NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'71 Mustang Followed Me Home

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 3:19pm
Succes in the driveway on the hose so off to the ramp we go with two boats and a tow rope......
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 4:25pm
nice, good luck
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 7:53pm
Got to the ramp and went to launch the 206 and son of a gun would not start - no tow boat for the maiden launch of the Mustang. Heck with it - Kristin back me in and hop in......... Off we go with about 4 gallons of fuel and a half of a paddle (paddle blade split).   Buzzed over to the house to pick up Luke and some liquid nourishment for the body and away we went.....got about 3 miles from the house and as Imwas turning around a couple of burps, backfires and stall. Would not start (nothing at the turn of the key - figured a bad ground so fiddled for a moment and then paddled shore and had wife come get me in the truck with the thoughts of getting the 206 or lining up a tow home. No go on the 206 so back to the boat to get Luke only to get there and find no boat and no Luke....He jumbled the ignition wires behind the dash and away he went. Boat cut out on him as well but we discovered the temp fuel set up must have allowed the fuel to shift and permit the fuel line to grab some air causing the earlier burp / stall. Boy that was a QUICK draining of fuel.

Did find out the boat is a bit of a bouncer like Jackie's and yes this thing will get up and go....Kristin says it may be tiny but it is fierce. No internet at the lake house so the video will need to wait until I can grab some free wifi.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 8:00pm
Had to make sure Luke was in a pic

[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 8:07pm
Greg, that's a great shot of you and Kristin, glad it runs, even if it's not perfect, yet.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 8:11pm
Very Cool. You are months ahead of schedule on getting this unit ready of SJRR.

It was a nice day to be on the water today.

Nice work.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 10:14pm
Great news.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2014 at 10:17pm
Fantastic! I can't wait for more. Fierce? I like it!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 9:53am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

....Kristin says it may be tiny but it is fierce.

A Holman Moody will do that for ya. Haven't been in a CC where it DIDN'T!

Great that y'all got her running and I look fwd to meeting her and driving her a bit at the river here in a few months.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2014 at 10:17am
Fast little boat indeed !! Gotta love the sound too. :)
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 10:24am
Trying the video link - no promises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgGPyeltC_A

tube]http://youtu.be/yRqRuXueow[/tube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRqRuXueow

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 10:27am
Forgot a [

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 10:33am

Trying the video link - no promises

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 10:35am
Greg,
You can edit your posts for corrections. You're confusing me!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 11:21am
Pete
Can you view my video from 8:24 this am? I can see it from the Ipad just fine -nothing on the links below...
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 11:34am

Trying again from the laptop

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 11:40am
Looks like I am providing some Sunday morning humor.....Perhaps I need to get my but to the garage. Last try for now

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 11:45am
I see the problem

F12
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 11:49am
every time

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 11:50am
Thanks Greg, I needed that!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 3:08pm
You may call that Mustang tiny, but you have one more foot of spacious luxury than some of us.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

You may call that Mustang tiny, but you have one more foot of spacious luxury than some of us.

Try 3.5", John... 71+ mustang used the same hull as the Skier and Ski Tique (16'5"). I think the length difference vs the 1gen stang was mostly in the nose. 74+ Mustang 17 is a different animal- longer and wider.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 7:52pm

I like Greg's even more now.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 9:21pm
That thing sounds wicked bad nasty. Copper pipes?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2014 at 9:48pm
Have torn up the floor up to see.. It has a raspiness to the exhaust for sure. The family I bought it from said it can be heard pretty much around the lake when in the gas.....reminded me of Tim's BFN
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2014 at 12:57am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I see the problem

F12

I tried that too...no workee.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2014 at 10:58am
You made a huge score with that boat, Greg! What a great project. Seems like all the H/M boats are found everywhere, but New England.

The pylon on ebay is a great price from what I've seen. They're hard to find to begin with and usually they're more money. Measure your rear lifting ring for height and length. We may have one if it's the smaller version. They are really tough. I wonder how it got bent like that?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2014 at 1:23pm
Thanks Bruce - I think I did pretty well. To get the boat running I have added plugs, wires, impeller, temp battery and fuel.

I have confirmed with the PO the aft lifting ring was used for skiing /wake boarding. The PO was not sure if the boat came with a pylon or not but is going to check with his Uncle and get back to me.

I am heading back to the lake today and will try to remember the measure the height / length of the lifting ring.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2014 at 4:01pm
The lifting ring style changed in '69, it got a lot thicker. Same "look" as the earlier ones but thicker. They changed styles in '72.

If that pylon on eBay is still available, it's a good price. If it doesn't have a bend in it (which was added in '71), I don't think it will play nicely with a front bench- just FYI.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 4:07pm
Back in the water this morning for some more fun. Boat started right up but continues to idle very rough I suspect the plugs are still "wet" from the cylinder oil bath of mystery oil. Additionally I am guessing the carb could use some attention but that is beyond my capabilities at this point. I am guessing that I will be able to shame some help from others here.

Set the GoPro up and grabbed some video that needs to be downloaded and uploaded later.

Hit 49 on the gps ~4700 rpm with more to go on the throttle. Easily outpaced the 206.

Current prop is a federal Mogul 5014 12RH1. Looking at the hull it looks as though at some point something not to good happened with a prop and the hull as I see indications of a repair.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic