Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63 Debonaire

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 63 Debonaire
    Posted: September-09-2008 at 9:04pm
I am currently looking at a 1963 Debonaire. From what I understand these are very rare boats. This boat originally had the 250 hp Rolls Royce engine and belonged to an actress in Conneticut. I would appreciate any information anyone has on this boat and if there are any resources for parts out there.

Thanks
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 10:25pm
Does it still have the Rolls in it and who was the actress? If you run out of options you can drop it here. We will 'dispose of properly'?!!?   

Pics?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 11:10pm
The rolls engine is no longer in it. As far as the actress is concerned, I do not know her name, all i know is that she had a devout affection for the color pink, pink Aston Martins, pink dogs, and a pink Debonaire. As far as "disposing" of the boat. I hope to fully restore the boat myself to her original glory, that is why i was asking for more information. Anyone have and good ideas for engine options? I was thinking either a Mercury Racing 525EFI or a Banks 6.6 Duramax
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 11:27pm
Pink Debonaire? I think there is a "pink nautique" picture on this site somewhere!
You're at the right place Michael. There will soon be more suggestions for an engine than you can imagine. Welcome and post some pictures of that boat!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:54am
Welcome 69barri, I will get with Mr.Ralph tomorrow to see if he know's anything about this pink boat..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:57am
Thread jack...sorry..

Dave: I wanna touch base with you tomorrow..cell phone or office?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 1:00am
Sorry, for the people that don't know the name Mr.Ralph. I am speaking about the one and only Mr. Ralph Meloon.    69Barri, I'm the one would you e-mailed earler today!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 1:05am
Big Bear call me on the cell around 11:00am or later in the day. Or call me now..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 1:06am
Is the cell the 956 number?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 1:07am
407 766-7535
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 1:44am
Sounds like a cool old boat, please post some pics
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 7:32am
Originally posted by 69barri 69barri wrote:

I hope to fully restore the boat myself to her original glory, that is why i was asking for more information. Anyone have and good ideas for engine options? I was thinking either a Mercury Racing 525EFI or a Banks 6.6 Duramax

Michael, I'm confused!! You what to restore the boat and these are your ideas for a engine? Certainly not a restoration!! You must be into off shore fishing boats where the norm is to repower with modern engines.

The Debonaire is a 20' so you do have quite a choice as far as what would have come out of the factory. In 63, the most common would have been the Chryslers and Interceptors but Gray and even Crusaders too. Small blocks and big blocks. HP's from 210 to 400! The 400 is the Interceptor 427 (the standard 427 was 330 HP)The Rolls is listed as a 250 HP.

I urge you to do a true restoration on this rare boat or find someone that will do it- don't screw it up. There are 0 listings between 61 and 65 for this glass hull in the ACBS directory or in our diaries here!!!

How about some pictures?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 1:56pm
atleast use a factory correct block, now whether or no the the internals are all stock that's a different story, nice big block 427 gives you some options on exhaust and power to boot so please heed Pete's suggestion and you mite be surprized what the orginal builders can do for you too, sure they wouldn't mind the PR opportunity's this could bring from this vinteage boat in a restored state.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 2:30pm
Michael,
I too would try and stay with an original optioned engine for a boat like this!

Got any pics you can post? Would LOVE to see it!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 3:55pm
427 blue? plenty of those around if you go to the Chrissy Craft sites
or 427 orange Pete?
"the things you own will start to own you"
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 5:17pm
I'm sure many of us are very interested in learning more about your find. Please keep us updated with what you learn. In return, we'd sure do everything we could to help you out.

And if you pass on the deal, please, please let us know. Many folks here will see to it that she'd would be returned to her original glory.
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 5:26pm
I appreciate the input on the engine choice, and personally have no problem putting in a nice 427. The boat is without an engine now so I would be starting from scratch. Anyone know the type of transmission for this boat? Prop size? etc... I will not pass up on this deal, I love Correct Craft boats and will be sure to do a thorough and immaculate job restoring this boat to her former glory.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 5:36pm
Sounds good. Would love to watch the progress.

Hard top or open?
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 5:41pm
As far as I know it is open, I have actually never seen the boat and am going off solely what the owner has told me. He said that the boat is mostly complete with the original hardware, a huge plus, and is in restorable condition. I have been trying earnestly for the past couples days to convince the owner to sell it but he has to "sleep on it" the boat was for sale previously, so i have high hopes that it will be again, and i can take the long, but worthwhile drive to CT to go and get it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 5:44pm
Michael, I'd look for a complete engine and trans (1960's) take out from a repower. Most likely it will have a B/W velvet drive trans on it. Rebuild it and drop it in. A good place to look is in the classifieds on marineengine.com

Is the strut still on the boat? Prop shaft? It will give you a idea on the correct diameter prop they equipped it with from the factory. Clearance to the hull from the OD of the prop is supposed to be 10% of the props dia. The pitch will be determined by the HP you find. I have a feeling you have got lots of work to do before you get to that point!!

Eric, The Interceptor 427 would be that light blue - green. The same that Reid used on his 390. If Michael finds a 427 Gray, then it would be red!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 7:59pm
I've got a complete 413 Chrysler 280 HP Rev Rot which was one of the engines on that list of options. It has a BW 72-C trans on it as well. Not that it makes any difference, but if it's a 63, then I don't believe the 427, blue, red, orange or green, would have been available yet. The 400 I saw in a brochure was a '65 I believe. And Pete, I think Eric was just questioning the Ford or Chevy thing with his color question.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 8:06pm
Pretty rare boats. Wonder what ever happened to this one?

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5269&KW=debonaire
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 8:33pm
Reid, You are correct that I did get the brochure I posted from the 65 ref. section. Give or take a couple of years for the engine won't make a difference since he doesn't have the original so his choices are many!! Too bad the Rolls isn't around!! I've never seen one, have you??

I do know that Eric was referring to the GM - Ford colors - I was just trying to confuse him by adding in another color engine!

The 413 would be nice. Did you find it in the list of options in the 1965 too?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 12:29am
Hey reid do you have any interest in selling that motor trans combination?? I am located in Orlando so maybe we could arrange a meeting halfway or something. Are parts readily accessible for that engine?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 1:35am
69barri, did you get my e-mail from Mr. Ralph..
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 1:59am
no i did not, did you send it to mikesemail678@yahoo.com ??
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 2:23am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Reid, You are correct that I did get the brochure I posted from the 65 ref. section. Give or take a couple of years for the engine won't make a difference since he doesn't have the original so his choices are many!! Too bad the Rolls isn't around!! I've never seen one, have you??

I do know that Eric was referring to the GM - Ford colors - I was just trying to confuse him by adding in another color engine!

The 413 would be nice. Did you find it in the list of options in the 1965 too?

Pete, my backwoods butt has never seen a Rolls in person either. I'd like to. About those colors, Eric is always trying to stir the manufacturer's pot, isn't he. The 413 was available for purchase as shown in the '65 brochure, and was sold by Chrysler for several years after that.

Originally posted by 69barri 69barri wrote:

Hey reid do you have any interest in selling that motor trans combination?? I am located in Orlando so maybe we could arrange a meeting halfway or something. Are parts readily accessible for that engine?

Michael, I am willing to cut loose this 413, and I'm not sure you'll have a big problem with parts. However, they'll be harder to come by and more expensive than those parts for a modern engine naturally. Furthermore, I would only suggest this engine for originality's sake. Scroll thru this Chrysler thread and you'll find a pict of where I tried unsuccessfully to install the engine in a '68 Nautique (bottom pict of 4), and you'll find discussion of it also, I believe.    http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9505&KW=413
You'd have plenty of room in your boat I believe. As noted in the thread, I feel the engine needs a rebuild to be a confident option. If you have an interest, I will be in Orlando in the coming weeks to pick up a boat from SECC and could drop it off. I'm headed to Lake George in the AM so may not pick up questions here for a few days. Don't hesitate to call. 704-451-5080.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 2:45am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

If you have an interest, I will be in Orlando in the coming weeks to pick up a boat from SECC and could drop it off.

If this is the case..when can we expect to see you? Wanna stay here?

Have a great time at LG.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 8:11am
Have any of our members from the other sde of the pond seen a Rolls Marine??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 10:18am
Ha
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic