NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Midwest Reunion Recap and Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

There has got to be a Kristof or quinner story somewhere.

Tim,
The only one I've got on Kristof is he did end up praying to the "porcelain goddess" one night. Hmm, I wonder if that was the night he was intoduced to the shot ski!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The only one I've got on Kristof is he did end up praying to the "porcelain goddess" one night.

It was probably the great Ale that was brewed in the U.S.A. Somebody musta tossed him a Old Milwakee. That'd make anybody start praying to the porcelin Gods.

Reid, why does Barney and CQ being mentioned in the same sentence NOT surprise me.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

The only one I've got on Kristof is he did end up praying to the "porcelain goddess" one night.

It was probably the great Ale that was brewed in the U.S.A. Somebody musta tossed him a Old Milwakee. That'd make anybody start praying to the porcelin Gods.

Reid, why does Barney and CQ being mentioned in the same sentence NOT surprise me.

Wonder how Kristof is handling that Loosiana coffee?

First year at Lake George, the lady water Sheriff was pretty sweet on CQ, too.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 6:47pm
Well as for the Kristof and CQ stories... JBear asked me on the phone after CQ called him and handed his phone over to me: "You are alone in a car with Chris Quinner??? Are you out of your mind???"
Next day I mentionned to CQ somewhere: "Chris, you are a seriously deranged person... But then again, it takes one to know one..."

It was an absolutely fantastic weekend!!! I loved every minute of it.
But next time I'll stick to beer at the Goose Blind, since I apparently do not handle shot ski's that well... Sorry for that guys and gals...

Keith, thanks for so many things man, amongst which the great ski lesson!!

Lots more to tell, but I need some time first to adjust to the different country I'm in know
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 6:59pm
What a great time for my 1st GL visit. The only downside was that I didn't plan enough time for the trip. There was just way too much for this guy to cram into a day and a half. CC overload. Next year it'll be Thurs-Mon for sure. This has been my first taste of real comradeship since leaving the Marines in '04. Thank you all, with a special thanks to Quinner, Kristof, and Scott/Amie.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Lots more to tell, but I need some time first to adjust to the different country I'm in know

I hope Billy is taking good care of you down there in Gator Country.
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 7:46pm
Seems like you all had a great time there!!
I still need some help with pics and faces though!!! many I can get them, but some not.
Kristof
I thought Chantal was going with you..what happened?
Well as always hope i can make it some day....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Kristof
I thought Chantal was going with you..what happened?
Well as always hope i can make it some day....

Seb,
The way I understand the scenario, is Kristof convinced Chantal to stay behind so she could work at the sandwich shop and make some money to pay for his trip. Now personally, I feel kristof had to do do lots of talking to her!!! Most likely so he could come over and do some vacation time/wildness on his own!!     He did BTW live up to the wildness aspect!! It was like letting a wild animal out of a cage. No matter what the scenario was, it was absolutely fantastic meeting him. I was happy to find out that the sandwich shop she opened up is doing great. It's sort of a Subway and burger shop combined - hot burgers and cold cut sandwiches. (I wish she posted on site - we might get her "side of the story" !!!

I don't want to forget Roger. He and I, I feel really got together great due to our woodworking backgrounds. Fantastic person to talk too!! I hope he'll post soon after he gets done with a graduation. he was flying back directly to go to his daughter's graduation - I think with no sleep with the exception of what he got on the plane!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 10:55pm
Sounds like a great time. It's really great that Roger and Kristof went.
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 11:35pm
I really had a Great time! Thanks to all involved. The clinics were very helpful. The only one I missed was Kristof's Drinking 101 At the Goose blind! It was nice to meet some of the wonderful people on this site and enjoyed the City of Green Lake. Monty
sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 12:12am
Thanks a million to everybody who does all the work so people like me can have all the fun!! Green Lake was AWESOME! I'll be coming back with some photos but here is a link to some video footage, check it out!

Finally a 2001!!!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 12:38am
Thanks Paul love the Top Gun music touch to the volleyball game.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 12:41am
Paul

The video was cool, but it does not do justice to the actual event. As the camera was up in the air when the passengers were flying about the boat. Thanks again Joe for the awesome ride.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 1:30am
Another great year in GL. Great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Some of my favorite pics of the weekend:

Edit: Camera issues. I have more that I'll post more when I get time.

81Nautique on the grill Thursday night

Mrs 81Nautique sampling the corn

Emilie (daughter of 81Nautique) and Emily (my daughter) on the pier with "the" 81

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 1:44am
Starting in the front: Dana (Mrs 81Nautique), Beth (Mrs M3fan), Emilie (daughter, 81Nautique), Dena (Mrs Rleinen79), Pat and Wendy Allen (P/allen) and of course the 97 SNOB in the background

Joel (M3fan) and Austin (son of Overmyhead)

L to R: M3fan, 81Nautique, Todd (Weitekamp), Steve (ripster92), Rich??, ???, and David (overmyhead)

Sorry on some of the names guys....a lot to take in. These were in the campground one night.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 1:47am

Miami Vice

Nice clip Paul....

You guys had to much fun, I can tell.

Dave
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 3:09am
Here is a video of Joel teaching my son Austin to barefoot. This is the first run. apparently you are supposed to turn the phone horizontal when videoing. Who knew. Cock your head and enjoy.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 3:37am
Just loaded some of my pics.

Quinner and the crew

Josh (Hawktique), Kristof, Chris (Quinner)

Amie and Scott (SWC5150)

Ripster92 and the Hawktique (my favorite pic)
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 4:00am
hey some of you guys need a couple of hour of sun bathing!!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 7:12pm
Pete your right we can not forget Roger. I quite enjoyed talking with Roger each night over some beers. I found it very funny, when Roger said he likes Bud Light over the ales.
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 7:24pm

I don't want to forget Roger. He and I, I feel really got together great due to our woodworking backgrounds. Fantastic person to talk too!! I hope he'll post soon after he gets done with a graduation. he was flying back directly to go to his daughter's graduation - I think with no sleep with the exception of what he got on the plane!!!

Hi Pete, thanks for your kind words in this thread and the other, It was a honor to meet you and all the guys,your boat is one of a kind which has to be seen, as photo's don't do it justice, great to talk about woodwork and how its done in the USA.

Had a good trip back all on time, even had my case repacked by the US Gov must have set off alarm bells with all the steel parts and bottles of liquid in it, I must say they repack far better than me.

Your right had little sleep from Sat through to Mon night but it worked out as I was too tired to care what my ex wife and surprise guest her mother said in the car,but the end result was my pay off a proud Dad,

Thanks guys for making me so welcome I have so many thank from Team Reid , Joe and the coosa board he brought to show me, I will post my puictures now I'm catching up with sleep.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 7:56pm
Thanks guys for checking out the vid! I know I didn't get every boat, but its hard to run a camera with that much action all around me. More to come...
Finally a 2001!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by sandstpf sandstpf wrote:

Thanks guys for checking out the vid! I know I didn't get every boat, but its hard to run a camera with that much action all around me. More to come...

Paul,
I just now had the opportunity to see your vid at home. No sound at work and my old computer there running windows 98 really does not like to run youtube vids. Fantastic job. I loved it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 10:37pm
Roger,
I'm glad to hear you made it back "safe and sound" and in time for your daughters graduation. seeing the picture and her good looks, she must take after your X!! The pleasure of meeting you was mine. Fantastic that this site has brought together people from all over. Keep up the good work with that MDF and that high tech finish you're using! I think the UK has got "one up" on the US!    

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 11:02pm
James same thing with us both Jo and I prefered Miller Lite to your ales.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 12:11am
Just let the people speak who tasted some of that Belgian brew I brought along to the cookout...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 9:41am

Roger,
I'm glad to hear you made it back "safe and sound" and in time for your daughters graduation. seeing the picture and her good looks, she must take after your X!! The pleasure of meeting you was mine. Fantastic that this site has brought together people from all over. Keep up the good work with that MDF and that high tech finish you're using! I think the UK has got "one up" on the US!    

Roger
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 9:44am
Reid's team of elite athletes in training these guys are at the top of there game but still found time to let me train with them, true champions.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 11:31am
Roger,

The pleasure was all ours in helping England learn how to party USA style. It was great meeting you and Kristoff. Congrats on your daughter's graduation. I have to agree with Pete, your X must be very actractive.

I also want to thank everyone that made this weekend possible. I had a blast. The Thursday night cookout was great. I also want to think Reid, Rodney and Jerry for the transportation, boat rides and housing. The BBC was well represented. I also want to thank Chris Quinner for the multiple nights of spooning. Heck, even Hollywood ( AKA: Hardly Wood) joined in on the spooning action Sunday night. We all three shared a camper. I had to sleep on my back for four nights. It adds new meaning to making sure you have your plug in.   

Thanks again everyone.

Donald
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 11:43am
Paul,

Excellent video compilation. Of course the subject matter was good, but on top of that you have a real good (artistic) eye for catching things.

-Larry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic