NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skutsch

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 1:06am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Just have to recollect here, your 247 LLBD attempts in the frigid water last fall. Man, I admire your perseverence.

I had to laugh at this one...

Glad to hear it is all going as smooth as possible.

Now about that "itch that I can't reach"????

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 1:09am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Just have to recollect here, your 247 LLBD attempts in the frigid water last fall. Man, I admire your perseverence.

had to laugh at this one Larry...

sure glad to hear that it is moving along as smooth as possible

now about that "itch I just can't reach"....where?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 1:10am
first it wouldn't let me post..now it put it up twice.

dang computers.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 1:43am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

dang computers.

john
F12 John, always hit F12

Steve, glad things are ahead of schedule, all the best on an even speedier than expected recovery. At this pace maybe they'll be wrong about your skiing too.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 2:12am
I keep trying to follow your advice Adam..but nuthin' happens.

you at Reid's?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 9:17pm
Steve, I missed this completely, haven't been on as much lately. Best of luck with the recovery, you'll continue to be ahead of schedule all the way!

And I want to learn to barefoot at 52 ...........
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 8:56am
Wow Steve,
I missed this too. Congrats on all the good news since the event. I am now thinking of taking up barefooting behind a sailboat.
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 4:49pm
Man Steve, that's a tough break.   Keep up the healing! sounds like you're on the right track.

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Doctor told me I "needed" to get back to work as that (keyboarding) would be good therapy for the loss of strength due to nerve damage (he expects that will be a full recovery).

Steve

Did you tell the doc that there is no need for work, you can get all the ccfan (Keyboarding) therapy you need right at home in your jammies? I am betting your speedy recovery is linked to the conditioning you had from the very activity that injured you. keep up the good work.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 7:34pm
Ok guys, time for another update. Had a follow up visit on Monday (it's been six weeks already). So it appears that the healing continues, although it is difficult to see a lot of progress from the x-rays. For the second time, he indicated a 3 month window instead of his original assessment of 6 months so that is positive, but he also warned that it is a wait and see assessment. I go back in 6 weeks. Oh, my doctor came in and now addresses me as "The Indestructible Man" I thought that was pretty funny - he is such an awesome doc!

I did get copies of all my films, so here are some before and after shots. I probably won't leave these up for a real long time.

This first picture is a CAT scan, it shows one of the 3 or 4 fractures that I had on a number of vertebrae.

Remember this is a CAT scan so it represents slices or cross sections of the body. So this also illustrates how I was also able to displace the vertebrae, the fracture is to one of the facets on the spine. These facets act to hold the vertebrae stacked in place. Essentially I sheared these facets off, which allowed the vertebrae to become displaced as shown in this next slice (CAT scan again). This is probably the worst displacement, it is approximately 40% displaced - This is where the Docs, all go, "we can't figure out how you survived this (Miracle 1), let alone walking around (Miracle 2)"

This also is a pretty good visualization of how screwed up my spine was. There should be a little bit of a curve here, but nothing like what you see.

Finally some shots of the post operative work. You can see the rods and screws they have installed to keep everything stable until the bone grows back. Once the bone grows back all those vertebrae will be fused essentially creating a super vertebrae, from T1 to C5.

And this is a front view:

So thats the update, I probably won't leave these pics up here, maybe a week or two. Anyway continuing to get stronger every day. Not much pain anymore, just discomfort from the brace, pressure points from where it hits the head when sleeping, stiff neck, etc, that kind of stuff.

Oh, the gloves are off on the jokes, so have it. Morfoot started it and I have seen a few others. Heck thats part of the fun, still chuckling from "The indestructible man" comment. So lets here 'em! Thanks again for all the support!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 8:03pm
Impressive Steve and amazing pics.... With all that hardware your carrying I think we should start calling you ......"The Terminator"

Oh the TSA is gonna love you!

Thanks for the update bro. Chin up ....Oh wait.... it already is!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Thanks for the update bro. Chin up ....Oh wait.... it already is!

Haha, awesome!

Keep up the good work Steve! Great to hear you're recovering well.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 8:18pm
Wow Steve, those are some startling images to look at! Seeing that I can see why the docs think you are made of pretty tough stuff. Continued best wishes on the recovery, glad the pain is under control.

I'm pretty sure with the magnetic field from all that hardware you will throw a perfect pass off by about 2 mph so might have to ride in the back or run the throttle "old school"!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 8:21pm
Nice progress. You can hold your head high! You might need to put a swivel on your drivers seat so you can turn to see your skiers!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 9:07pm
Steve great attitude always helps. "It is a little thing that makes a big difference"

I wonder if Pete could source those screws at McMaster Carr
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 9:08pm
And are they indexed?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 9:08pm
Speedy recovery. Amazing how well you held up to such an injury. You are very lucky.

Your nickname should be Duralast.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 11:15pm
wow...those were hard to look at...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 12:02am
Agree with John,Steve. Glad your feeling better.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 12:22am
Makes my neck hurt just lookin at it...keep up the super recovery
This is the life
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 1:18am
Wow! Glad to hear your getting better. Hope the pace continues for you.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 10:06am
Your inside bacerds look a bit discombobulated.

Well look at it this way, could have been much worse, imagine if you would have fallen crotch first we would all be looking at pics of your package

Keep on Keepin on your Rapid Recovery

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 10:50am
Yet another way to "get screwed". Get well fast!
Js
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 2:30pm
HA! These are good ones guys, keep em coming. I am a firm believer that laughter and humor are some of the best secrets to healing.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I did get clear to fly, so I am actually out on my first business trip. It does not happen without a lot of planning though, have to have someone to carry my bags on both ends etc, arrange for a driver, but it was a pretty critical meeting. Oh and Tim, you were right TSA didn't know what to do with me, despite calling and giving them a heads up. They ended up having to do a pat down and chemical/explosives test on exposed part of the brace.

Lastly, the meeting is in Traverse City, MI - beautiful place by the way, looking forward to bringing the boat up here to explore. But as I pulled into the city limits, I happened upon someone pulling a Black Stripe BFN, first one of those I have ever seen (BLack stripe). So if it was anyone on here, it sure was a welcome site.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 3:12pm
Steve, my buddy brownie lives up that way, if you have time to goof off while there txt me and I will give you his number. You guys would have quite a bit to talk about, he broke his neck in High School + he is not hitting on all cylinders, lol

Safe Travels
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 4:59pm
Steve WHEN you do get back to slalom you'll have an advantage as far as keeping the eyes and head level, and upper body quiet! That's one of the hardest parts and now it's built in.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

cbdenco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbdenco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 12:31am
Steve, Pretty drastic measures just to get some Halloween decoration pics!

Yup, miracles happen! You proved it!
Wishing you a continued speedy recovery
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 3:22am
bet you enjoyed the "pat down on exposed parts"....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 11:06am
great idea john. can i borrow that brace when you're done with it steve?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 6:02pm
How goes it Steve?
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic