NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A challenge for Pete

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A challenge for Pete
    Posted: August-19-2011 at 11:43pm
Pete,
I've read for years about your hatred for tubes and those who ride/tow them. After reading your post (and drinking a few cold ones) to Billy I got to thinking about you riding a tube and your attitude about them. I wondered if I could challenge you to a tube off. You on a tube and my wife behind the wheel. If you can stay on that tube for five minutes then we all concede that tubing should be outlawed.
If you can't stay on the tube, well then you have to lay off of everybody for enjoying them. What do you say?

Wagers can be placed right here. Who wouldn't want to see Pete and those locks of arctic blond pasted to his forehead after my teeny school teacher wife skips him like a rock with the help of a "Competition Ski Boat"
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 12:12am
Careful there Steve,the economy is tight and you don't want to just throw away money. You just might not remember some of these quotes--

[/QUOTE]

Now I'm wondering if your baiting someone Chris,I know that you know we have a pro right here in the greater Chicago area
"Pete on the site here is a professional tuber and could probably answer this for you, he is on the tubers circuit, and from what i hear there is pretty good money in it" [/QUOTE]

or this one-

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

professional tubing is right up there with curling or archery

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Eric,
This is a excellent opportunity to start pushing that new ZB 3820 trans they just came out with? I heard they are really great for the tubers circuit. I've GOT to have one!!!

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Well you and I know that Eric,but some of the newer menbers don't have any idea.But Pete being in the Seniors "keep it original" Tour,things are alot different than what these "kids" have today.Those black rubber truck tubes get real hot in the sun,and that valve stem, ouch!

I think he's a ringer,be careful
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 12:22am
so you think Pete's been using reverse psychology in an attempt to bait someone like me to throw out a challenge like this so that he can demonstrate his inflatable prowess?

$100 for the first person who can produce photo/video evidence of Mr. Brainard on a tube. Bonus points if he's wearing gloves.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 12:34am
Are ya Trolling him Steve...........It,s a trick Pete
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 12:45am
I will take the wife to throw him!!
83Ski
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 1:31am
I think it's bigger than that,always "follow the money" ie sponsor ships, apperance money not to mention his use of a boat-

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 1:35am
Here is another one of his outfits as posted by other members-

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

O M G !!!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 1:52am
OK gang, it's now become very obvious that photographic evidence is needed to show my tubing skills. I'm going up north for the full week before Labor Day so I guess I'll just have to get some pictures and post them!!
I'm sorry but all the tournaments in the Midwest that I always go to are over with and done for the season. Any pro pictures in competition will have to wait till next summer but, I promise, I'll get you guys some pictures. In the mean time, keep up with that excellent sport of tubing!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 2:02am
The $100 photo.

Tim D
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 2:20am

ROFLOL!!! NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

**Edit** A day later and I'm still laughing!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 2:36am
LOL....

I am thinking you have to much time on your hands Gary..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 2:57am
That is funny!!
83Ski
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 3:02am
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 3:03am
He sure is up awful late too
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 3:43am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

OK gang, it's now become very obvious that photographic evidence is needed to show my tubing skills. I'm going up north for the full week before Labor Day so I guess I'll just have to get some pictures and post them!!
I'm sorry but all the tournaments in the Midwest that I always go to are over with and done for the season. Any pro pictures in competition will have to wait till next summer but, I promise, I'll get you guys some pictures. In the mean time, keep up with that excellent sport of tubing!!

Hope you have fun in the "Northwoods"!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 4:43am
That is beautiful Tim, Very funny. Only Pete would have a white button up PFD.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 12:19am
From last years Tubing Nationals.

Tim D
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 12:24am
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 12:46am
Dont know why that is so darn funny, but it is.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

politicallycorrect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicallycorrect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

The $100 photo.

That picture is definitely worth a hundred bucks!!!
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 3:04am
This one really takes it to another level! Love it!

Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

From last years Tubing Nationals.

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
srbranum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srbranum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 10:35am
OMG......I have never seen you Pete but those pictures are priceless. Even my wife who does not know much of anything about boating burst out laughing when she saw them. It's something about sitting upright on a tube with a plain shirt on that does it. I have three tubes myself which makes me want to pictureshop some of our tube photo's.
I have to keep her running 'cause I can't afford a new one
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 7:10pm
Has Keith starting soliciting nominations for next year's calendar yet?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 11:43am
Back to this original challenge, seems a little biased towards the driver to me as I see no mention of inclusion of the PTT (Pro Tubing Tour) driving guidelines. Without limitations even an average PTT driver can immediately remove not only a premier level PTT tuber from the tube but typically they can also remove the cover from the tube! Such an uneven playing field very quickly makes for boring TV, as such section 2.1 of the PTT rules and regulations was adopted and outlines the following limitations on driving techniques.

2.1.a Driver shall not exceed 25 mph at any time! Constant speeds are encouraged except in situations of "slack".
2.1.b The driver shall make every effort to avoid "slack" in the tow rope. Should at any time enough slack develop that the front of the tube (as defined by the tow point) is not within a 40 degree arch of a tangent line drawn between the center of the tube and the towpoint of the boat, the driver should immediately cut power and regain speed only after tuber approval.
2.1.c Use of the "Circle of Death" or other "additive wake techniques" such as a "double up" is only allowed in circumstances of "tuber trash talking" (TTT). A TTT situation cannot be declared without the agreement of at least one non driving passenger in the tow boat. Upon declaration of a TTT and initiation of the AWT the offending tuber has the choice to either let go of the tube before impact and cease and desist with trash talking for the rest of the session, or take his chances.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Back to this original challenge, seems a little biased towards the driver to me as I see no mention of inclusion of the PTT (Pro Tubing Tour) driving guidelines. Without limitations even an average PTT driver can immediately remove not only a premier level PTT tuber from the tube but typically they can also remove the cover from the tube! Such an uneven playing field very quickly makes for boring TV, as such section 2.1 of the PTT rules and regulations was adopted and outlines the following limitations on driving techniques.

2.1.a Driver shall not exceed 25 mph at any time! Constant speeds are encouraged except in situations of "slack".
2.1.b The driver shall make every effort to avoid "slack" in the tow rope. Should at any time enough slack develop that the front of the tube (as defined by the tow point) is not within a 40 degree arch of a tangent line drawn between the center of the tube and the towpoint of the boat, the driver should immediately cut power and regain speed only after tuber approval.
2.1.c Use of the "Circle of Death" or other "additive wake techniques" such as a "double up" is only allowed in circumstances of "tuber trash talking" (TTT). A TTT situation cannot be declared without the agreement of at least one non driving passenger in the tow boat. Upon declaration of a TTT and initiation of the AWT the offending tuber has the choice to either let go of the tube before impact and cease and desist with trash talking for the rest of the session, or take his chances.   

Now Joe, recall that Pete has stated numerous times that it takes no skill to ride a tube and if that's the case, then the driver should have the freedom to whip Mr. Brainerd into the Circle of Death "at speed" hit a double up or two and basically implement any other driving techniques he or she thinks to test Mr. Brainerd's thoughts about tube skills.   He's already been a vocal part of the TTT, no?

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 6:58pm
Now that is funny !!
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 8:45am

I think Pete prefers to be the driver...

-Adam

1973 Skier
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 8:56am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 11:09am
imagine if you could get enough hits on this pic in a google image search it could be the pic that shows first for a correct craft search.. now that would be just mean
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
echobravoecho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echobravoecho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 7:52pm
Been laughing so hard I'll probably get fired.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic