NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HP exhaust manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HP exhaust manifolds
    Posted: January-13-2006 at 8:19am
I've been looking for some aluminun or stainless steel manifolds for a while they show up on e-bay every once in a while but i may have found a source for new header style wet exhaust system.

http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/indmar-pcm.htm

Now it's coming to terms with the lay out of cash.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 9:06am
I was curious about these manifolds as well, they are about the only manufacturer making performance marine exhaust components for small block Fords. One guy on the Donzi forums speaks very highly of the owner and the product. I put in a request for more info and the owner personally called me twice from Australia. Seemed like a nice guy and a looks like he has a very solid product- good flow, all SS construction, 1 piece design (as opposed to having a manifold + riser).

There are distributors in Canada and Arizona, but the price quoted me directly from Australia was the cheapest. Here are the prices he told me:

$2000 (AUS) headers (powdercoated)
$300 (AUS) extra for polished (optional)
~$200 (AUS) shipping (5 days)

At the current ~.75 exchange rate, the total would be just under $1700 (US) total shipped for a set of powdercoated headers. This is about half the cost that CMI quoted me to custom make them- and I believe Hi-tek's design is superior.

It will be a while before I go ahead and rebuild my motor, but when I do, these headers are on the list.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 9:15am
I think hi-tek actually buy's them from Victorian marine technology, I filled out the request form on both site was sure who called me back last night maybe from hi-tek but I was quoted about the same price under 1700 exchange rate not much but for stainless and the guy told me they give you a healthy increase in power as well like 25HP extra which seemed a little high I thought but they said that was dyno'd results.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 9:53am
The way I understand it, Victorian Marine was the former name of Hi-Tek, but ICBW. The most recent literature I could find on Victorian was from the mid 90's. One guy reported buying Victorian manifolds that came with the Hi-Tek name on them, so I suspect a name change somewhere along the line.

When I spoke with the owner, he quoted me several dyno tests. I am not sure if they have dyno'd our specific PCM style Ford manifolds, but they saw good increases over similar cast designs found on Chevy Mercruisers and Indmars. Supposedly Indmar had the best flow from the factory and they saw 10-15 hp gain on those motors, more on the others. I think a 25 hp gain from the Hi-Teks is certainly possible, especially on a modified motor such as yours, 79.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 10:25am
the only other source that I've seen is ROLCO which is another Aussy company and they have cast alumimum manifolds I requested info fron them as well put haven't heard anything yet. their's look simular to the old crusaider manifolds with osco style casting bosses that look uglly. Nothing like a donout ring sticking up in a couple differnt locations to kill the looks. I don't understand why osco cast their's the way they do, it must be from the way they hold the sand cores in place to create the water pasage.
tonydjd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonydjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 1:40pm
I would love to put a pair on my 88sn if anybody has installed a pair please tell me what you think
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 9:42pm
I wonder if the 25 hp gain is really accurate, or maybe comparing it to the worst possible manifold out there. I also wonder if theres any difference between mufflers and straight piped. They claim no loss in hp when adding mufflers. How can that be??

Where you would notice a huge difference is in weight. Dump the cast iron manifolds, intake, and heads, then you would be better off. It only takes $$$.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 4:06am
How would these compare to the Holman and Moody aluminum manifolds?
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2006 at 6:26pm
Compared to the H-M I would say that these would have a little advantage over the H-M manifolds. These are a true 1-3/4" tube headers wrapped inside of a water jacket. So I would think that they would weigh just a hair less than the H-M but not much but a little bit. The H-M I've seen look like log style that opens up into a large common cavity with short runners. With the longer runners of these they should out perform the H-M.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2006 at 2:19pm
Glen wood marine has themin their catalog
also try lightning headers , they use them on Jersey skiffs with small block fords and chevys
They are Badddddd dont know if they will fit under the engine box ???
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic