NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft since 1925 graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft since 1925 graphics
    Posted: March-16-2007 at 5:09am
This is the jpg. image of the CAD graphics that I had made for the resized decals. I have it in the .ai and .eps formats. Since ether of these are universal formats, they can be used on any CAD programed equipment such as printers or embroiderers. If anyone is interested in having T shirts or jackets printed or embroidered or banners of any size made, get in touch with me. Both formats are vector plotted so they can be resized without any loss in detail. I know to some of the younger group the graphics may seem "dated" but to the older group like myself it is "classic" !!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 7:28am
Hey Alan,
Scrren print that across the whole back of the reunion shirt with the sponsors names around it???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 7:49am
That'd be a sweet shirt, blown up big across the back. I'd probably buy one... but would that be one of those copyright infringements that we talk about on here so much?

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 7:59am
The copyright thing did cross my mind. Does anyone know for sure? The original decal didn't have the little R in a circle on it so the word I got from my sign guy was I really didn't have to worry about it. Is Correct Craft really going to be concerned about it since it really is a advertisement for them? Does Garzon studios (the printer of the small "since" decal) have a agreement?

Someone in this group must be a lawyer. Any comments?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Hey Alan,
Scrren print that across the whole back of the reunion shirt with the sponsors names around it???

Moj'

Reunion shirts??? Crap, I better get moving huh? I'll have to go put a little pressure on my designer and see what he's got for us. Gave him a few good ideas but I think it's time for a little of that subtle pressure I so enjoy dishing out.

In the meantime, Pete could you e-mail me that vector file please? email We'll see if we can work it into the back design.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:10am
Hahaha, I love pressure play's Alan... Not to put anymore undo strain on ya ol buddy, but maybe you can take this graphic and take out the 1925 and put in the 2007 and be done with it, Once you change the original artwork there shouldn't be any infrigments on copywrites or registers... Put the CCFan logo over the left or right chest in front with a Green Lake 07' under it and you're done.... Simple, not to many colors and we're done...???

Dave..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:32am
I'd be carefull throwing out any CAD system can use the .ai & .eps. Photoshop and other graphic design software are not CAD software to start with.

CAD software's heavy hitters are Catia, Unigraphics, Pro-Engineer, autocad inventor and autocad and some others as well and for the 20 yrs I've used CAD never seen .ai or .eps extensons on any output or input file types ever used for anything.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Hahaha, I love pressure play's Alan... Not to put anymore undo strain on ya ol buddy, but maybe you can take this graphic and take out the 1925 and put in the 2007 and be done with it, Once you change the original artwork there shouldn't be any infrigments on copywrites or registers... Put the CCFan logo over the left or right chest in front with a Green Lake 07' under it and you're done.... Simple, not to many colors and we're done...???

Dave..

Now that would be way too easy, anyway, my designer got a raise yesterday and I want my moneys worth
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:40am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The copyright thing did cross my mind. Does anyone know for sure? The original decal didn't have the little R in a circle on it so the word I got from my sign guy was I really didn't have to worry about it. Is Correct Craft really going to be concerned about it since it really is a advertisement for them? Does Garzon studios (the printer of the small "since" decal) have a agreement?

Someone in this group must be a lawyer. Any comments?

Better to ask forgiveness, rather than permission. They're just going to a small group of people, not like they're going to be sold at Walmart, or being sold for profit. I'd just do it, and not mention the CW words again.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:45am
OK 79, now you know that I am certainly not a computer geek of any kind, don't know what the hell I'm talking about and still hunt and peck on this stupid keyboard. I just thought the stuff could be usefull to someone no matter what the hell you call it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:49am

Now that would be way too easy, anyway, my designer got a raise yesterday and I want my moneys worth [/QUOTE]

Hahaha, yep very easy, but I do know about people earning their keep.. I've got one right now about to get the cane,,,

Make some shirts with that logo on it anyway, I'll buy one...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 8:56am
Chris,

This is great! You are wrong, at least about AutoCAD, you can bring .eps (which I believe is something to do with postscript) files in or out, not sure about the other extension.

Bring it!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 9:08am
I'd be willing to bet that since Pete was dealing with a sign graphic guy that he was really meaning to refer to Vector Graphics programs like Coreldraw, Illustrator, or most sign plotting software. All of which use some form of postscript be it .eps, .ai or a native format like .cdr.

I think the reference to CAD software is not really what was meant, but the intention was good. Any real GRAPHICS program can import/export .eps files. Don't know squat about the CAD stuff so couldn't say.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 9:21am
Quinner and 81, Thanks for the input as I do try to learn this stuff as it gets thrown at me. I still use my drafting board, straight edge, pencil and eraser just to my left here in my office!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 9:37am
What would be the differnece between a 2D CAD program and Vector Graphics type program?

I would love to see that logo embroidered huge on the back of satin jacket. Maybe I just love shiney quilted jackets?

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 10:09am
I think I want to get that sticker tatooed on my a$$!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 10:34am
Quinner I wouldn't concider AutoCAD a real CAD system to start with and that is the one system I have used very little it's mainly a 2-D package and piss poor at that that's why it's so cheap. I know I haven't seeen any solid modeling CAD package with those extensions ever, but might be used on the visual editor module of UG that makes pretty pictures that usually are not printed but exported visual files for presentations.

Allen graphics files are completely different than CAD files.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 10:40am
Chris, in the above post,I have only one question...................
What did that mean???????????
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 10:50am
Doc not sure what your getting at but mainly just pointng out that CAD ( Computer Aided Drafting) is not the same as what would be used for graphics files or graphic design. Which is what you see or use to create designs/pictures/graphics on a t-shirt, bill boards, magazines, sign boards and such.

CAD is what is used to create 3-D solid models to down load to CNC equipment to generate tool paths to make parts, to create technical drawings/blue prints, to create prototype parts using sla, sls and a several other machines to represent a finsihed part you can hold in your hand not for making pretty pictures to print.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 10:58am
Doc, I'm trying to get it straight too. Sounds like you don't use the aide of a computer to design graphics. It's got to be something with our age!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What would be the differnece between a 2D CAD program and Vector Graphics type program?

I would love to see that logo embroidered huge on the back of satin jacket. Maybe I just love shiney quilted jackets?

And what, wear plain shorts to go with it??? Yep, can't wait to see the chick sprint out of site with you in that get-up in GL. OMG, come on dude....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 11:22am
Chris, the point I was trying to make is this.I can follow along on almost any topic,have a little knowledge of a lot of things,mechanical,electrical, political, even boat things.But I did not have a clue what ya'll were talking about ,understood CAD,computer aided drafting,,,,, then I was in DUMMY MODE.
Sorry for my stupidity,just laughing at Billy.............boat dr
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 11:28am
8122, Age has everything to do with it,
Do you rember the IBM joke,
The tech says to the lady" put it back in the box and send it back to us,you are too dumb to own one"
This speaks volumes about me.........LOL
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Allen graphics files are completely different than CAD files.

I understand that fully. I was trying to make a point that Pete was really refering to graphic files extensions that are associated to vector graphics programs not CAD programs. Two completely different animals. I don't think most people understand there's a difference, it's like customers sending me artwork is a raster format to use for line drawings in tee shirt art. Waste of my time but the next best thing they have after that is the original sketch on the back of a napkin. Oh well, I gotta go bust some balls and see where my reunion design is dammit.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 12:44pm
Alan, I emailed you asking which format you want it in. This time I'm letting you tell me what you want so I don't open up my mouth again and get in trouble with things I'm not well versed in!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 12:51pm
Shirts for reunions. One for everybody. That way we won't need those "Hi, My name is ________" sticky badges.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 1:00pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 1:31pm
You would have the bright pink one wouldn't you hollywood?

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

You would have the bright pink one wouldn't you hollywood?

Nate

try reading the name on the back of the shirt, I believe it is for Ken, not kevin,

The name on the back would be nice but it would also be a ton of more work and alot more expensive to do as well.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 2:25pm
riiiight... haha yeah turns out... im an idiot. Is it friday yet? YES IT IS!! & only an hr & 1/2 to go!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic