Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Something you won’t see everyday.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
summitnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something you won’t see everyday.
    Posted: May-25-2008 at 10:15pm
I think I may have posted this along time ago but this time I have pictures. So my ride is an 87 2001. However its a bit unique compared to others. The 87's power plant is not a 351 Ford but a 360 Chrysler. So here is the story... I bought the boat in Michigan from a the original owner who's brother worked for Chrysler Marine. Supposedly this boat was a demo which CC was experimenting with but never put into production. I believe this was around the time when CC used Chrysler Marine Vinyl. I called CC and asked - the guy who I talked to wasn't sure but said it was possible.    Anyway it been a great boat only has 810 hours so I am happy. It is kind of lame that everyone on here with an 87 has advice for a 351 or 454 so for part I can use SKIDIM. But the only thing I have had to do is put a new carb on and adjust for altitude. Thought I would share would love hear you comments or if anyone has heard of this boat.

-Ryan

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 12:14am
Nice boat, Nice truck, great view!

What state are you in? Looks like Colorado. Summit County?   Lake Dillon per chance?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 1:07am
Now that's cool!
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 9:33am
Ryan,
Nice and clean!!

Sounds like you have a one of a kind!!

I see the inside of your motor cover is white. Mine is black. I wonder why? Perhaps it is custom for your motor???

I see you have a throw cushion sitting on the drivers seat. I presume so you can see better over the windshield, right? I had the same problem until I raised by seat by ~3" with some SS brackets I made.

Glen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 3:00pm
Thanks. Yup - Summit County. Can't ski on Dillon but Green Mountain lake is only about 20 mins away. I think my motor box is a touch bigger the 360 stands taller then a 351. Thats a good idea with the drivers seat - yeah new project.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 6:55pm
Pretty nice boat, you will have to let us know how she performs...
IMHO, you should keep the throwable on your driver seat, many states require the driver to have one within reaching distance when pulling a skier and its just a good idea to have one even if not required by law, if your sitting on it you'll always know where it is....
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
tjeffery72Mus. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjeffery72Mus. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 9:41pm
I think thats bad a$$ man, nice boat and an awesome engine, whats the horse power on that??? I used to go to Horsetooth Res. that is just west of Ft. Collins Colorado, but you dont see many CCs around there. Nice boat man...
The Guy.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 1:18pm
Very cool, and rare! Looks like it has the larger box that usually went over 454's.

Is that a marine carb?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 2:51pm
HP is 275 on it. Works great. Yeah it is a Marine Carb. It is a Holley 4175 which replaced a Rochester QuadraJet. The challenge was to get the boat running right at 9,000 ft. Turns out the proper pitch on the prop helped the most. It will run about 45 which is pretty good for up here.

Holley
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 3:32pm
I see you have the death throttle on it too....

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 3:37pm
Nice boat. Is the 360 a big block? If so, it must have more torque than a 351.

Death throttle? You mean without the little release under the knob?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 4:25pm
No its a small block 5.9L. Death throttle? yeah I should prolly get the little release thing. Best I can do now is engine is always off while skiers are near the boat.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Yes.

Trying to get people to convert theirs:

Conversion

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Yes.
Trying to get people to convert theirs:
Conversion

Tim, Sounds like you're getting a commission on the MV-1 to the MV-2 group buy!! It's not a bad idea to convert but there are thousands of boats out there without interlocks. Most of the problems go back to people not being capable of driving a boat. Not much we can do about that!!

Bruce, I just checked to make sure my life insurance was paid up and am planning on stopping by the funeral home tomorrow to prepay. I sure wouldn't want to leave open ends for my family with this death throttle problem we have.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 12:43am
It's always cool to have a boat with a story behind it....a prototype motor qualifies for sure. The real question is, how does it sound?

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic