Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How fast!!!???!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How fast!!!???!!!
    Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:18pm
Hey guys.. I finally got my boat out and its running great. I was wondering however how fast your Correct Craft runs? I have a 351 in my 82 and without weight I am looking at 50ish on my gps. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas to "beef" up my 26yr old engine??
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:21pm
Sounds already beefed to me!
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:24pm
Is that boat on steroids?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:25pm
Joe, If you are running 50ish, I'd have to say that's pretty damn good! Ether that, or you need a new GPS. Why faster? To gain a few extra MPH, the mods can get extreme. It's not a very linear curve on HP to MPH.

Just ask the Doc!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:29pm
Show Off!
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:31pm
Hollywood, if you name your boat "off daily" and this guys races you and wins, what is he going to tell his friends?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:37pm
Probably nothing they already know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 12:57pm
Well sounds good. My 82 has 2200 hours on it but was rebuilt 350 hours ago. Kinda figured that was about right. My first boat was a Checkmate with a 90 horse on it. I booked but was really light, then i saw the nautique and well fell in love !!! It just looks so damn manly!!!
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 1:01pm
Yes it do but IMHO ANY WOMAN driving a Nautique is doggone sexy to me. Mine looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo much better when Kim is driving it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Joe, If you are running 50ish, I'd have to say that's pretty damn good! Ether that, or you need a new GPS. Why faster? To gain a few extra MPH, the mods can get extreme. It's not a very linear curve on HP to MPH.

Pete is correct- although personally I think "why faster?" is a ridiculous question. Why NOT?

The 2001 hull typically tops out around 42-45 with the stock 351w, in my experience. If youre truly running at 50, thats a sign that you either have a freakishly fast hull (some just pop out of the mold that way) or your engine was rebuilt with added power, or both.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

If youre truly running at 50, thats a sign that you either have a freakishly fast hull (some just pop out of the mold that way) or your engine was rebuilt with added power, or both.

Or your running in a river with the current to help.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by 82wake2001 82wake2001 wrote:

Well sounds good. My 82 has 2200 hours on it but was rebuilt 350 hours ago. Kinda figured that was about right.

Did I miss something! What was right?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 1:32pm
I think he's running down hill, with the wind.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 2:20pm
Most running "50ish" know their top speed to the tenth of 1 mph. "50ish" could mean 46 and could mean 54! I doubt someone running 52 mph would describe it as "50ish" as that extra 2 mph is hard to come by!

Matt
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Brktracer Brktracer wrote:

Most running "50ish" know their top speed to the tenth of 1 mph. "50ish" could mean 46 and could mean 54! I doubt someone running 52 mph would describe it as "50ish" as that extra 2 mph is hard to come by!

Matt

I'm thinking he's on to something here!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 3:08pm
Ah fellas the 50ish is because when i did hit 50 the water was completely glass.. the river comment was hilarious by the way but I am on a lake. With choppy water maybe get 45, or if i have people in the boat or any extras.(ex. cooler, seats, fat sacs.)
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 3:20pm
Joe, I was messing with you! 50 does seem to be a magic # around here...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 3:22pm
48mph we'll buy but 50 is pushing it a little maybe need to upgrade the GPS might help. but you will get beat down pretty good here with that comment and a stock motor. It takes a lot more than you think to get over the 50 mark in these boats.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by 82wake2001 82wake2001 wrote:

Ah fellas the 50ish is because when i did hit 50 the water was completely glass.. the river comment was hilarious by the way but I am on a lake. With choppy water maybe get 45, or if i have people in the boat or any extras.(ex. cooler, seats, fat sacs.)

Joe, Don't try to get out of the 50ish now!! You may have noticed that speed is taken very seriously with lots of our members and can be a very touchy subject. I also need to tell you that a "completely glass" water surface will not give you the greatest speed. A chop on the water will induce air under the hull that reduces the coefficient of friction of the water and will give you a faster speed. It's the reason that hydroplanes are so fast - hardly anything touching the water!

So, you were traveling down stream in a 5MPH current??? Don't be surprised if you get a invite to bring that boat to the GL reunion. There are plans in the works for a few friendly speed runs!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 3:28pm
dont these hulls see a little more speed with a slight chop?
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 3:35pm
If your boat runs 50 I want to challenge you to a tug of war.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 3:43pm
You guys are hilarious. Ya I am hoping to get to the reunion in Wisconsin....
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 5:14pm
I am not going to get into this pi**ing contest here.Getting 50 was not "REAL EXPENSIVE" but for every number after that costs.
Mine came from a ONE TWO punch. Excessive horsepower and reducing weight,not factoring in the props I have begged , borrowed and bought.......
Speed cost money, how fast can you afford to GO....................Boat dr

Tullfooter ???????

What was the "SHOW OFF" comment about ??
Was that a shot at me or Pete   ????
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Tullfooter ???????

What was the "SHOW OFF" comment about ??
Was that a shot at me or Pete   ????

Steve, I couldn't figure out you comment ether??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 7:13pm
i think everbody is mistaken, 50 means the average age of the guy's on the site
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 7:15pm
I'll be hitting 50 soon
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 9:13pm
I run 40ish with all 8 cylinders plugged in. Actually I'm afraid to go wot; I like all my 40 year old engine parts to stay right where they are.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 9:48pm
ours hit 50 every time we hit it full throtlle and that's with all the problem we have with our carb i wonder what we would get if the carb was 100%
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 11:38pm
k.o., yours runs fast because you're on that bouyant salt water. Just kidding, but I have heard that before. And by the way, your boat really does look great on that beautiful aqua water.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2008 at 11:44pm
yup our clear blue water and white beaches are awsome i never heard about the thing of salt water boyance. maybe i have to ask my phisycs teacher.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic