Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tow Rig and Boat Combinations

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2009 at 5:18pm
For some lakes without a launch ramp, a tractor was the only way to get your boat in the water. I remember back in the seventies we took our 1968 Ski nautique up to Northern Minnesota to a small, clean and very cold lake. The tractor was the only thing they used to launch boats.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2009 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

we took our 1968 Ski nautique up to Northern Minnesota. The tractor was the only thing they used to launch boats.

The tractor will work in MN. but is LA. it's a different story.

I understand Billy's got a new tow vehicle. Here it is for getting the Dart in and out of the bayou.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2009 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Sure alot of Ford tow vehicles on here kinda feel left out. This is the one I use to move the boat around the yard,and has been retired from launch duties since I've been buying 4wd.It's been in the family since new back in '47

Gary...I really like the old Ford tractor. Just one problem....Its not Green and Yellow

I have just about got the Southwind ready for its maiden voyage. You got that Mustang ready yet? We will have to have a Correct Craft rendezvous on the Fox River this summer.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 1:29am
David,I think it would look funny green & yellow I have another week to go until I test it out,then a little trailer work. Sounds like a good plan sometime,hope it starts getting warmer.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2009 at 9:39pm
Hollywood, I finally got some current pictures for you.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 7:25pm
Now that is a really cool combination dude!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 11:12pm
Alan - Do you have a picture of the '81 behind Todd's Ford truck? Now that's a sweet set-up!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 12:33am
1983 Monte Carlo SS

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 9:16pm
Trying to get this going again! Great to see vehicles pulling boats during the colder months! Reminds all of us in cold weather states that warm days at the lake will again return!

TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 12:16am
OK I'll play along, this is a pic I took for someone on another site, but I kinda like it even though it was more of a joke at the time. I think the best pics of boats are when they are in the water where they should be.

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 12:57am
Ahh the green grass...

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 2:47am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/brainard_bucket_bucket/towingrig.jpg">

Pete,
That's a sweet setup.!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 10:27am
my rig...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2009 at 1:58am
Tim,

I am sorting through our pictures and I KNOW I have one of Alan pulling the 81 behind ol' blue. I will try sending that to Alan tonight. I don't think I even have one of the superduty and the new trailer yet.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2009 at 2:30am
Found them. I am sending them to Alan tomorrow when I get around high speed. Aircards suck. I also found a few old ones of our boat and past truck. I will get our posted next year when I finally figure the picture thing out.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2009 at 3:18pm
Work in progress. Skier under the fishing boat trailer and prior to wetsanding

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2009 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

Aircards suck.

Yes, yes they do! I'm dependent on one while at work.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 1:04pm
Ok here's a couple that Todd just sent me of the 81 behind "Ole Blue"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 1:11pm
Yeah, that was sweet looking for sure.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 1:16pm
Indeed...and it matches the colours!!!and engine brand!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2010 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yeah, that was sweet looking for sure.

Here's another sweet looking rig for ya Hollywood. Todd Weitekamps' new set up.
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2010 at 10:16pm
I'd like to see someone backing that down a ramp.
86 Martinique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2010 at 10:47pm
Always wondered if that could be done legally. Now that rig is a good idea...and good looking too. I assume there must be a length limit on it??

One question.....How do you pull the spare car to drive around when you get to the campground? Does that go behind the Nautique?
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2010 at 11:03pm
Todd we call that a road train in Australia.

My Rig
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
dsums View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 1:55am
Really would like to be able to tow a 5th wheel and the CC at same time. Looks great. Those road trains are crazy. My old crew cab with 10' camper and boat almost made 50' end to end. Can't imagine driving a rig 50 meters long. If this post works out this is the current rig. I need to get a better picture of at some time.

luckyenough View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckyenough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 10:37am

Yea, I know it's not a CC, but we are having a blast with this rig.
05 Chev.    1989 Sierra Supreme

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 2:49pm
Thanks Alan for posting that. If you are under 65 feet, you can pull in many states. I am 63.5 feet bumper to swim board. In Minnesota you can be 75 feet. Too damn long for a pickup. It pulls great at 60mph. Hopefully we can make it up to GL without killing anybody! It is a heck of a head turner in the campground.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 3:05pm
Interesting Weitekampt.

What is the law regarding this in WI?
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 5:33pm
You need a permit to do it. You can get them for the year, monthly or weekly. For the GL reunion, I will get the bare bones and it is 18 bucks or so. I am not sure about other states, but that is the farthest I will tow this train. Normally it is just to clinton which is 30 miles each way. They say that if it is legal in your state, usually you can get through the others. I just know Wisconsin requires permits, so I am going to get one. There are many states that don't allow you to do this. I am lucky in Illinois. It is just cheaper than driving 2 vehicles every time we go camping.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2010 at 10:48pm
my rig
2003 double cab ranger 2.8 powerstroke i-4 engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic