Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sunken boat resto ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Lazarus II View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazarus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sunken boat resto ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED
    Posted: August-07-2006 at 9:49pm
Hey folks i've been ever so slowly slogging along on the Lazarus (named so due so rising from the dead) which was completely submerged for about a year due to owner neglect. the hull is good and all the other stuff is easy, but time consuming and costly to replace. im just curious if anyone else on here has been nutty enough to take on a project like this from the ground up. I mean im dedicated to the project and WILL see it thru to completion but just lookin for some insight from a very seasoned group.

Thanx in advance
Zack

Going fast never hurt a soul, its the sudden stops that get ya!!!!!!
79 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 9:56pm
Zack, er Lazarus, all I can say is, "Wow." Your project is aptly named.
If there is a group of guys who can help with this, you'll find them here. I am sort of limited to offering encouragement, keep us posted with pics of your progress.
Do you have anything to go back in the boat yet?
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:37pm
Wow how deep was it sunk,I think deep would be better,lack of oxygen would keep the rot back I think.Get it dry as soon as possible,imagine the foam under floor is soaked thru prob have to remove floors and foam.

I like those exhaust manifolds I had some like that on a commander motor.

Good luck Munday
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 1:58am
I like the idea. Now you don't have to pay for something a PO said he did....or did not do...

How many times have we all regretted a PO's decision.

Take that engine and tranny apart immediatley ad then take the hull to the car wash and see what shakes loose.

Great engine also, very cool exhaust.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Cheaterpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 4:08am
Great boat!

Good luck !
Actual boat SANTE 210 from 2014
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:05am
Hey, it's only a little mud, water, & mold. A little elbow grease & some cash & you will have a great Correct Craft! Good luck with your project & keep us posted with pics.
Greg

86 BFN
SKI79PA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKI79PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:34am
HOW DID YOU FIND THE BOAT IN THE WATER. ANY PICS OF THE RECOVERY? LAST SHOT LOOKS GOOD STILL HAS GOOD COLOR
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:37am
Holy Crap what a mess. That will be quite a story when your done. keep at it
rmcdonald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 10:25am
Hi Zack

Keep at it.

I have attached some inspiration.
It took me along time but I love it.

Regards
Rob
Before

After
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 12:31pm
Another thing that might help is Jesus. If you could get him to do for Lazurus II what he did for the first Lazurus, that might be a lot easier than all the work you're planning.

Looks like the kind of project you'll be proud of your whole life. Go for it!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 12:43pm
That'd be one hell of a story, go for it.
Lazarus II View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazarus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 4:20pm
WOW! thanx for all the interest! heres a link to the album of my progress so far. I cant wait to hit the slalom course behind this beast!
The saga of the Lazarus II
Going fast never hurt a soul, its the sudden stops that get ya!!!!!!
79 Ski Nautique
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:07pm
How about this for some inspiration? Just putting the last few finishing touches on it. Stick with it - it will be well worth it when you're finished.

Scott
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 2:58pm
Lazarus II
Zack.......

I would love to contact you regarding some parts on your boat....will you email me or call me? Thanks, Paul (980)581-0006

pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic