Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9155
Printed Date: June-07-2024 at 2:04pm

Topic: Correct Craft step pads on EBAY
Posted By: 65 'cuda
Subject: Correct Craft step pads on EBAY
Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 1:03am
I found these on EBAY, they are not mine, I know others have been looking for them, good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Correct-Craft-white-step-pads-NEW_W0QQitemZ330195902643QQihZ014QQcategoryZ26451QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem - EBAY Step Pads

-------------
Gary

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=941" rel="nofollow - 1965 Barracuda SS

Replies:
Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 10:51am
those are going to get expensive but would be a great pattern for a mold.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 10:59am
The last pair went for $147 IIRC. I made 2 bids on them, but the 1st bidder already has them up pretty high. We'll see what happens in a few days.

-------------

Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 12:30pm
bidding early is not the way to bid it just drives the price up, the thing to do is wait until the sell is almost finished and then keep increasing your bid even if your already the high bidder.

that mean's you don't start bidding until the last few minutes of the auction.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 2:10pm
I'm concerned about the color. They look like copies that someone made using ether a pourable urethane or a rtv. Both will turn yellow with age and sunlight makes it worse. Anyone thinking about "pulling" a mold off a older one and then casting new ones STOP!! I've been through this before. It can be done with black urethanes but not white. The white must be injection molded with a white resin such as Sanoprean. It is possible but the tooling cost may get high but not as high as the zinc die casting mold needed for the CC tags. I'm currently looking into the step pad tooling with our injection plastics division. We are currently running a white UV stabilized overmold for a UPS truck grab handle. I will walk across the street on Monday and see whats going on. We would make some "temp" tooling that has a slow production rate but would hold up for better than a 1000 pieces.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 3:28pm
Pete i am in ,the originals only lasted 43 years, will new tech. be any better?

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:24pm
Doc, Chances are good that the originals were made of the Sanoprene I mentioned. It is a synthetic rubber that was developed during WWII when the natural rubber was in short supply. I'm not sure if any improvements have been made in the base resin. I can check on that - what life do you want? 44 years?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:34pm
go to wakejunky.com and make your own pieces to what you want as i did..kick ass stuff, its around 150 for a sheet 2x5 if i remember correctly..check it for what its worth

Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:35pm
Pete, I'd be in for 4 of them, too.

My frames are really pitted. About 4 years ago, I found a set of 4 old, but near perfect frames with old and brittle rubbers, in an old tackle box. They were from our old Barracuda. I sold them on ebay for $35 because I wanted someone to have them. That was when I thought I would never have an old CC again. Man, I wished I didn't sell those. I sold them to hemihydro if anyone know's him.

-------------

Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:38pm
KKskischool wants them. $96 on the 1st day with 4 days left to go.

-------------

Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 9:45am
Bruce, I wonder if KKskischool is one of us? Are you going to mention your answer from the seller?

It was Greg (skicat) that got the previous set.
Greg, Do they have yellow tint?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:15am
Seller indicates step pads are remanufactured and not NOS. I did not ask what material they were made of.

-------------

Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:24am
[QUOTE=Riley] gloves QUOTE]

Bruce, I must have gotten you too early in the morning!! I think you mean step pads.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:45am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

[QUOTE=Riley] gloves QUOTE]

Bruce, I must have gotten you too early in the morning!! I think you mean step pads.

Pete, right again!

-------------

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:46am
I think they look great. They are probable not a bright white. A whole lot better than what I had before! I have no idea what they are made of, but mine stays under cover most of the time & not out in the sun, so I think they will be fine. They are soft & pliable. I guess if you ask, I would have to say they probably would not pass the Pete test of original. I think the seller is actually Midwest Correct Craft or associated with them. You might try them direct to see what they sell for.

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 11:23am
I bidded on the first set. I'll make my own before I pay that much. I emailed him about what they were made of, he said he didn't know what the originals were made from, but these were of a similar material, which he didn't go into details about. I also asked him if these were NOS or remanufactored, because in the first auction it just said new, he said they are reman. and he's also making the flags.

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 1:14pm
Bad news guys! I said I was going to walk over to our plastic injection division this morning to see about molding the step pads. I just got back from finding out they shut it down on Frday. Things haven't been the greatest around here lately as I as well as several others have had pay checks bounce. The plastic end was real slow because so much has been going over to China. At least in the metal stamping side we are seeing dies come back to us. China can't maintain the quality. In the mean time, I've been updating my resume!!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-10-2007 at 2:48pm
Sorry to hear that, Pete. I hope things turn around for you. In the meantime, I guess partsmanjerry continues to have the market cornered.

-------------

Date Posted: December-13-2007 at 6:55pm
Sold for $140.50

-------------

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: December-13-2007 at 7:33pm
At 35.12 per pad I find that a little too pricey for my blood...........
But what do I know, who spends 2000.00 for manifolds on a hundred dollar boat??????????????????

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Date Posted: December-13-2007 at 7:46pm
I do too, but if my boat had everything else completed...right now the old pads look good on it.

-------------

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 2:06am

I will walk across the street on Monday and see whats going on. We would make some "temp" tooling that has a slow production rate but would hold up for better than a 1000 pieces.

Pete , What did you find out ?

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 7:22am
Pat, you missed my post on what I found out. It's above 6 posts.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 8:34pm
Sorry Pete I was in a hurry and didnt pay attention . Also sorry to hear about your work . I hope your resume works out . Good luck .

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Sold for $140.50

I bet the winner feels at least a little silly now that MWCC is selling 10 sets at $125 each.

-------------

Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Sold for $140.50

I bet the winner feels at least a little silly now that MWCC is selling 10 sets at $125 each.

Wait until he gets them and finds out they aren't really white! Or worse yet when they turn yellow out in the sun!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 9:44pm
How yellow? I am really tempted.

-------------

Posted By: 1969cc
Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 10:24pm
8122pbrainard

Did you mean that Midwest Correct Craft is selling 10 sets of step pads?

1969cc

Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 10:56pm
Fred, Here is the link to the pads on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Correct-Craft-white-step-pads-NEW_W0QQitemZ330197972677QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330197972677 - step pads
The seller is thought by some to be with Midwest Correct Craft.

Bruce, I have a funny feeling that they are as yellow as shown in the picture. I would think that if he had a better picture that he would have posted it. The answer I got was that "the color isn't really a true white"!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 1:27pm

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Sold for $140.50

Wait until he gets them and finds out they aren't really white! Or worse yet when they turn yellow out in the sun!

Actually I don't feel silly at all. I knew what color they were when I bought them since I already have a set of them. What I paid was only $15 more for the set of 4. I don't think I will lose too much sleep over that! Heck I might just buy all 10 sets & stock pile them so I can replace them when they turn yellow!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 2:35pm
I'm not so sure he's from MWCC, he lives close by he says and could meet me there so who knows if he works there or not but i don't think so be his e-mail responses

-------------

Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I'm not so sure he's from MWCC, he lives close by he says and could meet me there so who knows if he works there or not but i don't think so be his e-mail responses

Id be surprised if he didnt work there. If you check out all his auctions you'll notice he sells Nautique stuff pretty much exclusively. Clothing, trailer guide pads etc. All stuff looks to be genuine.

-------------

Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 3:55pm
I don't have any doubts about this being MWCC. The email address I have for payments is ______ @nautique.com. Go to the internet & type in nautique.com.

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 5:22pm
well then he play's it off like he's not. I thought Pete kinda slammed the penets he was selling. With the email address it has to be an employee now the question is are they hot parts or legit.

-------------

Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 7:27pm
Chris, I actually emailed partsmanjerry through ebay regarding the pennant/burgee debate. I used some wording to see if he is part of MWCC. His answer didn't reveal anything!! This is copied and pasted from my sent message to him:

"partsmanjerry, This item is not a pennant. It is a burgee! You need to get your boat item names straight. A pennant has one point on the "tail". A burgee like this one has two. It seems that you haven't been around boats very much. If Midwest Correct Craft is in your area, you should stop in over there and check with them. On second thought, they probably wouldn't know the proper terms ether. Good luck with the sale, Pete - proud owner of 54 and 77 Correct Craft's"

Chris, you're probably correct that they are hot parts out the back door at MWCC or he's been dumpster diving! My slam on the BURGEE was that the graphics they used were not correct.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 7:33pm
So skicat won both sets?

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: December-15-2007 at 8:58pm
Pete I e-mailed the guy too a couple of times actually, the first time he said what county he was in then I throw back, I've been to MWCC and he says that he lives pretty close and can met me there and asked if I'm bringing cash. The pay-pal says it all though for me. Guess you just need to call MWCC and ask for Jerry, isn't that who replaced Dennis anyway?

-------------

Posted By: Kevin's '79
Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 12:28am
I have spoken with Bruce at MWCC a couple of times and ask him if he knew "partsmanjerry". He told me he was not aware of any employee there that would be selling these items. He also told me he was curious and would have to look into it. I don't know what if anything came of it.

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 9:51am
Chris, Sounds more and more like we have a dumpster diver or Jerry is getting stuff out the back door from someone else! Maybe it's Bruce! It wouldn't be very smart to get stuff from work, sell it on ebay and use your real name! I've never had a need for, nor thought very highly of MWCC so I don't know anyone there. Back in the 70's when I was at Watercraft Sales, we were going direct to the factory. I think it's the same now (at least for boats) as Watercraft does all it's own factory blemish work so new boats do not stop there. Our ski club/team used to get a lease/promo boat from MWCC. If I was corporate, I would have been ashamed of the boats they would lease us. They certainly were not promo boats!! They looked like they had been over Niagara falls - twice plus we could barely keep them running. One I remember used as much oil as gas! Picture a 5 year old boat thats been leased to ski clubs for 5 years.
What did you do to PayPal?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 10:37am
I dealt with Dennis before he left and got really good service from him granted I was only buying parts, expensive parts that is, but original replacements.

-------------

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 12:36pm

Chris, Sounds more and more like we have a dumpster diver or Jerry is getting stuff out the back door from someone else! Maybe it's Bruce! It wouldn't be very smart to get stuff from work, sell it on ebay and use your real name! I've never had a need for, nor thought very highly of MWCC so I don't know anyone there. Back in the 70's when I was at Watercraft Sales, we were going direct to the factory. I think it's the same now (at least for boats) as Watercraft does all it's own factory blemish work so new boats do not stop there. Our ski club/team used to get a lease/promo boat from MWCC. If I was corporate, I would have been ashamed of the boats they would lease us. They certainly were not promo boats!! They looked like they had been over Niagara falls - twice plus we could barely keep them running. One I remember used as much oil as gas! Picture a 5 year old boat thats been leased to ski clubs for 5 years.
What did you do to PayPal?

Pete, You can really wander around some times. How does something a dealer did in the seventies relate to rubber step pads 3 decades later? Pick up the phone and call Bruce Foutz, if anyone knows whether something fishy is going on it will be him. Bruce single handedly has helped out this website more than any other person at CC so lets get some facts before throwing anyone under the bus.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 12:52pm
I hate when that bus comes down the street?!!?

I saw this morning where jerry is selling nautique guide pole pads or whatever they're called. I'd like to have a set of those, but not if they 'fell off a truck'.

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 1:27pm
When it comes down to it, does it really matter who "Jerry" is. If you want the pads, buy them. They work great for my application & I am happy with my deals with this mystery person. They fit the original frames & are 150% better than what I had. If they are not up to your standards, pass on the deal. I looked at mine again last night & I am .

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 1:58pm
They're remanufactured, so how'd they fall off the truck? I haven't seen anyone else selling them.

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 2:07pm

They're remanufactured, so how'd they fall off the truck? I haven't seen anyone else selling them.

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I only made a statement.

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I only made a statement.

BBFN, Wasn't trying to say you were. I guess this topic is getting to be a little sensitive. I'm glad partsmanjerry is selling CC stuff even though it MIGHT not be as good quality as some may like. There aren't many options out there for us.

-------------

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 2:39pm

Im guessing MWCC (or whoever is now selling them) bought the ones that someone remanufactured from Santoprene a few years ago. Check out http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2163 - this old thread.

-------------

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 2:47pm
Guys, Alan is absolutely correct that I got to rambling and something that happened 30 years ago has nothing to do with MWCC today.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 4:02pm
Pete, Give Bruce a call someday and talk to him, he is an encyclopedia of CorrectCraft and you'd enjoy the conversation. If he knows anything about this not being legit he will tell you about it.

It is a little odd that partsmanjerry has quite a few other CC items for sale also. He may have found himself a little niche market for hard to find items, his guide pole covers sell like they're made of gold.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Date Posted: December-16-2007 at 5:07pm
Alan, I will give Bruce a call someday.

Getting back to the pads, if these pads are coming from the same source as the ones in the previous thread (link provided by Tim) and UV stabilized Sanoprene then they are the same as original.

I just noticed that the ebay seller has added a picture showing they are white.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window