Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Rypel Passes

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
Jrypel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrypel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Rypel Passes
    Posted: September-16-2010 at 12:46pm
Keith,
I am very sad to inform you that Steve Rypel passed away yesterday while water skiing. I know that he thought of Correct Craft as part of his family. He really enjoyed the reunions on Green Lake.
jrypel
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:02pm
John,
I can’t believe this has happened. I am so very sorry. I have known Steve for three years now and every year look forward to seeing him in Green Lake. As do many others on the site, I consider him a good friend. I am devastated by this news.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I am truly shocked and very saddened. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:12pm
Wowww... like Keith says, Our thoughts and prayers to the family..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:14pm
My thoughts and prayers as well. Yes, at 37 years old, it's a shock!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:16pm
A recent photo of Steve from this July in Green Lake.

We'll really miss you man.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:17pm
John, I'm so sorry for your loss. Steve was a great guy, I felt like I'd known him for years.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:22pm
John, Our thoughts are with you on Steve's passing. My wife and I were speechless last night when we heard this, Steve had become a regular at the Green lake reunions and on this site and was always a great guy to be around.

He did pass doing what he loved with a great bunch of people from this site, our hearts go out to all those involved.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:23pm
John,

Very sorry for your loss, Steve will certainly be missed, he was a Great Guy.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:24pm
So sorry for the families loss. One of my GL '10 highlights was getting to know Steve and taking pics of our reverse gel's. Tragic...
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:31pm
I have never met him but I am sorry to hear the bad news.

RIP

Tim

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:37pm
Wow, Im shocked and saddened to hear this... Steve was a great guy. He will be missed!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:56pm
I can't think of Green Lake and the great times spend there without Steve "the ripster" Rypel jumping to mind, an exceptionally nice guy. Truly a great loss to us all, my thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 2:06pm
Prayers are thoughts are with the family from down here in the Deep South. I had the pleasure of meeting Steve last year @ GL and felt like I had known him for years. Such horrible news to hear. Thanks for letting his CCFan family know of his passing.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 2:12pm
Steve was a GREAT man and one that everyone loved to be around....He will be missed!!! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 2:15pm
John, I am so sorry for your loss, your family and Steve will be in our prayers.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 2:24pm
OH MY GOD.... This is horrific news John.

Our thoughts and prayers go out in numbers to those that were close to Steve.

His presence was always a great sign during reunion time. For those whom never met Steve, you missed meeting a gem in the boating community, and as a true brother to the CCfan nation. He will always be remembered as one genuinly cool guy !!

Very tragic and way to young..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 2:32pm
John,
    So sorry to hear of your loss. We met steve two years ago at the Green Lake Reunion as well and spent the better part of the last day skiing with him and Keith behind the orange crush. He was one of the few to brave the cold waters that year. Even after only meeting him briefly and chatting every now and then I consider him a good friend. As you can see above, he touched a lot of people, me including, and was a great friend! Please let us know if there is anything we can help out with and where we can send flowers and gifts. He will be greatly missed!

All the best
Chris and Alicia
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 2:48pm
Hangin with the Ripster at GL09. You will be missed!

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 2:48pm
John, I am very sorry for your loss. Steve was a great guy, and I always had fun when I was with him.

R.I.P.ster
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 4:10pm
My condolences go out to the family and friends of Steve. Obviously a huge loss to the CCFAN family.

Chelle
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 4:39pm
i hope this isn't inappropriate...but, how did he die while skiing??

i never met him, but sounds like he was a great guy...tragic indeed.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 4:43pm
Thoughts and prayers go out to the Rypel Family.

We'll miss ya Steve.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 4:53pm
I cant believe this.

please let me know when the services are. Im in Milwaukee and I would very much like to be there t pay my respects. Miss you Steve.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 5:11pm
Very sad indeed. Leaves a very empty feeling today.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 5:18pm
Sad sad news..my condolences to the family...
kapla
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

... We met steve two years ago at the Green Lake Reunion as well and spent the better part of the last day skiing with him and Keith behind the orange crush. He was one of the few to brave the cold waters that year. ....

Steve was always out there in the mornings at Green Lake and this year was no different. Despite being one of the last to leave the Goose Blind the night before, you could always count on Steve launching his boat and ready to ski early in the morning.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

He did pass doing what he loved with a great bunch of people from this site, our hearts go out to all those involved.

Those were the same words Steve's father used last night when he notified us of his son's passing.

We are not sure exactly what the cause of death was, it would appear it was some sort of medical issue however that is purely speculation at this point.

Steve had just finished a tandem Barefoot run by letting go, the adjacent skier let go as well, Steve was coherent and speaking making no mention of any issue, as the boat returned to pick up the skiers Steve lost consciousness, he was immediately pulled up on the platform at which point everyone went into action, 911 call, CPR, etc. The medics met us at the pier within minutes of our call and Steve was then transported to the hospital.

Not sure how to put into words how sad and tragic last evening was for all of us involved, keep reminding myself as Norm Rypel, Alan & others have stated, "Steve did pass doing what he loved" and when you are called home it's simply your time.

Steve will be missed!!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 6:27pm
Sad news for sure. Leaving the world doing something you love and apparently from the above story not suffering was a plus, but tradgic non the less. My Condolences to his family and to those CCF that new him. I know he will be missed.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 6:35pm
Chris,
Again, I'm very sorry for you all. I hope "time" doesn't take to long for you all to get through this tragedy.

I'm sure Mr. Rypel will give you the details on Steve's service. Please post it so we can get together and show his family how important he was to us..

Thanks
Dave
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 6:43pm
Mine and Mrs. Wakeslayers thoughts and prayers go out to Steve's family. Way too young.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic