Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buckethead 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
Author
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 6:11pm
57.4 is max without footer and no modes to engine or computer
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 6:28pm
Is it 54.7 or 57.4?

I thought he said 57 no footer 55 with footer. "lost 2 mph"

Either way, we are not catching them, but have decided to push our speeds up to 45 mph.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 6:32pm
They couldn't get much over 53 Saturday with a footer but during testing in Texas they got 54.7 with a footer and 57.4 without a footer. Heath thinks it can do better. James hit 57.? Saturday with Wayne King in tow. I have been in that boat over 60 and is a tad scary.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 6:33pm
I have his gps pictures lol
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 7:10pm
Don't forget to add the current in, ha. I saw a 1-2mile current on Sat, GPS vs pitot.

I would expect a boat like that Sanger to lose more speed with a footer and a boat full of guys than Braggs boat. Big difference in hp and hull. I look forward to the day when our boat is what's holding us back.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 7:15pm
I enjoy skin left on my feet lol
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 7:28pm
I'll guess the rules prevent a butt slide rest and that's self policed?

Is the expectation that you deep water and then stand as quickly as possible?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 7:31pm
Self policed 10 sec on butt and no butt check during run
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Way to go gun-driver on his first LL foot run! That is a major accomplishment.

that's what's up. nice job Paul
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 10:15pm
Yes Paul That was Awesome!   

Special Thanks to Brad for great driving and coaching on bacard's barefootin' for Sebastian and myself. Also for driving the double runs with the Buckethead and myself.

Joe did a great footin', and keeping the team in order during Sunday Funday.

I was so proud of my nephew Lance for his first long line runs in 7 years. We went again tonight to stretch those sore muscles while putting the BFN back into home slip.

Sabastian (Fireball) , thanks for all the great photos! What great memories you captured!

Hope everyone made it home safely. It's a real bummer that this won't happen for another 364 days!    

Hope more can make it next year!    

I will post my Videos when I get time,
Pirate Steve

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by 86BFN 86BFN wrote:

Sabastian (Fireball)

Carefull there or HW will change my screen name to Fireball...

Lance did very well and looks like he recovered from the injury quite well!

Gents, I'll send a CD with pics to Pirate Steve (HW if you change my name, make sure to change Steve's as well) and send it to him via stage coach. If the deep rudders want a copy, pm me your adr and I'll do ot before the move
1994 Sport Nautique
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2015 at 10:34pm
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:36am
This deep rudder is exhausted!
What a race, what a weekend.

Thanks everyone for the pulls, beers, eats, hospitality and everything else that contributed to one hell of barefoot waterski centered weekend.

As always it was great to put a face with the name, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.

It was truly an honor to be a part of this team and this event.

Looking forward to doing it again next year.

-Brad
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:49am
What a blast! The race was incredible, but the added bonus of finally meeting some of you guys made the weekend great. I have to apologize for not sticking around for Sunday's fun (had lots of fun Saturday night), but one of my team members went home on Saturday, including my main horse and boat launcher Brendan (waterskier2007), so I headed home Sunday morning around 9:00.
After reading the chatter on this thread, I think the race did not disappoint. Zach's description described the race very well. I've always said the start of a barefoot race is one of the most exciting events to see. And with (12) boats, freakin' nuts. I can't wait until the arial videos are produced. There were at least (4) drones that shot video. The production company said it my take up to 2 weeks to piece together. As soon as it's posted, I'll for sure post the link. For you Facebookers, check out Muddy Maumee. They are the ones who brought the arial video crew to the race.
Again, great to meet you guys. Next year will be bigger and better that ever. I will for sure bring the '85 along.
Steve (aka, Steve the Pirate) aren't you glad you were on the river Saturday? Very cool seeing you, Lance, and the '86 out there, cheering all the CC's.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:57am
I am glad I started this post. We talked but never got the time to line up the BFN's for a picture alone. This must be done next year and if tullfooter brings his 85 and my team member brings his 85 along with all the ones owned in the area well have ton of them!
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 2:00am
Hey guys if you are able to help great if not continued prayers are appreciated. They have set up a gofundme account the help with Ben Morgan's medical bills and loss of wages there going to occur. you can go to the buckethead barefoot endurance race 2015 or I believe the bhbarefoot.com to click on the gofundme link or at www.gofundme.com/xj34srmg and this should open it right up to them as well. Thanks and pass it on. Pat
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 8:46am
Originally posted by pfelgner pfelgner wrote:

We talked but never got the time to line up the BFN's for a picture alone. This must be done next year!

Pat, I concur !     

and thanks for the link to Ben's GoFundMe page! Done.

Please Help Ben Morgan and his Family

-Steve the Pirate
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 10:45am
Just got the following update from Brian (aka Buckethead)

Ben is doing well but unfortunately he's got a long road ahead of him. So far he has had 2 surgeries and is scheduled for another this Thursday at 5:30. I know there will be at least one more after that so I don't know that he will be out of the hospital anytime soon. I'm going to Fort Wayne today so I'm going to stop in and see him. I'll tell him youre thinking of him and will let you know how he's doing.

We are in the process of getting some fundraisers going. You may have already seen the gofundme that was set up. Audra's parents did this yesterday. We are also launching today a special Buckethead apparel sale starting with the sweatshirts. All the proceeds will be donated directly to Ben and Audra to help cover their medical expenses and life expenses as he is going to miss a good chunk of work. If you can spread the word on CCF to go to our website after this evening it would be greatly appreciated. (we are waiting on the web designer to finalize) Our website will have the apparel fundraiser as well as a link to their gofundme page.

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 10:59am
For those of you who don't know what happened to Ben, He was sitting on the gunnel of the boat near the observer seat, when the boat turned right, near the area of the turn-around boat, and he fell over the side.   He went under the boat, the prop cut his leg at the shin, and he surfaced on the other side of the boat. Needless to say, even with the serious injury, he was very fortunate. The prop took off part of the bone, which was not able to be reattached.
If you look at many of the photos of the race, you will see multiple shots showing guys either sitting on the side of the boat, or even standing. We all need to be better at policing our teammates. We use two drivers, myself, and my son Brendan. We had a teammate fall out of the boat during a race a few years ago, so I am constantly harping on our guys to keep their butts below the side of the boat. Let's all learn from this.

I just got off the phone with Brian (aka Buckethead). He told me that Ben is going to be in the hospital for a longer stretch than initially expected. He has had two surgeries, and is scheduled for a third on Thursday. After that, the course of action is not yet laid out. One of the other complications is that Ben has had issues with staff infections. That complicates the surgeries, and makes the healing process more difficult. He has a vacuum device on the wound to keep negative pressure to fight infection. I would post the photos, but I think it's a little rough for some to see.
There is the gofundme link, and there will also be an apparel sale. Jason Doherty has offered to produce special apparel based on a Ben Morgan theme. I will posts links as soon as they are up.   
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:25am
No, I did not cut and paste Steve the Pirates post. I'm just a slow poster.
I know the web developer (my son Brendan) is working to get the apparel sale process up and running. I (or the other Steve) will post as soon as it happens.
For those of you who don't know Ben. He is a teacher during the school year, and during the summer does landscaping, and also dock installation. He's a hard worker, so this injury is really going to hit hard.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:32am
Hey non Pirate Steve,

Mind if I share your above summary of Ben with a link to gofund me on facebook?
1994 Sport Nautique
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

Mind if I share your above summary of Ben with a link to gofund me on facebook?

Not at all. Please Do     
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:07pm
Thanks for the updates, Steve & Steve. That's some seriously scary stuff. I'll be on the lookout for the links to be sent out- didn't get a chance to meet Ben but hope he heals up fast.

I was pretty hard on all my teammates during practice Friday and during the race itself... Seems like there are lots of opportunities for something like this to happen with all the chaos of the race going on around you. Asses on the floor... I definitely feel a little better about being so harsh, ha. Joe's #1 rule seems applicable: Try not to die.
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:09pm
Yea, you nailed that Tim. Even the lethargic power turn a BFN takes has plenty of potential to throw someone out.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:14pm
"finish undead" was my #1 goal. we accomplished that. we won.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:16pm
I have a pic of the response team and one can be seen on the gunnel with the butt far out, pushing the center of gravity almost outside of the boat as is...BUT a lot of other boats crews did the same or were standing. All the CCF buds (at least on my pics) were sitting or kneeling.
Anyway, scary stuff and another reason to thank Joe for his great rule
1994 Sport Nautique
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

"finish undead" was my #1 goal. we accomplished that. we won.

TIGER BLOOD
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I was pretty hard on all my teammates during practice Friday and during the race itself... Seems like there are lots of opportunities for something like this to happen with all the chaos of the race going on around you. Asses on the floor... I definitely feel a little better about being so harsh, ha. Joe's #1 rule seems applicable: Try not to die.

Really good to hear you guys were so tuned into the safety aspect of it. Tim, you can't be too harsh under those conditions. When one of the top teams has an accident, you know it's easy to slip.   You guys did great!

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 2:50pm
As an example, see 3:19 in this video. Kudos to you Tim, and team for keeping safety a priority. Like you said, I am sure there is a lot going on in the boat, especially during transitions.

The other day on our lake I saw a boat load of kids out wakeboarding. While pulling a rider, two guys were standing on the gunnel, holding on to the tower. As a rule I am not one of those people that fuss about stupid stuff I see on the water, and I haven't yet, but I think I am going to mention to this kid (and his dad, a friend of mine) that we are the ones that are supposed to be setting an example out there.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 3:14pm
We have to go pro our race next year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic