about getting on the back burner and cooling down. We'll come up with another name around here for guys that do that.

I got your message and sorry I missed your call Sunday evening. I tried getting back to you but then got your voice mail. I'll try you back later today.

'79, I've been wondering about and miss Bill Burgess as well. Anybody down in FLA got any word on him? I'd be just fine however, with his boat staying away from any "in-water" events.    

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:49pm
I think he was talking about bringing his 75 mustang or something of the like.

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I think he was talking about bringing his 75 mustang or something of the like.

Mr Meloon that is, not Mr. Burgess... if he was looking to come up we should take up a collection to offer to buy him a plane ticket, hate to see him tow his boat all that way...

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:58pm
reidp, I was being nice to you, but now you are just like a little dog that want go away.

Wake Jerry up and make sure there are no loose bolt's on your so-call super freak boat.

Because, it's back on BIG DADDY.
I know what the 409 will produce in speed.

Do you think that's all I have to bring...

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 1:03pm

Because, it's back on BIG DADDY.
I know what the 409 will produce in speed.

Do you think that's all I have to bring...

well trash talk doesn't float too well or go very fast when water is added. So what else do you have in mind

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 1:39pm
Well, let me put it nicely to the old school class. It has to do with a little black box that all you have to do is just plug it in.

Do the math, this boat comes with upgrades, if needed.

And it will come on the plane with me, I told you I was bringing some nice stuff.

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 1:54pm
Man, with all this hype, it's going to look pretty bad if that 409 doesn't dominate everything, and especially if Godfather begs off on lining up with someone.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 1:58pm
so your going to flash the Prom in the computer for extra pony's nice? or just replacing the ECU all together with a re-mapped unit? You do get all the goodies don't you?

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 3:03pm

so your going to flash the Prom in the computer for extra pony's nice? or just replacing the ECU all together with a re-mapped unit?

Id be curious to know exactly what he would change. I bet removing the rev limiter is one of the things he'll do, though. I know my uncle will bump up against it in his '04 196 (ZR6). I think its set close to 5400RPM.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 3:09pm
rev limiter, advance profile, fuel pressure, injector pulse width, sensor limits, lots of things to change and get power from, the rev limiter is the last thing to change if at all. Stick with the simple stuff your better off there than the fancy motors that require a computer to operate. Easy to get a 50 more pony's if you have the equipement and know how.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 3:19pm

the rev limiter is the last thing to change if at all.

For all-around power, yes. For top speed, no- assuming he's not repropping. If a 375hp 196 can hit the limiter, then the 409 should be as well. Those other tweaks will equal more power, so the limiter will have to disappear if they want to push more revs.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 3:33pm
If you are going to run for a couple miles then you might need a few more R's for the top end but then you risk blowing it up too.

But if it only takes say 100 ft to get to your top speed and it takes every one else 300 ft to get to there top speed who wins in a quarter mile race? The one that doesn't have to change the rev limit because he's opened up a huge lead after 100 ft and extends that lead even more over the next 200 ft while your pig is still trying to get to max RPM to pass it which, it's not going to do very fast, if it's only a couple of MPH faster to start with, so really changing the rev limit is the last thing to worry about.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 4:20pm
If these boxes are needed to get decent performance out of a 6.0, will Correct Craft offer them as an option?

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 4:24pm

If these boxes are needed to get decent performance out of a 6.0, will Correct Craft offer them as an option?

the boxes are all ready on the motor from the factory, I'm guessing that it is a tweeked version of the stock black box ECU/computer that controls all of the engine's functions, rpm, timing, idle air control, all sensors and so fourth and I doubt What Dave has will be availible for any engine but the CCF boat.

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 6:35pm
I believe the rev limiter on the 409 might be as high as 5700 as that's what the specs show the horsepower at. I saw this on the PCM site I believe.

I just bought me a rev limiter for my new engine and after a few test runs with the new 12x17 prop, I conservatively set it at 6400. Jack Roush was with me at the time and he thought that was a little low, until I told him who/what the competition was. He then suggested I drop it even further, stating that he saw no apparent cause to run the engine any harder than need be.       

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: kytom2
Date Posted: September-02-2008 at 6:54pm
God..It's getting deep in here!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window