NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winterizing ...Florida Style

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterizing ...Florida Style
    Posted: November-05-2006 at 3:53pm
hasbeenskier
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 7:15pm
hasbeen, I suppose thats also you and the wife walking too, is that snow on the beach....
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 7:38pm
Eric, no walking for me...I might spill my Pina Colada.
P.S. I saw your post re: New Jersey man. I too am a business man and that kind of situation makes my blood boil. I dont accept credit cards! bj
hasbeenskier
roadkingpuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadkingpuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 7:41pm
Great pic. My new November desktop background.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 1:29am
Winterize this...I can't even spell it

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 7:39am
yeah, yeah ,yeah actually i thoght it was lake Erie
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 7:54am
   No offense guys,but I'll take the cold & snow over the snakes,gators,hurricanes, illegal immigrants,and rush hour traffic.Nice place to visit,though.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 8:43am
what about those september and october tropical breezes??
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 8:54am
eric;its too bad that all you have is a picture,move down here and you can have the real thing......after spending a week in south Iowa, pheasent hunting,i found you weather unaccectable,period.I will take the alligators and the hurricanes over snow any day.When you guys are filling your blocks with anti freeze,we are filling our gas tanks for an afternoon ride,yough choice.............boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 9:28am
weather, seperates the men from the boys, as you can tell im a little jealous
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 9:29am
boat doc, to me the only good think about winter is shrinkwrap....$12.00 a foot
Bring any birds back??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 9:45am
hey boat doc, watched a show last night about these guys in your neck of the woods, they hop in the water up to there neck, they stick thier hand in a hole and let a catfish bite thier hand and boom they grab and behold they catch a catfish 40 or 50 lbs. they had a special name for this activity in which i forgot. Now..... up here in Ohio we have this invention thats been around for a few thousand years, you dont have to get in the water when you use it, you bring the fish to you.
welcome back, had to rattle your chain first thing
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 10:00am
eric; the name of this sport is called "NOODLING" all these warm winter nights ,with no winterizeing to do,allows southern boys to think outside of the box....I think that is the ultimate RUSH,or as TV calls it now REALITY TELEVISION.
BTW,the low here last nite was 68 and the hi today 75,boy this weather sucks.....boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 10:32am
I think its a cheap way for gratification if you stick the wrong thing near the hole, and now i know why they call it noodling
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

hey boat doc, watched a show last night about these guys in your neck of the woods, they hop in the water up to there neck, they stick thier hand in a hole and let a catfish bite thier hand and boom they grab and behold they catch a catfish 40 or 50 lbs.

you've got to be kidding me... only in the south!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 6:37pm
The oid guys call it limp noodling....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 6:51pm
To: 05 210, I can't arque the traffic issue and the hurricanes can be stressful, but the snakes and gators are like little sisters, if you ignore them they won't bother you. But I must defend the immigrants, around here there alot of Mexicans and they are very hard workers. I would hire ten of them but, I don't Se Hable' Espanole.
bj
hasbeenskier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 7:03pm
has been skier;as far as the Mexicans go,feed them to the gators,gives them something to eat and a little fun to boot. how do you think we ski all year with no reptile problems.............
as far as the limp noodler comment, this sport does not require much gear, weight and stature are dabatable,IQ ratio not a factor, large balls and an erect noodle are worn by all that participate............
traffic here is not an issue,2 stop signs and no red lights. Cops have real jobs and work for the Sheriff on a needed basis,ball games etc. we have the best of the best.........
boat dr
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 7:31pm
their's more illegal mexicans in Indiana than there are down here in FL and the traffic isn't any worse than any other big city in the US, The wages suck unless you find 12.00/hr a high paying job.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 7:54pm
79; at least the cubans have papers,not a big deal unless you want to earn a decent hourly wage.BTW what do ya'll feed the gators in Florida? ours prefer dark meat to white.............. boat dr
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 8:07pm
I have 4 mexican ladies working for me, great workers but not a lick of english. I hired a college kid to come in twice a week and atleast teach them some basic english so we can communicate.

First thing they learned.... Can I have a raise? Time to fire that damn interpreter.
oldskiboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskiboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 10:09pm
I've lived in Ma$$, then Florida and now in NC. I'll take Florida any day. Problem with NC is the water is full of clay. Can't see more then 2 feet down when the water is stirred up. Ma$$ has great water but the season is a bit short. Now Florida. I just loved to call up north in Feb. when I was on the intercostal and they were blowing snow.
Gary
The Villages Fl.

75Southwind 20
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 11:11pm
I was born in Ohio,Lived in Texas one year...Didn't like it. Moved to Fl,and stayed four years.Moved back to Oh,and stayed two years,then back to Fl again. This time, I bought a house on the beach just south of Clearwater beach, thinking it would not be as Hot. That lasted for seven more years. I couldn't take the heat and low Pay anymore, so in 1997 we moved back to Ohio.Love it here! More money, more house, and better weather...IMHO, but I'm always ready for a visit to the Sunshine State
Scott
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 6:06am
boat dr.. Your in Lousiana aren't you? Where exactly, Years ago I lived in New Orleans. I was a repo man for Ford and worked the bayou's of South Lousiana... Houma, Thibidoux, Grand Isle etc. Now thats another story. By the way I don't feed gators I eat them. Turn about is only fair play.
hasbeenskier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 7:43am
Scott83,
dont let the secret out about ohio, I cant complain that much about Ohio, I work in a shop atmosphere and did alot of work in fla.
Ill take the coldest day here to work in then the hottest day there
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 8:45am
you have to stay wet, when it gets to hot

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 8:53am
hasbeenskier; east central,right on the Mighty Mississippi.20 miles south of Natchez Ms.Its a little farming village of about 750 people,Post Office,farm store ,bank,one store and a great school.there are certain things money cannot buy,we dont lock our doors and we leave the keys in the ign.Top hourly wages sometimes cost too much.The goverment seems to have forgotten about us,we are under the radar,hope to stay there.............boat dr
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 8:53am
If you were a Gator, you would Bite that @ss too

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:13am
mm tries to find a way to get that picture in every post. Very creative. I'm hitting the water today.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 2:06pm
MM- why is it that none of the women in your photos are either in YOUR boat or looking at you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic