NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show Off Old Water Ski Photos!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 12:47am
Where did you find that Adam? Boy is that old! Dennis looks to be about 10 (40 now) and yeah my hair looks brown..still long tho.

Our club, The West Shore Water Ski Club used to do a icebreaker every year. Always cold and windy. We would hit Lake Erie as close to April Fools day as we could. Always good for tv and newspaper coverage.

Man I got loads of these kind of old pictures. Just need to figure out how to scan them in.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:09am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Very cool old videos! Or is that 8mm?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:14am
1981 Show Nationals

1984 Show Nationals (Aqua Jays Boats)

Pix with Oxleys and Augensens with my Dads first '72 Nautique

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:26am
Originally posted by skierbrant skierbrant wrote:

16 mm. About 15 years ago my dad transferred about 6 hours of old movies from the 30s, when he was a kid, to the 60s to VHS, narrated them and put the music in. They have since been transferred to DVD.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:26am
SkierOx and me in the late 70's

Wis Dells

My Dad learned to Barefoot at age 42

Me and my Dad (I think these are the only pictures of him and I barefooting together.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:33am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

16 mm. About 15 years ago my dad transferred about 6 hours of old movies from the 30s, when he was a kid, to the 60s to VHS, narrated them and put the music in. They have since been transferred to DVD.

Thats awesome! When my Dad passed away in '03, my sister took all of the 8mm film and had them transfered onto DVDs and added music. They turned out really good. I think 3/4 of the videos my dad took were all skiing! I have a ton of old photos that I would like to make a slide video on DVD.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:39am
Here are photos of my Dads '82 in Jan '83. The boat now lives in Georgia down the street from my sister!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:47am

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 12:49pm

1981 Show Nationals

This appears to be the first photographic evidence Ive seen of the famous "Show Nautique" (far right). Very cool! A friend of ours had one- I was never sure if it was legit or not.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:20pm
^ ditto.

Yep, looks like the Show Nautique! I emailed this thread to ultrahots.

The Jay's boat also looks like it has a big block, someone bought that identical boat, color scheme and BBC, in Texas on the2001.com a few years ago.

Love your pictures Brant!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:34pm
man great pics there!!!
mine old pic will show my dad´s boat outboard with a 2strokes jonsohn engine 175hp from the 80´s ha that sucker liked the gas..and oil of course. I had it till 95..
first nautique I ever saw and ride behind actually it, was the one I own now. I remember falling in love with it the first time I saw it that was around 96. Good for me I was able to buy it a couple of years later after a few attemps....
prior to the wakeborading boom only a few skiers had MC or SN. With the raise of this new sport people got interested and by mid 90´s people started buying this kinda boats....
My nautique despite being +17 years, still is a head turner...

not so old pics about 7 years ago at the podium after wining one of the locar championship stops held in Cordoba
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 2:03pm
Is it just me or does that old-school boom just scream death?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 2:07pm
I always love kapla's pictures too...
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 3:30pm
These old pictures are great. I hope 30 years from now my kids will have pictures like this of our adventures.

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I always love the cute girls in kapla's pictures too...

FIFY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Is it just me or does that old-school boom just scream death?

My dad made that boom from hollow aluminum pipe to teach us kids how to ski. Never pulled alot of weight until about 1979 when we started trying to barefoot. The first time we tried to barefoot with the boom, it bent. We put a steal pipe inside and it worked great after that! "No one ever got injured during the use of this product"!!! Ha Ha
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:30pm
Just curious where did your dad get the idea for the boom
davee40
lakeland,fl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:34pm
Honestly, I am not sure. If I had to guess, I would have to say Brett Wing. We had an old barefoot book of his and it had a similar type of looking boom. He used to live for skiing just like I am and he was always working on something with boats and skiing!
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:44pm
Well im sure someone had the original idea and they probably never got to capitalize on it ,with all the brainiacs here im sure we all have made or built something for our boats or our sport and never gave a second thought about putting a patent on it.
davee40
lakeland,fl
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:51pm
Tim,
Was it you that posted that old picture of a 50's wood with a boom on it? I'll do a search but using the proper key word will be a challenge!!!

EDIT: That was easier than I thought!! Here's the picture.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:59pm
Good memory, Pete! These are from Tom Roach at Adirondack Marine, circa 1961:

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Good memory, Pete!

Sometimes!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 5:07pm
Check out that surf board! We could have had wake boarding back in the 60's!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 5:33pm
Yeah, that's pretty cool. So surfing behind the boat isn't as new as I thought.

I love the old school "waist" floaters people wore back then. Are those kind of the equivalent of the comp vests of today?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 5:34pm
I thought it was a large coozie you jamb beers in around your waist?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 5:41pm
LOL!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 5:56pm
Do you know what year the Liz allen award picture was taken?

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 6:11pm

My wife and her boat, the 68 im restoring for her. She had a cool boat, I was still skiing behind our old geneva with a 60hp johnson back then, till dad upgraded to the 115 and then finally on to the 75 mustang in the early 80s
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 6:20pm
[QUOTE=harddock] Do you know what year the Liz allen award picture was taken?QUOTE]

I will have to look and see if there was a date on the slide.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 6:28pm
so it looks as if someone at toms ski school started the boom for training ,even though they stuck it in the back of the boat,i was only 1 year old when that pic was taken,so cool
davee40
lakeland,fl
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 8:57pm
Very cool shot.That boat I believe was sold to the Solberg family here in Madison as they had a blue one.They sold it to a high school friend and eventually it was traded in to a local Mastercraft dealer.From there it turned into dust as I cannot find anything on it anymore.Can you make out the Registration #'s on it ? JR's red/white/ and blue trimmed boat did have a 454 in it.Keep the pics coming.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic