Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Since I was 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Since I was 12
    Posted: August-12-2008 at 12:47am
I've wanted this boat since I was 12. These colors. This year. And I've got it half way home.

the rudder and prop are actually about 1 1/2" above the road. Too close.
I bought it Sat night from some great people who have loved it. I just need an axle and some hubs to get her on my lake now.
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 12:49am

Yeah it's in MI. I'm in IL.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 1:07am
Andy,

Congratulations on the new boat and welcome to the site. Don't let a little hiccup like that on your way home with it discourage you. It's the first of many. But we love them anyway and they are well worth the occasional maintenance challenges. Good luck and enjoy. Hey, it happens to the most seasoned boaters.

Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 1:17am
I was once told that if it floats, flies, or fornicates, rent it.

I'm also looking to take flying lessons in the near future.

I'm far from discouraged. Just boatless. It was beautiful outside today. I had to come in to look for an axle on the net.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 1:58am
Andy here's a couple of places-
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm

http://abctrailerparts.com/

I've found some parts for mine with that 1st link.
And like Paul in the pic above,I'm out tonight pulling my hubs apart again.Turns out the cheap bearing covers I'm using are no good.Lost one on the way up to GL and the other side on the way home blew out the seal.I went and ordered actual Bearing Buddies with their seal kit and what a difference. Good luck hope the rest of the trip was better.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 2:25am
Just a bit longer and you will have it in the lake and grinning from ear to ear...
Here is another site that I use for many trailer parts..

http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/

Welcome and good luck
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 2:28am
Welcome Andy! Here's to much better luck in the future.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 2:40am
Great boat, good colors but I am a little biased. I think your screwed on the axle, had to have one made when it happened to me last year. I would see if there is a local guy that makes trailers or axles someone in the business can whip one up pretty quick but all the standard ones I found are just a little different. Congratulations on the boat you will be skiing on her soon...
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 3:03am
Thanks everyone. Its at a tow yard right now. The owner is a friend of a friend. He's going to a local marina to try to get something together up there. If not I think my Googleing skills have almost exhausted me so far. BUT I think I found a place that seems fair and easy to deal with, although kind of far away. Tired, and signing out.
Andy

http://www.freedomaxle.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=1218&categoryID=5
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 3:20am
Welcome Andy. Great story as always with these boats.

Aside to Paul...real cool look...white socks and sandals. That boat even looks good on the trailer tho.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 11:24am
Not to continue to dump on Paul here, but is his working on his hubs right in the middle of the gas island anything like those people that wait until they are half way down the boat ramp before spending 45 minutes loading the gear and kids and making sure their boat works?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 12:11pm
Andy, Not sure what kind of help I can be right now but once you get it home look me up if you need a hand with anything. I'm in Big Rock probably less than 30 minutes from you.

Where will you be boating? Lake Holiday or the Illinois river? If you ever need a third look us up as we're always hunting for someone to ski with.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 12:19pm
Andy,
Congrats, on the boat, am glad that nothing worse came of the accident.

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Aside to Paul...real cool look...white socks and sandals.
john

Now that was funny! I guess Paul thought since has an old boat he should dress the part.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Andy,
Congrats, on the boat, am glad that nothing worse came of the accident.

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Aside to Paul...real cool look...white socks and sandals.
john

Now that was funny! I guess Paul thought since has an old boat he should dress the part.

Chuck

Cut Paul some slack guys... he's only wearing white socks because his black ones were dirty!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 2:37pm
At least they are not crocs...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I still remember seeing Joe's feet in those things in the pictures he posted last summer!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 4:26pm
I remember seeing them tapping in the stall at the campground at GL. I sent quinner in to investigate.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 4:30pm

be careful.. the Boat Dr was wearing them at GL...and quite proudly I might add!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 4:33pm
"Loud and Proud", I'm aware of the motto.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 5:47pm
Sheesh, at least they are ankle socks.

And weren't all the young swells intentionally wearing socks and sandals a few years back?

Welcome and congrats on your new old boat. When you are here, just make sure to follow one golden CCF rule:

Thread jacks and off topic tangents are strictly forbidden.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 5:55pm
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 6:36pm

Do I see a sweet pair of gray crocs in the last pic on this thread?
Reid rollin in the Crocs

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Booty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 6:48pm
I think everyone has had a bearing failure at one time or another. I go tru mine every season because I tow a lot and I switched to a marine grease, and I had a falure . I carry a set of spare bearings and races to. Good looking boat just a little setback. I went back to my old tryed and true grease after the failure.
Booty
82,2001 82,2001
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 6:56pm
You kids are swimming in the haterade, I was rocking my sweet epoxy coated red/pink crocs at the biggest local outdoor event of the summer this very Sunday, style does not figure into my recreation. I feel bad for your feet...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 7:00pm
I admit that I do rock the Crocs. I have even worn socks with my Crocs. But it is as if we have one of those invisible fence systems, the Croc's don't leave the yard.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 7:34pm
I just hope none of your kids have them on while riding an escalator!!!

Tull, you're saying you're a closet croc man?!!?   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 11:31pm
I just got off the phone with Dave, the tow guy. He picked up an axle for me. I'll be heading back up to MI this Sat. Hopefully with enough money.

I wear old fashioned sandals. Sometimes with jeans. Can't bear the thought of being caught with Croc's. The way I see it their like the Birkenstock of the new decade. All you fashion sluts.

Not too sure I'll be able to get registered in Lake Holiday this year. They only gie out so many numbers per year, per craft type. Might hit up the IL though. It'd be nice to have someone else around for the initial launching. I think I have seen your boat in Hinkley at the BP. Kinda early on a Sat morning, and I had to get my butt to work, or I would have stopped.

Thanks for not jacking this thread though.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 11:44pm
Andy,

Good luck with the Axle and getting your boat home!

I did a year on Lake Holiday, had a buddy that owned some property on the lake, must have been 88' or 89', had to put those crazy Big Red numbers on the side of my hull. Managed to avoid any tickets that year which was an accomplishment, IIRC there was a book of rules out there.

Welcome and Take Care,

Chris

PS, no Crocs in my closet!!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

PS, no Crocs in my closet!!

No room with all the skeletons...
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 12:44am
Yeah the numbers are like 8" tall and bright red. LAME. The rule book isn't so bad. Under 20'. Under 290hp for IB. No racing. Nothing that can sustain flight.

Croc Free since 1977
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic