NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st Generation Ski Nautique Roster

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Generation Ski Nautique Roster
    Posted: August-09-2016 at 12:29pm
Art always wanted to start a Thread to track the owners of 1st Generation Ski Nautiques. So hear you go Art. We should let Alan be the first to post here as he is the owner of Ski Nautique Number 1.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 1:04pm
Ok Steve Thanks. Maybe post the hull numbers too, be interesting to see where the oldest CorrectCraft Ski Nautique is

#1 GLASS CRAFT Ski Nautique., Illinois Contact: 81Nautique, Alan Arrighi
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 1:13pm
SN1330 1964 Correct Craft Ski Nautique.      Iowa    Contact: skutsch, Steve Kutsch (for owner Roger)

Ford interceptor 312. Seat configuration: Driver, Side Facing Observer& Rear Facing Officials Seat (Port side next to dog house), Teal Deck, white hull with teal boot stripe. Plywood Dog House, Optional Ski-Matic Electric Ski Rope Retreival Sytem. Original Trailer

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 3:58pm
Had to chime in.. (also to get notices of posts :) 1st Gen Roster...Great idea!
A first Gen SN is on my "looooong range" bucket list. LOL
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 4:10pm
1967 - Power Blue, split windshield, 318 Chrysler.

In the midst of a slow going restoration of stringers, floor, all interior and gelcoat. Here is a picture from several years ago prior to going under the knife.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 6:08pm
On behalf of Correct Craft, registering the 1961 Ski Nautique that lives in the reception lobby at the factory. It goes to the Masters Waterski & Wakeboard Tournament at Callaway Gardens each year, leads the Opening Ceremony boat parade and bears the Flag for the National Anthem before the finals, I also frequently bring it to CCF events.

Unfortunately, the hull ID number was lost when the boat was re-stringered in 1986. We know that it was one of the first few built by Correct Craft after acquiring the molds from Leo Bentz. It could have been the first one, but we can't claim that without evidence.

It's a white hull with red deck, as were most of the boats that we built for Cypress Gardens. The engine is either a 292 or a 312 Interceptor, we don't know for sure which it is.   
"Art"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

The engine is either a 292 or a 312 Interceptor, we don't know for sure which it is.   

Art,
Has the engine ever been rebuilt? If not, I'd say it's the 292 or even a 272? If you get a chance, look for the engine model number which will confirm the CI. It will be on the cam shaft cover where the mechanical tach output drive is located. BTW, does it have a mechanical or electric tach?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 6:53pm
There's two first Gen on my lake.

#1 which is my uncles. He is technically 3rd owner but I say 2nd because my family was the 2nd but we never did anything to it. We know the whole history of it and it's been either in family, or very close to family it's whole life. 1969 Ski Nautique originally had a 318, but now has a 440 (sorry pete, I tried to tell him keep it original) Red hull with ivory deck.

#2 Some guy on our lake has a 1966-1969 (don't know exact year) Sea foam green that seems all original. His dad was the original owner and it was passed on to him. I've been trying to talk my dad into buying it and restoring it.
1972 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 6:56pm
And this lake is called?
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

And this lake is called?

Lake of the Woods. It's between Bremen Indiana and Plymouth Indiana.
1972 Mustang
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 7:56pm
Do really rough, soon to be parts boats count?    If so - 1965 SN with ragged 318 Poly below:

Old skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 9:09pm
This is my 1964 Ski Nautique hull number SN 1378. Second owner. Yes I did do some modifications,   

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 9:45pm
Pete, the original front engine cover, which is where Eaton stamped the engine data, long ago went to Corrosion Heaven and was replaced with a service part. Those covers are known for corroding through at the 90-degree turn where the water enters the block. And when they corrode through, the water goes directly into the oil.

I don't remember enough about the rebuild to be sure, but I know that we replaced the block. Whether it was an empty block or a short block, I don'[t remember. 292s and 312s were machined from the same castings, so the casting numbers only mean that it is one or the other. The cranks are different, and one way to tell without going inside the engine is to look on the flywheel flange on the crank. A 312 crank will have a round indentation about 5/16" in diameter on the flange. And I'm not about to pull off the trannie, bellhousing, and flywheel to find out!
"Art"
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Do really rough, soon to be parts boats count?    If so - 1965 SN with ragged 318 Poly below:

I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would like to have it. I'm always opposed to parting them out.
"Art"
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The engine is either a 292 or a 312 Interceptor, we don't know for sure which it is.   

Art,
. BTW, does it have a mechanical or electric tach?

The engine has the connection on the cover for a mechanical tach, but there is an electric tach in the boat. I don't think there ever has been a Ski Nautique built by CC that had a mechanical tach in it. I think the Graymarines were the last engines we set with mechanical tachs.
"Art"
Old skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 11:17pm
Looks like a center deck boat. Do you know the hull number? I am with Art, don't part it out. How are the stringers?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Art,
. BTW, does it have a mechanical or electric tach?

I think the Graymarines were the last engines we set with mechanical tachs.

And the Hercules tagged as Correct Craft engines but marinized by Chris.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 9:44am
Adding my '67 to the list, will have to check the hull number. Originally had a LA/LM 318 and a wood motorbox. TBD what goes back in it... This boat is on my long term list.

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 10:58am
The only thing I can see missing is a pair of "polished stainless CC logos! : )
"Art"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 12:49am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

SN1330 1964 Correct Craft Ski Nautique.      Iowa    Contact: skutsch, Steve Kutsch (for owner Roger)

Ford interceptor 312. Seat configuration: Driver, Side Facing Observer& Rear Facing Officials Seat (Port side next to dog house), Teal Deck, white hull with teal boot stripe. Plywood Dog House, Optional Ski-Matic Electric Ski Rope Retreival Sytem. Original Trailer

calender shot Steve...nice shot of Alan's/Gene's beautiful '81 in the background.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 2:36am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

calender shot Steve...nice shot of Alan's/Gene's beautiful '81 in the background.

john

Never made it, got lost on the cutting room floor. MY pictures are not MoreFoot or Frankenotter quality.

Don't forget Pete's Atom to the left of Alan's/GEne's. I like to think of it as Grampa (Atom), Dad (Gen 1) and Son...
ForestB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 12:15pm
Hi Guys just brought another project boat been told its a nautique can anyone give some info ?
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 12:41pm
It looks like a 1970;s Ski Nautique, but I can't tell for sure. Is the dashboard area inside the windshield gelcoated in black? The wing vents in the windshield date the windshield, but I don't recall the year that they were put in. If it's a 1972 or earlier, there should be an aluminum plate in front of the throttle control with a model and number stamped into it, like SN 0000. If it's '73 or later, there will be a number engraved in the upper starboard side of the transom that begins with CTC followed by nine more characters. The engine definitely doesn't look original.
"Art"
ForestB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 1:00pm
Thanks alot will have a look later , the engine is a 383 Chrysler apparently they were not originally marine engines but guys like to convert them heres another pic
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 1:11pm
Definitely a 1st gen SN but it's been highly, umm, modified. I don't see much original hardware left on it. Doesn't look to be a period correct Chrysler marinization, I'm guessing that's not original either.
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 4:05pm
I haven't been able to decide whether I'm seeing wood spray rails on the forward chines, or if I'm seeing shadows in the photos. Wooden rails mean 1969 or earlier. Also can't tell whether the "rail" that ran around the perimeter of the foredeck on the Gen Ones is there or not. In the third photo (the one with the price still written on the w/s) it looks as though it's there, but the other photos, no.

Forest, how about some photos of the items we have mentioned when you have time. The interior, the foredeck, chines forward, etc.
The engine and the pylon are definitely not original equipment, but nothing negative about that.
"Art"
ForestB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 4:36pm
basically what is left in the boat is the engine , propeller , gear box ,steering wheel and throttle control , I can confirm the splashgaurds are wooden I will send some more pics as soon as i can , The marinization is definitely a home job but not badly done at all . I am also busy restoring a 67 with a Chrysler 318 250hp the only part not original on that is the windscreen have the original carpets too but need to be replaced
Old skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 5:18pm
Looking at the pictures, it looks like a 1969 of prior Ski Nautique. I, like Art, would like to see a picture of the foredeck to be sure. The windshield is not correct, and there are things missing, like the front and rear left rings for the boat. If there is a hull ID number still attached it would be in the engine compartment, SN####. Looks like a project.
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Old skier Old skier wrote:

Looking at the pictures, it looks like a 1969 of prior Ski Nautique. I, like Art, would like to see a picture of the foredeck to be sure. The windshield is not correct, and there are things missing, like the front and rear left rings for the boat. If there is a hull ID number still attached it would be in the engine compartment, SN####. Looks like a project.

Like this on my 1967 SN
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 7:20pm

1967 with a 318 Chrysler and a few mods.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic