NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft step pads on EBAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft step pads on EBAY
    Posted: December-08-2007 at 1:03am
I found these on EBAY, they are not mine, I know others have been looking for them, good luck!

EBAY Step Pads
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 10:51am
those are going to get expensive but would be a great pattern for a mold.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 10:59am
The last pair went for $147 IIRC. I made 2 bids on them, but the 1st bidder already has them up pretty high. We'll see what happens in a few days.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 12:30pm
bidding early is not the way to bid it just drives the price up, the thing to do is wait until the sell is almost finished and then keep increasing your bid even if your already the high bidder.

that mean's you don't start bidding until the last few minutes of the auction.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 2:10pm
I'm concerned about the color. They look like copies that someone made using ether a pourable urethane or a rtv. Both will turn yellow with age and sunlight makes it worse. Anyone thinking about "pulling" a mold off a older one and then casting new ones STOP!! I've been through this before. It can be done with black urethanes but not white. The white must be injection molded with a white resin such as Sanoprean. It is possible but the tooling cost may get high but not as high as the zinc die casting mold needed for the CC tags. I'm currently looking into the step pad tooling with our injection plastics division. We are currently running a white UV stabilized overmold for a UPS truck grab handle. I will walk across the street on Monday and see whats going on. We would make some "temp" tooling that has a slow production rate but would hold up for better than a 1000 pieces.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 3:28pm
Pete i am in ,the originals only lasted 43 years, will new tech. be any better?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:24pm
Doc, Chances are good that the originals were made of the Sanoprene I mentioned. It is a synthetic rubber that was developed during WWII when the natural rubber was in short supply. I'm not sure if any improvements have been made in the base resin. I can check on that - what life do you want? 44 years?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:34pm
go to wakejunky.com and make your own pieces to what you want as i did..kick ass stuff, its around 150 for a sheet 2x5 if i remember correctly..check it for what its worth
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:35pm
Pete, I'd be in for 4 of them, too.

My frames are really pitted. About 4 years ago, I found a set of 4 old, but near perfect frames with old and brittle rubbers, in an old tackle box. They were from our old Barracuda. I sold them on ebay for $35 because I wanted someone to have them. That was when I thought I would never have an old CC again. Man, I wished I didn't sell those. I sold them to hemihydro if anyone know's him.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:38pm
KKskischool wants them. $96 on the 1st day with 4 days left to go.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 9:45am
Bruce, I wonder if KKskischool is one of us? Are you going to mention your answer from the seller?

It was Greg (skicat) that got the previous set.
Greg, Do they have yellow tint?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:15am
Seller indicates step pads are remanufactured and not NOS. I did not ask what material they were made of.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:24am
[QUOTE=Riley] gloves QUOTE]

Bruce, I must have gotten you too early in the morning!! I think you mean step pads.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:45am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

[QUOTE=Riley] gloves QUOTE]

Bruce, I must have gotten you too early in the morning!! I think you mean step pads.

Pete, right again!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:46am
I think they look great. They are probable not a bright white. A whole lot better than what I had before! I have no idea what they are made of, but mine stays under cover most of the time & not out in the sun, so I think they will be fine. They are soft & pliable. I guess if you ask, I would have to say they probably would not pass the Pete test of original. I think the seller is actually Midwest Correct Craft or associated with them. You might try them direct to see what they sell for.
Greg

86 BFN
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 11:23am
I bidded on the first set. I'll make my own before I pay that much. I emailed him about what they were made of, he said he didn't know what the originals were made from, but these were of a similar material, which he didn't go into details about. I also asked him if these were NOS or remanufactored, because in the first auction it just said new, he said they are reman. and he's also making the flags.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 1:14pm
Bad news guys! I said I was going to walk over to our plastic injection division this morning to see about molding the step pads. I just got back from finding out they shut it down on Frday. Things haven't been the greatest around here lately as I as well as several others have had pay checks bounce. The plastic end was real slow because so much has been going over to China. At least in the metal stamping side we are seeing dies come back to us. China can't maintain the quality. In the mean time, I've been updating my resume!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 2:48pm
Sorry to hear that, Pete. I hope things turn around for you. In the meantime, I guess partsmanjerry continues to have the market cornered.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2007 at 6:55pm
Sold for $140.50
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2007 at 7:33pm
At 35.12 per pad I find that a little too pricey for my blood...........
But what do I know, who spends 2000.00 for manifolds on a hundred dollar boat??????????????????
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2007 at 7:46pm
I do too, but if my boat had everything else completed...right now the old pads look good on it.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 2:06am

I will walk across the street on Monday and see whats going on. We would make some "temp" tooling that has a slow production rate but would hold up for better than a 1000 pieces.

Pete , What did you find out ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 7:22am
Pat, you missed my post on what I found out. It's above 6 posts.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 8:34pm
Sorry Pete I was in a hurry and didnt pay attention . Also sorry to hear about your work . I hope your resume works out . Good luck .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Sold for $140.50

I bet the winner feels at least a little silly now that MWCC is selling 10 sets at $125 each.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Sold for $140.50

I bet the winner feels at least a little silly now that MWCC is selling 10 sets at $125 each.

Wait until he gets them and finds out they aren't really white! Or worse yet when they turn yellow out in the sun!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 9:44pm
How yellow? I am really tempted.
1969cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 10:24pm
8122pbrainard

Did you mean that Midwest Correct Craft is selling 10 sets of step pads?

1969cc
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 10:56pm
Fred, Here is the link to the pads on Ebay:
step pads
The seller is thought by some to be with Midwest Correct Craft.

Bruce, I have a funny feeling that they are as yellow as shown in the picture. I would think that if he had a better picture that he would have posted it. The answer I got was that "the color isn't really a true white"!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 1:27pm

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Sold for $140.50

Wait until he gets them and finds out they aren't really white! Or worse yet when they turn yellow out in the sun!

Actually I don't feel silly at all. I knew what color they were when I bought them since I already have a set of them. What I paid was only $15 more for the set of 4. I don't think I will lose too much sleep over that! Heck I might just buy all 10 sets & stock pile them so I can replace them when they turn yellow!
Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic