NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft today

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 8:56am
Hunter,

Lot's of support behind the reunions, GL in particular it goes from our members who are local to the area all the way to CC. CC has always sent 1 boat and driver (Adam W), last year Adam spent the whole day on the water teaching and pulling anyone who wanted to go, Ken Melloon and Dave Hendricks were at both reunions and brought TONS of giveaways. Dealer support has always been good as well, don't recall any dealer reps attending however.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 12:08pm
GL sounds like fun. Last year Lauderdale Lake
had a in the water boat show with 4 OR 5
New boats in the water to test. It helped a lot in seeing what each model had to offer.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Emergency thread jack!

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Its the main reason I buy Harleys its nice to be part of a group.

Dooooood,

I hope your kidding.

Mike

Doooooo you have a HD. Havvvvvvve you ever gone to a rally?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 12:58pm
Mike, don't question Mike's motorcycle awareness. Too many Mikes and their Bling boats!!!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 1:49pm

GL sounds like fun. Last year Lauderdale Lake
had a in the water boat show with 4 OR 5
New boats in the water to test. It helped a lot in seeing what each model had to offer.

We really started the reunions to get the chance for us CC-fans to meet each other, hang out, talk boats and drink beer.. It has, through the years grown with the aid of our sponsors, and interest to get together and drink more beer.

Yes, we do have envolvement from the factory and dedicated sponsors, but it is the "CC-fan" that makes these reunions what they are. We laugh, tease the liv'n crap out of each other, talk more boats, and yes, drink more beer...

We'll look forward to meeting you and yours here this summer, and a good time is basically gauranteed. Please look at it as a mini vacation with tons of your freinds who have really cool old and new boats. Just keep in mind, this is not a corporate event where you are going to get the chance to sample all the boats that CC has on the market. You will take some cool swag home, get the chance at some real nice CC and other boat related items, enjoy good food, oh and did I mention cold beer????

There will be boats from the 1950's on up and nowhere else will you see a collection of Correct Craft heritage in one place, and that includes the corporate events !!!

Bring your friends.....

Come on Spring..

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 2:07pm
Mike (nautiquehunter)
Dave (mojo) Explained the CCfan reunions very well and I'm in full agreement. It's NOT a corporate event and the desire is to keep it that way. Yes, they have representation there but it's not a "boat show" for them. If you're out looking for a boat, go to a dealer. If you want to have some fun and meet a great group of people, join us at the reunion. BTW, the new guys get to bring all the beer!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 2:09pm

What's a rally?........Bwahahahaha J/K Mike

I attend this rally everyday. Only one I've been to for the last 3 years.

I'm just poking fun at you dude. You gotta ride that bike for the RIDE itself and nothin' else. The commoraderie is just a nice side bonus.

Mojo's description of the reunion is pretty much right on. Believe me if you like to have a great time with a seemingly strange (at first) diversity of people you will love it. More fun & personal than any "bike rally" I've ever been to.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 3:25pm
Boat Show:

Green Lake:

Boat parade

Sunset at the Bayview

I think I like Green Lake better

Rob (See you at GL 09)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 3:30pm

What's a rally?........Bwahahahaha J/K Mike

I attend this rally everyday. Only one I've been to for the last 3 years.

I'm just poking fun at you dude. You gotta ride that bike for the RIDE itself and nothin' else. The commoraderie is just a nice side bonus.

Mojo's description of the reunion is pretty much right on. Believe me if you like to have a great time with a seemingly strange (at first) diversity of people you will love it. More fun & personal than any "bike rally" I've ever been to.

Mike

Right on is right. Better than any group I've ever been with. And there aren't any bad manners, just kidding around.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 9:15pm
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Tim and Bruce - Thanks for the nice comments about my boat.

I imagine the 19’6” Nautique ‘standard’ and 176 had a smaller profit margin than the other boats. I wonder how much that played a part in their relatively short production cycle. With space limited in the old factory, I’m sure it made more sense to dedicate the floor space to the boats that made the company the most money.

With the increased space the new factory affords it is certainly an option for CC to squeeze a new ‘standard’ 196 or new 176 into the model line as an entry level boat. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a high volume model, but it could find a niche.

I think a lot would depend on the MSRP.

Is there any way to cut costs during production? Example: Does it save time and money to use one color gel coat rather than spending time taping off the mold, removing and spraying a second color?

Does it save any time and/or money to use solid colored (probably white) vinyl on the seats, as opposed to sewing in colored accent panels? With piping and an embroidered logo a white interior would still look fine. And an interior with colored vinyl accents could always be an upgrade…

I’m sure any saving on these examples are negligible, but anything to lower the production cost.

Would a consumer buy an entry lever CC over a similarly priced I/O? Or even spend a little more than an I/O for the CC?

The CC would certainly have many advantages - better build quality and materials, resale/trade-in value, bigger motor, plus the advantages over the I/O (detailed in the 2009 brochure).

Using a 17’6” hull would also attract customers who might have a size restriction on their lake and the 19'6" boat is too big.

Is there a market for such a boat? Only CC can decide that… I know I'd like to see it.

Kyle
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 10:49pm
All,
I am sure that most of us boat owners are to some extent car enthusiast also. Personally, I would rather have a 70 Chevelle LS6 than a new Z06 Vette - feel free to chime in on that one everyone.
Taking this subject matter to a car manufacture level I wonder if CC could mirror some of the Mercedes Benz business models. As I am sure most of us are all aware a few years ago the typical Benz owners were a unique socio economic class but today it's a whole different story with some of the "cheaper" priced models they have come out with.
I do not feel there reputation for quality has been jeopardized and their reputation sure has not change (if your in college could you get more dates with a base equiped Benz CLK or a new Bayliner equivelant (Kia)?
Great topic to discuss and good dialogue from everyone.

Steve B. Indiana
SRB
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 11:20am
a base boat is 44k, with all the options it is 100k, so figure out where they are making thier money...
they have a bottem line, they dont want to sell the 44k boats
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 11:26am
BTW, the guys with the merecedes couldnt get laid in a whorehouse, thats why they buy them lol they lack social skills
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 12:43pm
Eric

Been good for over 6 years but will keep it in mind should it slow down
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 1:24pm
There is a beautiful 176 that just got posted in the For Sale section. It is a great looking boat.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by 220nautique 220nautique wrote:

i think they need higher standards for their dealers and really need to closely evaluate potential dealers backgrounds locations etc.

220's point here has been echoed in several other threads and that isn't good for CC. Yes, cheaper boats will probably sell better for the next two, maybe three years. But if your customer service sucks you're not going to sell much of anything. I would venture a guess that CC can't bring a new hull or line to market by this summer, so that cruise is booked for the next year and a half (sorry for the awful pun but I couldn't resist.) What they CAN do immediately is initiate a program to improve their customer service, both from headquarters and at the local level. I'm quite sure that come Monday morning they could find a few new ways to reach out to their current owners, reinforcing the brand loyalty that makes one more likely to return to the brand, even in tough economic times.   By this summer CC should be able to begin the overhaul necessary to bring a better buying experience to the local level where it meets the new boat buyer and sells that buyer on CC.   
There's no better time than right now to be weeding out the dealers that are dragging the CC purchasing and ownership experience trough the mud.

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 12:08am
Originally posted by burban65 burban65 wrote:

Personally, I would rather have a 70 Chevelle LS6 than a new Z06 Vette - feel free to chime in on that one everyone.

Amen to that.That's not to say I wouldn't take a Z06. My bro-in law took delivery of a 08 vette last May (435hp,not Z06) but well optioned & I must say I was extremely impressed when I drove it. That car is FFFFast and the corners,ohhhh the corners

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 11:10am
all i can say is in this economy, and with the other "ski boats" coming up as equals, lets face it the mc and bu's are right there with quality...the powers to be need to change the Correct Crafts sell themselves arrogant attitude, capitalizing a little to long and forgot the grass roots. if i were to buy a new boat I would consider 3 choices, 10 years ago it was one choice.
UK i was messing with the Mercedes commment, use your charm
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 1:17pm
Eric

I know all cool here,keep it up better that than nothing at all, now I know a transmission guy I don't believe what they say about them.

More to the point of the post when out in Greece 08 at one of the other resorts they where running 2 new SN with diesel engines, not sure if this is a factory fit or replaced by dealer, may not be big in US but can see a advantage in Euro zone and other high cost fuel countries.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 1:30pm
   That is a good point Eric. You can't really argue that MC and Bu do not build nice boats. For not die hard CC enthusiasts those manufacturers could be grabbing alot of potential customers through superior ad campaigns,exposure,etc. I would bet Malibu grabs alot of the "new" inboard customers. Their equivelent boats however are certainly not any less expensive than Correct Crafts.

You can't believe everything you see on the net, but I read that M/C has approximately 3 years worth of excess inventory sitting at the factory if sales numbers continue at the current rate. That cannot be good for them or the industry.

It will be an interesting year that's for sure.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 1:52pm
uk, its hard to imagine a diesel engine in a ski boat, but ski boats are perfect canidates for the diesel engines, nice pulling torque, better economy, easy to maintain rpms. now...if we could incorporate an economical z-drive...pull the boat instead of push the boat
I know if i was part of one of the big three ski boat manufacturer's, the R and D department would be doing thier jobs and get out front of the rest of these guy's.
to get out front you need to get to the next level.
I would build a diesel powered ski boat with a z-drive, (the z-drive is the prop in the front of the boat and also swivels to turn) the day will come......i said it before and got a lot of laughs
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 2:14pm

Eric

I think your right , I saw allot of this pull system on new boats at London Boat Show and some where not big craft, Volvo stand had complete set ups which are not that large.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 2:47pm

That is a good point Eric. You can't really argue that MC and Bu do not build nice boats. For not die hard CC enthusiasts those manufacturers could be grabbing alot of potential customers through superior ad campaigns,exposure,etc. I would bet Malibu grabs alot of the "new" inboard customers. Their equivelent boats however are certainly not any less expensive than Correct Crafts.

You can't believe everything you see on the net, but I read that M/C has approximately 3 years worth of excess inventory sitting at the factory if sales numbers continue at the current rate. That cannot be good for them or the industry.

It will be an interesting year that's for sure.

Mike

Malibu has become the successful company they are because of Correct Craft. They filled a void Correct Craft left open, both in marketing and price. Although, Mike you are absoltely correct that they no longer have anything on Correct Craft in terms of price. I think Malibu has forgot where they came from and have gotten away from their core, so now they're leaving a void open.

MC are just too expensive. $60k at the Boston boat show last year for a blinged up DD ski boat.

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 4:39pm
I also heard that MC has a 3 to 4 yr back log of boats in dealer inventory or at the factory. WHY produce any new boats. Some dealers here are sitting on 07 models.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

all i can say is in this economy, and with the other "ski boats" coming up as equals, lets face it the mc and bu's are right there with quality...the powers to be need to change the Correct Crafts sell themselves arrogant attitude, capitalizing a little to long and forgot the grass roots. if i were to buy a new boat I would consider 3 choices, 10 years ago it was one choice.
UK i was messing with the Mercedes commment, use your charm

Eric
I am new to CC but I can tell you from experiance searching for 1 1/2 years to buy a new [BLING]boat.I have spent a lot of time checking both BU and MC. When just looking they all look good but when you really start inspecting its easy to see the differences. I am not going to bash any boat but I didn't take my decision to buy CC lightly. As far as I can see the two top boats are CC then MC. It is true that MC has a lot of excess inventory and their pricing is out of line. They are up there with CC as a top line boat. Its good to look at what other builders offer but when the smoke clears anything other than CC is a step down.
PS being a newbie I understand the beer rule
what is the brand of choice?
220nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Terp Terp wrote:

Originally posted by 220nautique 220nautique wrote:

i think they need higher standards for their dealers and really need to closely evaluate potential dealers backgrounds locations etc.

220's point here has been echoed in several other threads and that isn't good for CC. Yes, cheaper boats will probably sell better for the next two, maybe three years. But if your customer service sucks you're not going to sell much of anything. I would venture a guess that CC can't bring a new hull or line to market by this summer, so that cruise is booked for the next year and a half (sorry for the awful pun but I couldn't resist.) What they CAN do immediately is initiate a program to improve their customer service, both from headquarters and at the local level. I'm quite sure that come Monday morning they could find a few new ways to reach out to their current owners, reinforcing the brand loyalty that makes one more likely to return to the brand, even in tough economic times.   By this summer CC should be able to begin the overhaul necessary to bring a better buying experience to the local level where it meets the new boat buyer and sells that buyer on CC.   
There's no better time than right now to be weeding out the dealers that are dragging the CC purchasing and ownership experience trough the mud.

That is exactly what I was trying to say. We all know the product is good but they are not reaching out to the first time buyer. They don't need to worry about new boats. They need monitor the dealers closer and train them just as much as anyone in Orlando. My dealer is located at one of the marinas some people don't even know about, not much publicity going on there.
220nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 9:20pm
I also meant to say that i went the boat show where I live over the weekend. Malibu had an awesome display they were pumping out music and they had big plasmas showing video footage of the boats. They even had professional wakeboarders and skiers talking about the boats with people. Nautique's setup was traditional as well as MC but the Nautique's reps where eating and talking to each other as people walked by. When i got near MC or Malibu i was greeted right away. The music and flat screens didn't impress me but to a new buyer they had great energy, atmosphere, and professionals selling their boats.

Oh yeah, I only knew about the professional wakeboarders and skiers because a Nautique rep told me to go and check it out.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 10:07pm
Now that you brought up this point I have to agree with you. I an not a first time buyer
and because of my experience I took time to
thoroughly check out the different boats. Looking back I can definitely see that both MC
and BU market their boats better. I think that
CC knows it has the best boats and assumes that everybody else knows that also. It would be easy to rush into a BU or MC listening to
what the salesman tells you. Because of
the high quality of the boats be happy with the decision and never know what separates CC from the others.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 10:11am
others, buy purely for looks...they are close enough in qaulity to sway buyers, unless you dig in and see the differences, you need something that stands out front and that's where the salesmanship comes in at the dealer level...10 years ago you could sell a CC out of a barn, not anymore
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 10:40am
"they are close enough in qaulity to sway buyers, unless you dig in and see the differences"

That's my impression. There all top quality. There's no noticable difference. You got to work on them and take them apart to see if there are any differences. I took the back seat out of my Sportster a few years ago (3 hour job) and was surprised at what I found. I haven't work on a new CC or MC, so I don't know how they compare.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic