Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sure is Quiet in Here—Do I Need to Start a Fight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sure is Quiet in Here—Do I Need to Start a Fight

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2022 at 7:02am
JQ

You need to tune in to the mixed doubles curling events.

They're the best  Wink
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2022 at 7:30am
Good luck with the Ram.. So far so good with our 2017 1500 5.7 crew cab purchased used in 2020 as an off lease truck. Tows the Nautique like a dream with the 8 speed trans and 395 HP at pretty much any speed. We can comfortably take the "western route" to FL where our earlier Durangos with Hemi and 4 speed trans were less than happy on the huge hills and had to run at high RPMs. 

Only really annoying "feature" so far is that it doesn't allow putting it into gear with the door open and/or the driver's seat belt on. Not a problem backing up to the Nautique trailer that I can move by hand (at least a little)... But the 24' enclosed trailer was a real PIA when you needed to back up just another inch...get in close door, back up..... (yes, even with the camera)... Solution was a 15 dollar 3" seat belt extender... stays in the drivers seat belt receptacle all the time and the truck thinks I have my seat belt on... back up with the door open, no problem...
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2022 at 9:41am
Good tip. Thanks. Gotta love the forums.  I found the dealership that is selling at about $10k under msrp on the RAM forum.  My local dealers wanted $5k over + 1800 in worthless add ons.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2022 at 8:57am
Don't sweat the truck Jonny

I heard from a friend whose uncle's wife's girlfriend's son works for Ford that they'll set you up with one of these for as long as your truck is dead

It's the King Ranch Pinto complete with a cow in the background Wink

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2022 at 9:30am
Sha-weeeet! 

Ralph Nader would be proud.

While Big Blue is in the shop, I’m driving my spare car…Honda Pilot.  Can’t stay and chat.  Gotta drop the kids off at soccer practice…

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2022 at 2:04pm
Keno----I have seen my share of cows---and that aint no cow in the background!  Hint-Pinto in the photo!LOL
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2022 at 5:25pm
All I can say is "well duh, that wasn't too smart on my part"  Wink
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2022 at 7:36pm
Ken's being politically correct, it's a horse who identifies as a cow
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by wetskier2000 wetskier2000 wrote:

Only really annoying "feature" so far is that it doesn't allow putting it into gear with the door open and/or the driver's seat belt on. 

You need to get on a good forum and ask if it can be coded. My new to me vehicle does kind of the same- you open the door,it stops and puts the emergency brake on. Found out for mine if you have the right interface you can go in and code all kinds of different stuff maybe this is one of them
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2022 at 8:37am
My parents bought me a deadly dangerous pinto when I was seventeen
I’m realizing now they wanted fewer children
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2022 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Only really annoying "feature" so far is that it doesn't allow putting it into gear with the door open and/or the driver's seat belt on. 

You need to get on a good forum and ask if it can be coded. My new to me vehicle does kind of the same- you open the door,it stops and puts the emergency brake on. Found out for mine if you have the right interface you can go in and code all kinds of different stuff maybe this is one of them

I have a friend with a 16 Grand Cherokee that was stuck on the launch ramp for a while because of this "safety feature"

For years she could back it up with the door open, then it went to the dealer for some minor issues and the next day it was stuck on the ramp till some smart bystander said "try shutting your door and see what happens".

A call to the dealer let her know it was a computer software update that they did and didn't bother mentioning that it was done.

Like Gary said, if it was put into the computer, I figure it can be taken out/deleted with the right equipment Wink

Edit      It's a 2014, the 2016 models got a whole different shifter
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2022 at 9:03am
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

My parents bought me a deadly dangerous pinto when I was seventeen
I’m realizing now they wanted fewer children
 LOL
Good thing I wasn't drinking anything this AM when I read this!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2022 at 10:21am
Back to the purpose of this topic...

Should I use carriage bolts or lag bolts to mount the swim platform on the 65 Nautique?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I have a friend with a 16 Grand Cherokee that was stuck on the launch ramp for a while because of this "safety feature"

For years she could back it up with the door open, then it went to the dealer for some minor issues and the next day it was stuck on the ramp till some smart bystander said "try shutting your door and see what happens".

A call to the dealer let her know it was a computer software update that they did and didn't bother mentioning that it was done.

Like Gary said, if it was put into the computer, I figure it can be taken out/deleted with the right equipment Wink

My '15 Durango "added" that feature when it got updated a few years ago.  At first I kept forgetting to close the door, now I'm used to it.  I don't find it to be a big deal, and when I think through the safety aspect I think it makes sense.  Someone is dropping off the kids at school, forgets the shifter is in gear and gets out to say bye to the kids, nice to know the vehicle shifts to park.

'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by 70CC 70CC wrote:

Back to the purpose of this topic...

Should I use carriage bolts or lag bolts to mount the swim platform on the 65 Nautique?

Trick question. Swim platform DELETE
Looks better anyway
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 11:08am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

This was a safety recall for the 2014-16 Grand Cherokees,  The NEW Ero style shifter got a few people run over when they exited their vehicle thinking it was in park but wasn't.    They went back to a standard style shifter after that mess.  That young Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin got crushed by his JGC.   The shifter is so weird I don't let anybody back the boat down with my Jeep but my wife and she never leaves the vehicle on the ramp.  Not being able to back up with the door open is a bit of a nuisance but so is getting run over or having your Jeep roll into the lake, LOL.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 11:37am
 I can see why mfgs are going this route with this type of safety feature. Gorgeous neighbor down the street pulled into their partitioned garage. Thought she had it in park and exited her Genesis.. As she got ready to close the door the car was in reverse and stared to roll backwards. She quickly jumped back in the car to hit the brake but hit the gas instead. She hit the supporting wall between the two stalls SO hard she nearly pulled the wall out off the house with the door. Managed to wreck two garage door tracks with her husbands stall door  barely hanging on by the opener and rollers on the other side.  The driver side doors' hinge was bent so bad you couldn't close the door. Had a contractor out to assess the damage to the house who informed them they are going to have to get an structural engineer involved to begin the work and it's a 3 month wait to get the car fixed professionally.   He was late getting home that day which saved his 4 year old truck because he was tied up with the police because his trucks window was smashed and his vehicle broken into while he was with a client for lunch... Talk about having a bad day.,, 
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 12:21pm
Tim how long a wait to get it unprofessionally fixed?  I forgot about that star trek actor- makes sense  but that's on them for making a shifter that's not intuitive,our BMW had a confusing one as well. It was easy to drive around with but when going into something like a car wash it was like patting your head and rubbing your stomach. 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 1:16pm
My wife’s X5 has the same shifter issue, open the door and it’s throws the car into park.  Try to make small adjustments while hooking up your trailer and you can’t move this car unless the door is closed.   The really bad logic in this car is if the battery dies you can’t put this car into neutral to maybe roll it out of a parking place to jump it.   The only way to get it into neutral is to get under the car and tighten a release bolt on the transmission.  Yeah, you have to jack the car up to do that.   My garage is under my home, I like to jump in the car, open the garage door and let the car roll out of the garage before starting it to keep all that exhaust out of my garage.   There is no way to do that in her BMW, if you don’t start the engine you can’t shift the tranny.   Sure makes you love the old days and those simple cars that actually allowed you to drive them.
Yes her car drives very well and even tows well but most of the time I use the Yukon for towing, it still does what I tell it to do!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 1:38pm
I once had a truck with none of these modern safety features.

Coming home one day, I had to take a leak so bad my eyeballs were floating

Was almost home and just couldn't take it anymore.

My wife saw the truck stop in the road out in front of the house, me get out and the truck start slowly going forward, followed by me running after it to catch it and slap it into park. She thought it was quite humorous since it was a dead end road, no neighbors and  nothing to hurt except maybe a tree and the truck (or me running along with that little thing hanging out)

The big question is whether I had that warm wet feeling as I was chasing after it or if the running and excitement let me hang on for another handful of seconds.

I guess only me and my wife would know the answer to that Wink
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 1:41pm
KENO

Jockey or boxer?

Depends…
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 2:52pm
That is funny, sad but I can relate, many times I had to drive long distance to get home after road trips, sometimes 2-6 hour drives, driving the car I was fine, get home park, step out of the car and for Christ sake the cold hits and I had to run to the house to avoid wetting the pants.  Never understood how that could happen that fast after being fine in the car.  Asked my Doctor why, he says, you are getting old.  No solution, just you are getting older.  Starting to hate that guy.   
To make you feel better Ken, I know of a guy that finished his restoration on a 1965 Corvette, it was beautiful, he rolled it out on his driveway to take some pictures, he has a long sloping driveway.   He closed the door and stepped back with his camera ready.  The car took off rolling backwards down his driveway with him chasing it.  His neighbor had a birthday party going on in his front yard, the car rolled in, hit two cars and came to rest in the neighbors party.  No people were hurt.  The Vette was not damaged badly and neither were the other two cars but it could have been much worse or easily avoided.  A restoration on these cars can take years and the destruction only seconds.  We all have our moments.
JQ, it could have been Commando, another option.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2022 at 9:54am
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

My garage is under my home, I like to jump in the car, open the garage door and let the car roll out of the garage before starting it to keep all that exhaust out of my garage.  

Now that's just medieval.  Roll a perfectly functioning BMW M5 out of the garage? Shocked

I think you may be the best candidate for a Tesla that I've ever met.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

KENO

Jockey or boxer?

Depends…

I'm trying to understand your post.

Did you say "Jockey or Boxer, it depends??

Or were you saying "Jockey or Boxer or Depends"??

Cause if he had depends there wouldn't have been the same rush. LOL

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2022 at 11:07am

Tim how long a wait to get it unprofessionally fixed? 

About three weeks..... She was driving a mini cooper for about 2 weeks then the Insurance company said " We ain't paying for a rental car for 3 months. Starting next week it's on your dime!" That's when the Come-a-Long was broken out and the door tweaked enough so they could close it so she could drive it. I was just over there last  Fri and he still has both Garage doors boarded up with plywood as if a hurricane is coming.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2022 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

KENO

Jockey or boxer?

Depends…

I'm trying to understand your post.

Did you say "Jockey or Boxer, it depends??

Or were you saying "Jockey or Boxer or Depends"??

Cause if he had depends there wouldn't have been the same rush. LOL

Some nice loose fitting Depends Boxers Wink
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2022 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

My garage is under my home, I like to jump in the car, open the garage door and let the car roll out of the garage before starting it to keep all that exhaust out of my garage.  

Now that's just medieval.  Roll a perfectly functioning BMW M5 out of the garage? Shocked

I think you may be the best candidate for a Tesla that I've ever met.

Dang, I guess I will have to pull the 406 out of my 1966 Vette and replace it with electric and batteries.  It would probably be faster!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2022 at 4:35pm
As long as the seat belt is buckled you can open the door without the Jeep JGC going into park. You get used to it just like the tap shifter takes a while to get comfortable with.
Lucky it is not a manual :)
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic