NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'71 Mustang Followed Me Home

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '71 Mustang Followed Me Home
    Posted: November-28-2014 at 5:26pm
So another boat was officially added today. '71 Mustang with a 302 HM (9.5 to - Reid says this is good). Everything appears to be there and as always.......it was running great when we put it up 2 years ago.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 5:29pm
Great find, Greg!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 5:50pm
Greg,
It's fantastic another CC makes it in good hands in the CCfan family!

Take a good look at the integrity of the aft lifting ring mounting. It looks like the top side is bent.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 6:23pm
That is a nice find Greg. Make sure you check out the water pump,parts are getting hard to find. Also check that the rubber spider is in place between the crank drive and the pump. I assume Reid ment that the compression is not too high? Mine is tagged at 9.3
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 6:25pm
Awesome. Love the blue. Are there some cooling parts missing?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Are there some cooling parts missing?

Not that I could see. Gary?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 6:28pm
Pulled apart for winterizing I assume
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 6:54pm
HW is right,just the hoses pulled off. Only thing that's odd is the double sheeved crank pulley,as long as the alternator is aligned it does not matter but it must have been changed at one time and the fuel pump has been changed too,but none of the originals were marine either.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 6:57pm
Should clean up nice. Congrats.

Waldo
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 7:24pm
that is just the boat i would have looked for . unmolested , original, and i love the blue combing pads on those
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 8:17pm
Congrats Greg! Nice looking boat.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 8:29pm
Glad to see someone finally snatched that one up - looks as if the heads have been replaced at some point so I wouldn't make any bets on the current compression ratio. If you ever decide to get the interior replaced maybe we can get a two for one deal - I'll take my set in white.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 9:22pm
Greg, this was a great move. Sure your family will miss the use of the beautiful 2005 - 206 that you picked up last year, but think of the fun that my family will have with that 2005 206 next summer since you will be enjoying this sweet ride.

You are a giver,

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 10:05pm
Thanks everyone - I am sure that there will be many surprises with this gem. Will try to start it up next time I am home for a bit. Think it will get some mystery oil in the cylinders tomorrow for good measure and then some fresh oil, fresh gas (temp gas can method) and new impeller and see what happens....
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 10:06pm
Just where you keeping all our old cast off junkers anyway Don?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 10:08pm
Joe
Not sure that this is one that you may have seen advertised elsewhere. Was sitting in a driveway with the for sale sign on the bow stop - have not seen this on CL. Thinking that I got a pretty good deal.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 10:23pm
There was a similar looking one on raliegh CL Greg, I'm guessing it's one and the same? Good looking boat either way!

Gary, the HM's dropped to a plebeian 8.5:1 around the same time the circ pump was added in late 72 or '73 per Reid... Probably what he meant on this being slightly more desirable (though joe could very well be right about the heads).
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 10:50pm
Seeing that Johns is marked 10.5 to 1 it had me confused but in retrospect Tim I suppose the lower compression was done at the same time across the automotive product line to lower emissions
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 9:04am
Nice. Can't wait to see it run.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 9:58am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Gary, the HM's dropped to a plebeian 8.5:1 around the same time the circ pump was added in late 72 or '73 per Reid...

I wonder what the CR was on the automotive blocks in 72/73? Did HM go along with other marinizers and just add the needed bolt on's to build a marine engine? That would explain the circ pump as well - no special block off plate needed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 10:40am
Automotive 302's were 9.5 in 70 9 in 71 8.5 in 72 8 in 73. 351 4v Clevelands went from 11 to 1 to 8 in the same time period! Not following you on the pump though, the front mount was also the block off plate anyway. They must have just bolted the pump on to the front of the plate and eliminated the Y pipe
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Not following you on the pump though, the front mount was also the block off plate anyway. They must have just bolted the pump on to the front of the plate and eliminated the Y pipe

Gary,
The marinizers during the later years went to getting the circ pumps along with the basic engines. That way they didn't need ether a casting or plate to bolt on where the circ pump goes.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 11:10am
Nice! Good luck with it!
Js
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 11:47am
Congrats! Nice find
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2014 at 12:11pm

Just where you keeping all our old cast off junkers anyway Don?

Gary,

I will worry about that when one of my scams finally pays off. So far no boats have showed up.   

Donald
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 4:44am
H
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 5:05am
Both of mine have double sheaved pulleys.

HW is right,just the hoses pulled off. Only thing that's odd is the double sheeved crank pulley,as long as the alternator is aligned it does not matter but it must have been changed at one time and the fuel pump has been changed too,but none of the originals were marine either.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 9:33am
John / Gary / Joe / Others
On your plug wires - did you go with angled boots or straight. Seems like the straights are VERY tight to the manifolds and are a son of a gun to remove -
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 10:36am
Greg in your other thread I posted a couple of pic's,in the last one all the way to the right you can see one plug end,it is a short 90. I used short 90's on the cap end too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2014 at 2:14pm
Gary, do you think the plug wire fitment is the same for the original heads with the angled plugs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic