NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom trailer hitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 3:24pm
I think it's a great set up/idea wish my stupid state would all something like that.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

My car trailer has a hitch and light setup on the back. I have the opportunity to give it a try this spring possible.

Who you trying to kid that little Mopar couldn't even pull that small boat you picked up without blowing the rear end out.
Or maybe you're stepping up to a big boy truck (Ford) for the above double tow.

I know Paul Effin Dodge
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 5:05pm
I thought Dodge's only came with the hitch up front, for being towed, not out back for towing??
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 5:37pm
I thought I would have to with that one. CQ. Got a new rear end set up by a competent mechanic now so we should be good. It always wined (which i thought was because of the 3.92 gear set) since I've owned it. Turns out it probably had an issue from day one and was excited further by the dingbat over tightening the pinion nut when the recall work was performed. Luckily it went out within the powertrain warranty (which I also think is going to but a new torque converter in it).

weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 5:44pm
If I ever learn how to post pictures I will post my 5th wheel camper and 93 nautique in tandem. Worked great. Was 63.5' from bumper to swimboard so I was cutting it real close being legal. I would have needed a permit to do this in Wisconsin but I did this for local trips to the lake and back 35 miles each way. Can't do it anymore because I went from 22ft 5er to a 34ft. I see people doing it but it is illegal as hell! Way too long!

What I didn't think about at the time was the added tongue weight and sway control. If a person was going to do this much, they really need to have heavy tires under the boat trailer. You are putting more strain on things than what you would think. Also, do you have brakes on the boat trailer that work and work WELL!!??? I never got in a emergency situation, but I would have crapped down both legs if a situation ever presented itself. Just make sure your brakes are in primo condition on the boat trailer!

Safe travels!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

I would have crapped down both legs

Sounds a regular Saturday night, right Zach??

That pic has been posted somewhere on the site, Todd... I remember seeing it. Awesome shot!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I would have crapped down both legs

Sounds a regular Saturday night, right Zach??

Especially when the cows tip the wrong way
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 6:41pm

If I ever learn how to post pictures I will post my 5th wheel camper and 93 nautique in tandem.

I got you covered Sally

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 7:01pm

If I ever learn how to post pictures I will post my 5th wheel camper and 93 nautique in tandem.

Todd!
After 8 years you still haven't figured it out? At least Alan's got you covered. BTW, where have you been?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 7:20pm
Hey Todd (and EVERYONE) -

I came across this in another forum - it is awesome! Automatic web resizing and html markup.... drop onto this web page, copy and paste the resultant code into your post, and viola!

Ya'll check out Photo Web resizing - Posting

The "click to enlarge" functionality works on other forums - not here.

Bookmark this site and use it - it's fantastic and SIMPLE!

Steve
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

I know how to post pics but that's pretty slick. If you can't figure that out there ain't enough F12 in the world...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Steve

Steve,
FYI, I used your link and a warning pops up on my computer stating it's an unsafe site.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 8:04pm
Prior to the most recent site update I would have to resize all my pics. Since then I just upload them as is. I believe the site resizes them for you.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Prior to the most recent site update I would have to resize all my pics. Since then I just upload them as is. I believe the site resizes them for you.

So does photobucket and many here have used it for years. Just set your profile on the site to the size you want.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Steve,
FYI, I used your link and a warning pops up on my computer stating it's an unsafe site.

Pete,
Don't know what to tell ya. Since I don't manage the sites, I can't speak to their safety protocols.

What I can tell you is: the site is a Dropbox site (which is very secure and not malicious).... it is linked to create a weblink through Imgur.com (pronounced Image-er) which is the image host site. Folks have been using Imgur site for picture sharing for years safely. Google Dropbox and Imgur to feel more confident....then change whatever web-safe program is warning you about those sites.

The greatest part about that link is you can post not only .jpgs but also .gif, .png, .bmp, .tiff or .pdf files..... so almost all image formats. My above double trailer image is from the reference section .pdf. It's cool. The only thing I can't figure out is how long the link points to the image..... Months, Years, etc?
Kiteboarder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiteboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 10:26pm
Cove on Lake Ray Roberts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 11:00pm
Thanks porkchop
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 11:03pm

lord knows if this will work but thought I would try.

Pete, I still hang around. My old 93 just keeps tickin so I don't need advise and I am not smart enough to help people either. So I just watch conversation!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2014 at 2:14am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I know how to post pics but that's pretty slick. If you can't figure that out there ain't enough F12 in the world...

hey....I resemble that remark...

nice looking rig Todd...

felt bad for you for awhile Todd..even I know how to post pics..but then I saw you figured it out!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2014 at 4:05pm
Another one from Wakeworld....Says he's from Ft Collins so I'm guessing that's Colorado.

TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2014 at 11:55am
Why does everyone want to tow the camper first?   This was from 2010 which wasn't the first year I had this set up. When I don't take the teardrop camper I put the bar behind the boat and carry a cargo tray with the coolers strapped to it.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2014 at 12:03pm
And we were always told things are bigger in Texas
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic