NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Torino Project (07-05-06 Update)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 11:08am
Just curious....Does anyone know what came of that Torino that was for sale in FL. I don't/ didn't want it, I was just wondering if anyone ever followed up and either got it or knows what happened to it.

Talked to Craig Warner at the Boston Boat show, I believe he said he had a Seperator (the torino with the bigger engine and the bat boat windshields and another V-drive, a spoiler maybe) I hope to see them at the NECC rally. Maybe he'll even drop one in at Milton for us.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Just curious....Does anyone know what came of that Torino that was for sale in FL. I don't/ didn't want it, I was just wondering if anyone ever followed up and either got it or knows what happened to it.

Talked to Craig Warner at the Boston Boat show, I believe he said he had a Seperator (the torino with the bigger engine and the bat boat windshields and another V-drive, a spoiler maybe) I hope to see them at the NECC rally. Maybe he'll even drop one in at Milton for us.

Bigger engine in the Seperator? How Big was it?
The last time I checked (3-4 weeks) it was still listed.They were asking too much $ for the amount of work that it needed
Scott
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 1:04pm
Not really sure of the specifics. That comment was based on something Craig had said. Remember early on in this thread (I think) we were discussing Torinos, Seperators and Spoilers and trying to determine the difference and when and why different versions were in brochures. When Craig mentioned his Seperator, I said something about Torinos and he commented that the Seperator was a higher performance boat. As I said, I don't know the details. I also think I recall him saying the Spoiler was an even "hotter" version. Blast an email off to Craig. I'm sure he knows all the details and would be happy to share them with you.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 3:48pm
Thanks Larry, I will. And I too, remember talking about the different models.I can't recall the differences either.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 4:23pm
I said I wasnt going to post any picutres of the paint job until it was all put back together, but since I am selling it, I wanted to try to get some interest stirred by showing its progression.

The following pictures show the boat in the paint booth and a couple of pictures of the deck before its wet sanded and buffed. Believe it or not, the paint will look even better then it does in these pictures.

Scott
macdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 7:14pm
Man thats a pretty color blue, Scott.LOL
Always too much month left at the end of the money.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 7:58pm
    Awesome!!! The best part is making it look like the brochure!!
                                   Jeff..
slalomguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 4:59pm
Scott,

Can you help me out with some info?

What grit sandpaper should I use when wetsanding my hull?

thanks
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 5:26pm
If it needs it.I would Go with a 600 , then 1500-2000,then buff it. Have fun!
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2006 at 10:19pm
I finally started putting the Torino back together. The following pictures show the hull after its been buffed. The trailer was stripped down, primed, and painted. The fenders were painted black with silver metal flake. Then four coats of clear coat. As you can see, I either rechromed or replaced everywhere.

Scott
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2006 at 10:26pm
That will be a really nice, and quite unique boat. Looks great to me. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2006 at 10:41pm
Scott: What an awesome boat that is gonna be! Very nice lookin' job. I am always amazed at the skills of some of you guys here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 12:14pm
Scott,

It's really comming along well...can't wait to see the finished boat!
Good job man!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 12:33am
Thanks guys. I'll post more pics soon.
Scott
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 7:28am
Scott, Looks like you're a detail guy, that thing is gonna look brand new. Can't wait to see it done.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2006 at 9:15pm
I got the windshield and some more chrome back on the boat. Here are a few more pictures...

Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2006 at 9:17pm
Nice. You sure got alot of boats in your garage. You do this for a living?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2006 at 9:59pm
Wow! I know it won't be for a year or two, but I can't wait till my boat project shines like that!
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2006 at 9:21am
Thanks guys. I hoped to have it ready for Cedar Point.. Oh well.
John. Only two of those boats are mine.
Scott
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2006 at 2:03pm
Scott,
Killer looking so far !!! Glad you kept it the same color !!. Tell us, what interior color did you decide to go with? The same dark green, or hopefully a white or camel color???

Moj'
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2006 at 2:37pm
A nice cream color would look good too, or maybe even a shade of yellow, regardsless it's going to turn out nice.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2006 at 8:55pm
Guys
Thanks for the compliments. Nice to here after all those hours of work.I'm keeping the interior the dark green because it is in new condition and to keep costs down. Too bad the seats didn't have a couple of holes in them. I could have chosen a different color.
Scott
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 7:39am
You could pull the skins off and add some colored panels to them with out spending alot.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 8:50am
Chris,
Now you got me thinking again....I was ok with the green..up till now. $$$$
Scott
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 9:15am
Scott, I have a 1971 Separator like the one pictured on your brochure. Hull ID # SEP 1711
It is white with red stripe and red interior.It has a Holman Moody 351 with V drive set up. Would you be willing to make color copies of your Separator Brochures for me? Thanks, Mike Thrower
email, michaelt@westmarine.com
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 9:34pm
Mike
I'll see if my wife can copy them at work.Give me a reminder, in about a week.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 11:01pm
Here are more pictures of the Torino. The exterior is complete minus one lift ring. Need to install carpet and decide what I want to do with the interior.

Scott
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 10:09am
Scott,
Where did you get your rubrail? Somebody put rope rubrail on my M17 and it originally came with chrome. Yours looks very nice.

Dave
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 10:50am
Scott,

Extremely impressed with your work. I would love to have one of those, especially one restored as nicely as yours is going to be.
oldcentury76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcentury76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 6:09pm
I second dchris17's request... Where did you get the rub rail??
1976 Ski Nautique

Too many hobbies, not enough time!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic