NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jbears 351

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:31pm
This is an awesome thread. It's great seeing all the pictures and all the work you guys did. It's even more inspiring to hear how you seem to enjoy each other's company and all the comraderie that comes from such an event. That's what makes this site so good. I'm glad to be a part of it. I hope I can make it to GL to actually meet some of you folks.

All the best to all of you. Jbear, you deserved this. It's great to see you on the receiving end--you've given so much to this group. All the best to all of you!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:36pm
JMurph, No, I'll be out in Washington, NC, which is just 20-30 minutes from Andy's (Waterdog) home. Trying to hook him up with a used set of exhaust manifolds to test on his new boat which has bad ones. Whirlwind trip.

In two more weeks we're headed back to Fla to pick up the new-to-us/used camper and haul it further south to Key West. This will also be our digs at GL.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:59pm
Guys: We are on then for Sunday. I should be at Lake Shipp by 1pm. Eddie you where that is. We'll be out for the afternoon but whenever you need to go back to the dock I'll drop ya. Bring your lite if you will please.

79: Shipp is the lake where the resturant where me you and Monique had lunch. Come over the same way you did last week but turn left at rt17 where 540 ends. Go up to the big Citgo where we met and turn left. Go over the tracks and turn right. Pa$$ the Harborside and the boat ramp is just up on your left. Think I showed it to you. I do not have the stater yet but will try to get to Advance tomorrow. We are gonna have to rig up those breather lines as well.

MM; Hell ya bring your boat. You can map quest me or call on the phone tomorrow (thrusday) nite. I would call you but I deleted your number again...senior moment. Can Blondie and Keith come?

Reid: You'll recieve the first cell call.

Gosh I hope that covers it.

john

Ps to Reid: Should I just pitch this old stuff in the dumpster?

Double Ps to Reid: You are gonna be back down here in 2 weeks? Cool. Gonna pick up that '70 from south of me? Gonna be able to visit? Wish I could hold off on the water test but I can't wait.

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 11:24pm
Tim: Are ya saying I should get Autolite 764? I am not sure what the guys mean "to hot"

Dude: Get to GL. The chance to meet some people from here, like I have been lucky to do, will definatly be your pleasure! Wish I could be there to meet ya, but sadly I cannot make it AGAIN.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:55am
Just to clarify here- 79 is flying down to Florida, twice, to help John with his engine?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 7:29am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Tim: Are ya saying I should get Autolite 764? I am not sure what the guys mean "to hot"

Yup, you want the Autolite 764's for those new heads. Thats what Im running on my GT40p's.
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:03am
John,
Looks nice!! Must be nice to be retired and have a fist full of money to drop!! (I'm sure you deserve it.)

Glen
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:18am
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

This is an awesome thread. It's great seeing all the pictures and all the work you guys did. It's even more inspiring to hear how you seem to enjoy each other's company and all the comraderie that comes from such an event. That's what makes this site so good. I'm glad to be a part of it. I hope I can make it to GL to actually meet some of you folks.

All the best to all of you. Jbear, you deserved this. It's great to see you on the receiving end--you've given so much to this group. All the best to all of you!

Dude, nice props to everyone on the board.. I really hope you can make GL this July.. We will have members from all over the country attending this great weekend event.. If you need any questions or need help or advise about the area, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.. (That goes for anyone else thinking about going).. Watch for the registration page to be posted soon for more details..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:50am
Regarding the spark plugs, as long as the auto parts store gave us the right ones, they are the 764s which were installed, as they were ordered specifically for a "'97-'01 Explorer". The Autolite book also stated that this was the preferred plug for an "Ultra High Perf Correct Craft Shade Tree Marine" engine.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:39am
aren't the 764's the resistor version of the 24's, with the points ignition wouldn't 24's or 25"s be better?

John I'll call if I get lost. First thing to be fixed is the hose to the suction side of the RWP, they choke stat and then the hose's. Did Keith hook you up with the right size hose for the breather or do we need some? If you want I can get the choke stat for you and bring it got plenty of time on my hands.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:48am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

aren't the 764's the resistor version of the 24's, with the points ignition wouldn't 24's or 25"s be better?

Im far from a plug expert, but the plug recommendations Ive gotten have been based purely on the heads and not the ignition system. As far as I know, the 24's are the recommended plug for the standard 240 hp heads whether used with points or EI. I know they worked fine for me with the Prestolite/EI conversion. They also worked fine with my DUI- I just opened up the gap per their instuctions.

SkiDIM/PCM recommend the 764's for all boats with the GT40 heads. They also cross reference to the 93 Mustang Cobra (GT40 heads) and 97+ 5.0 Explorer/Mountaineer (GT40p heads). Granted, all those run EI. They should still run fine on points, I would think.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 10:16am
25's, 764 or xp104's will all work
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 11:59am
The 24's /25's will not thread into gt40p heads, they have a different plug seat configuration . Do not try to force them to get the plug started, you could damage the threads on the heads. The plugs are not inter-changable from one head style to the other.
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 5:05pm
John,
   Lookin' nice!! I have to agree that the rear decal is looking a little rough. So unlike you to allow that!!

Glen
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:18pm
Chris: I do not have the correct size for the breather hose. I also do not have an Advanced Auto parts close enough to get to while I am working. So if you wanna go ahead and pick up the stat that would be cool. I am totally confused as to the plugs. We might have the correct ones in if I am reading Reid correctly. I can't just pull one to check as the boat is not at home. Then I am thinking we might have the wrong ones from the sound of Alan's post. Remember Eddie had a hard time cranking in the one side (imagine Eddie having a hard time crankin' on something!" so maybe we do have the wrong ones.

Hey Glen: It is nice to be retired and have friends that will help you by spending whole Saturday on your boat at the drop of a hat. Don't know about the money, ya never have enough. I am not feeling to good about the stern or the rest of the graphics for that matter.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:33pm
John, I think that they are the right plugs. The threads were corroded and thats why I had trouble getting the plugs in. We used a thread chaser to clean them out and plugs went in real nice then.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:36pm
the threading issue was the paint, Ed chased the threads and then they went in easy from what I remembered. We can but a piece of tape over the breather for the day if needed. I need to measure the breathers tube to get the right size hose. If you still have the box the valve covers came in check and see if it states what hose size is for the breather and I'll grap a piece of hose for it.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:43pm
If we need to, there is a West Marine five minutes from the launch. I'm sure that they would have the right hose. I'm not sure if they're open on Sun. If I think about it I'll call them tomorrow to check.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:49pm
the hose isn't a big deal. I'll bring my belt sander and that should take care of modify the flame arrestor. Let's see what john comes up with first.

John did you get those from summit it might be listed in the descripetion what size hose it takes.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:53pm
I am talking to MM on the phone right now. He and his bro and Blondie are coming over on Sunday with his boat. We are gonna have some fun again.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:55pm
you got the ford racing covers right john?

just checked summit and it's a 5/8" hose so I'll pick up a piece of it along with the choke stat tomorrow.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:19pm
Correct on the covers.

Pick up what we need and put it on my tab.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:41pm
I dont move my boat on the road more then 1/2 mile to the ramp and back, so I guess I will need to go get my new tag and sticker, its been expired since october!   
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:45pm
just tell them your selling it and they will leave you alone so long as they don't keep catching driving on an expired tag.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:47pm
Yeah...thats a good one!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:50pm
Take the plate off Keith's boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:51pm
works here, especially if you have someone else with you that you can say is test driving the boat because they are buying. That's why I keep a for sale sing with me at all times. Just for times like this. I don't try to get away with things but sometimes you don't know your going to do something until you do it and and the DMV isn't open on the week ends.

Plus we have trailer plates for life now, pay once and it is good as long as you have the trailer.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 10:48pm

you got the ford racing covers right john?

just checked summit and it's a 5/8" hose so I'll pick up a piece of it along with the choke stat tomorrow.

Chris, I bought the same covers john did and I just measured the breather tube. You would need a 1/2" ID hose, does that mean a 5/8 OD would work ? Dunno. Unless it came with a different breather. Hose is cheap, I'd buy a length of each. Just use the spare hose to make beer bong.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 10:32am
I just looked at the instruction sheet on summit and two listing said 5/8" hose doesn't have to be really tight it's just a vent, but I'll pick up both it's cheap no longer than we'll need. Isn't the tube on the arrestors 5/8"?

Thanks for the input Allan.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 10:55am

I just looked at the instruction sheet on summit and two listing said 5/8" hose doesn't have to be really tight it's just a vent, but I'll pick up both it's cheap no longer than we'll need. Isn't the tube on the arrestors 5/8"?

Thanks for the input Allan.

I think so- the 5/8" fitting on the arrestor seems to be standard. I want to say the breather on my new Ford Racing valve covers is smaller- probably 1/2" like Alan said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
  Share Topic