NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orange Crush Has a New Home:)

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange Crush Has a New Home:)
    Posted: May-24-2011 at 5:51pm
Probably never thought you'd hear it, but yep, it's true. Our beloved Orange Crush has found a wonderful new and rightful home with one of our own most deserving CCFan families, the Benjamins, in what finalized a 6-month, heart-felt decision. Gregg, Tim's father is officially the proud new owner of this fine boat. The two of them, along with Joe from NY, came down to Lake Norman on the 13th for the weekend and we had a great time doing a bit of skiing and cruising, and took a few pics like the one below near the end of weekend, which brought a bittersweet tear to my eyes. I feel, and hope most concur, that we've been honorable stewards in our ownership of this very special boat, having towed her over 12,000 miles in the nearly 3 yrs we've had her. And going forward, I feel strongly that the Benjamins, with their indisputable love and care for all Correct Crafts, will be even better hosts, and all the while allowing me to turn more attention back to working on and travelling with some older boats again and to focus on some Race City Marine new Nautiques.

So please help me in congratulating the Benjamins on welcoming Crush into their ever-growing Correct Craft family, and we'll all look forward to seeing more of her struttin' her stuff in the years to come.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:06pm

I wonder now if that BFN will ever get done?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:07pm
I hate to see her leave North Carolina but agree you could not have found a better home for her. Congrats Gregg!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:11pm
Congratulations! Great boat and a fitting family that will take good care of her. Good luck!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:15pm
I was really hoping my $5 offer would hold up. Nice boat 30Rock!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:16pm
When I told Dana that the Crush was sold she "I bet Greg bought it" LOL   She saw something in his eyes the minute it was unveiled at Lake George.

Reid you've done it proud and allowed hundreds of people to experience it first hand. Great job, I have a feeling it's in pretty good hands now as well.

Now if anyone was looking for a very nice 2003 196.....there is one available in CT!

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:19pm
Congratulations to the Benjamins. I know its all a matter of taste, but I think that is one of the most desirable Correct Crafts ever made and I can't say I'm sad about the boat being just down the road a piece from me.

But at the same time, I am a little sad to see it leave the stewardship of Reid. Reid, you were certainly a worthy ambassador of CCFan and the Crush, stepping up in the beginning to make sure it stayed in the CCF family and making the effort and sacrifices to drag it all over the country so CCFans from Maine to Florida to New York to CA and countries around the world could enjoy it. Your efforts are much appreciated by all.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:24pm
I guess we know why Greg's boat has been listed for sale lately yea?

Congrats guys, that boat is beautiful.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:26pm
Another great example for the Benjamin Collection, an Orange + a Banana, if you include Timmy thats a lot of fruit!!

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Reid, you were certainly a worthy ambassador of CCFan and the Crush, stepping up in the beginning to make sure it stayed in the CCF family and making the effort and sacrifices to drag it all over the country so CCFans from Maine to Florida to New York to CA and countries around the world could enjoy it. Your efforts are much appreciated by all.

+ what Larry said!

Congrats Gregg, and enjoy it!!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:41pm
Awesome news! Just when I was starting to like the Zephyr/Red combo on the 03, too...
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:44pm
Congratulations
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 6:56pm
Congrats, Benjamin's....At what point does your fleet become a NAVY?
bj
hasbeenskier
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Another great example for the Benjamin Collection, an Orange + a Banana, if you include Timmy thats a lot of fruit!!

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Reid, you were certainly a worthy ambassador of CCFan and the Crush, stepping up in the beginning to make sure it stayed in the CCF family and making the effort and sacrifices to drag it all over the country so CCFans from Maine to Florida to New York to CA and countries around the world could enjoy it. Your efforts are much appreciated by all.

+1

Couldn't have gone to a better home!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 7:47pm
Never had the pleasure of meeting any Benjamins, but its not often this many people on this site say nice things about someone who doesn't deserve them. I trust Reid wouldn't have let it fall into the wrong hands, or outside of the CCF family for that matter.

Congrats on the new ride! Its a beauty!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 9:02pm
Congratulations to the Benjamins !!!

Thank you Reid for allowing me to take the helm of the Orange Crush !!!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Don't forget the Greens!!!

Conrats guys! I'm sure she will be well taken care of up north. Next we'll see the Benjamin Boat Barn, huh?
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 9:45pm
I saw that Greggs boat was for sale today and thought to myself it's very unBenjamin like to sell a great CC. But it all makes sense now. Greggs going be the owner of two of the fastest CCs in the north east!

Congrats 30rock! I can't wait to see the orange crush up north!

Reid, you couldn't have sold it to a better family. Glad to see it going to a great home and staying with CCF
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 11:01pm
Congratulations Gregg! I'm glad to see the Crush make it up to your family. I'm sad that it's leaving Reid's family, but I think it's all the same at this point. It's still in the CCF family. I'm really excited for you.

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Congratulations Gregg! I'm glad to see the Crush make it up to your family. I'm sad that it's leaving Reid's family, but I think it's all the same at this point. It's still in the CCF family. I'm really excited for you.

me to however you have now the obligation of attending all the CCF reunions and that means SJRR
I have been in that boat super SWEET"
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:07am
That is great news guy's,outside of Reid I couldn't think of a more worthy stewardship either. Awesome responsibilty with having to decide what boat to use on what day
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:11am
I guess I will keep this photo. My little girl still talks about levitating out of the passenger seat when I was driving 27 and decided to speed up somewhat quickly.

Tim D
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:26am
Man! And I never got to DRIVE the CRUSH!!! Even my son-in-law drove it- but not me!    
Congrats Gregg! Guess I'll have to make a trip up North sometime to drive it now. Guess I could come when the Vikings get a new Stadium
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:35am
   Congrats Deb, er, I mean Gregg .

Nice to see the boat staying in the extended CCF family. Although with the Benjamins' track record for making reunions lately it might be awhile before we see that boat again hahaha. Hope to see you guys all at the next official NE get together. Congrats on the new purchase 30Rock. And as always, Mr Pinkham, nothing short of a class act.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 1:13am
Say it ain't so Joe!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 1:17am
Very exciting news for us fans in the Northeast!

To Gregg and the entire Benjamin family- Congrats on this very cool addition to your already very cool CC collection!

Looking forward to seeing the crush again real soon ;)

Reid (and Laurie), to echo what others have already said- THANK YOU!

-Brad
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 2:02am
When I heard the news a couple of days ago I was a little concerned about who the new owner was but knew that Reid would have made sure that "our" boat was in safe hands. I too cannot think of better guys to whom "The Crush" has been sold to. After reading the previous posts and from what I know about Tim that the apple truly does not fall far from the tree and that "The Crush" will continue to be the flagship of the site and she IS indeed in safe hands. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to drive her, ski behind her, and telling the many folks her history when they asked about her when she made the journey to the Masters last year.

Congratulations Gregg on your new ride,        we KNOW she is in safe hands!

Reid... I think the guy's above pretty much covered it. Thank you Sir. Proud to call you a friend!

Man I love this shot of the OC pulling her former owner on his orange ski. No doubt Gregg and Tim will add many more to share in the near future.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 2:13am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

And as always, Mr Pinkham, nothing short of a class act. Mike

couldn't have said it better Mike...

Reid and Laurie stepped up to the plate to make sure the Crush began her life in the CCFan family.

Made sure the Crush was at every event to be enjoyed by us all.

And now have made sure that the Crush will be continued to be cared for just the way she deserves.

Thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 2:21am

Gregg,

I'll let you drive mine (Blair's Banana Boat II) if you let me drive your,s (Orange Crush). I'll just sneak it out of the garage and meet you at the lake on June 11!!!

Now,again, how do I back it up??

Love, your Sister-In-Law, Wendy
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 2:22am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Made sure the Crush was at every event to be enjoyed by us all.
john

So will Gregg be purchasing a motorhome to make traveling across the country to all these events more comfortable?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 5:39am
Congratulations Gregg on your new ride. She'll be a great asset to the already extensive Benjamin Fleet!

And thank you Reid for letting me have a go at the helm of the Crush when I was at GL 2010! You have made a lot of us here happy by bringing her to various reunions over the past years you owned her!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic