NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stars & Stripes Ski Nautique ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 7:07pm

So what is the answer !!

Do we make different one off boats or not...

Just go back and look at the Orange Crush...

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 7:11pm

Now I'll take the 5th..

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 7:31pm
best thread so far this year...and for the record, I believe the guy. pics or it didn't happen? well...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Great story, glad Art could help with the history on this boat..

Dave, just in case it wasnt clear, the Art referenced earlier was the previous owner, not Art Cozier.
Originally posted by GrayBeardSkier GrayBeardSkier wrote:

Art (original 1st owner) still has the same phone number as Jerry had written down in his address book many, many years ago. It turns out Art is a great guy and agreed to take a phone call with me tonight. He was even able to quickly locate some photos, was kind enough to snap some pictures of them, and email them to me.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 8:12pm

Thanks Tim, my bad
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Im with Al on this one... the more I see and hear, the more skeptical I become. Add the windshield color change to the list as well.

We've been wrong before though!

Me too!! I wonder if Western Correct Craft did the mods?? To me, it would be more logical than the factory. All the regional's did the set ups anyway!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 8:55pm
You guys are a tough crowd. So, if one of the warehouses did it, wouldn't it be original from Correct Craft? Weren't some of Orange Crush's final touch's put on at Adirondack Marine?
delovett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delovett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 9:14pm
Cool looking boat.

Quite nice of the original owner to provide that information!
1973 Nautique 351
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 9:40pm
Depends what the definition of "is" is Bruce My thoughts were the same as Pete's too. The more I see these including that beater one that Workman has,with the wrong tach, the more I like them.The red,white and blue just seem right. I like the story behind them too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 9:45pm
Where is the other boat? the one that went East?
This is the life
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 9:47pm
Gary, I like them too, although I prefer the standard issue like Steve's "beater". This is an interesting story, though.

My brothers and I had a 1976 Riviera Cruiser Stars and Stripe Bicentenial Model with red, white and blue pom poms. No pictures, so I guess it never happened which is alright by me.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

You guys are a tough crowd. So, if one of the warehouses did it, wouldn't it be original from Correct Craft? Weren't some of Orange Crush's final touch's put on at Adirondack Marine?

Bruce,
Dealers have always had the option of finishing off new boats from the factory. If they didn't opt to do it, then the regional's did it before they were shut down. Even some gel blemishes and shipping damage was handled after the factory.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 9:58pm
       Can I get the hull number, so I can look for the build sheet :).       
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 10:00pm
so if they make changes at the regional level or at the dealer before delivery is that considered original cc?    
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 10:07pm

Way to go Dave. Here is what he has on the diary page

CTC05224M75G-SNK
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 10:17pm
Thanks Gary, let me do some leg work now ..
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 10:30pm
The wait is like sitting...........On pins and needles...............
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 10:53pm
Cool boat. I will say the ski nautique logo on the picture from 1975 is different than the current pic. Look at bottom of S compared to current. The 1975 pic look like right font. Also the blue on current pic is different.. so it looks like stripe is original and logo is new..   
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 11:10pm
This thread is as confusing as fathers day on the south side of chicago
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 11:14pm

that may be the smartest thing anyone has said on this topic yet

Where were you 3 pages ago Dave? haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 11:46pm
This is the life
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 11:50pm
Lots of people watching this thread. Hope you got enough popcorn for all of us.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2013 at 11:57pm
It's BYOP ...and Fallstaff Bicentennial Beer
This is the life
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

...and Fallstaff Bicentennial Beer

Will Billy Beer do?

Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 12:08am
Billy Carter hadn't thought of that name in years!
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 12:14am
Best beer money could buy!! Can't imagine why they stopped making it!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
GrayBeardSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayBeardSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 12:25am
Wow!!! This journey has been fun. Totally unexpected, but FUN

You guys can really pick out the small details. I saw the comment about windshield color being different between the 1975 picture and present. That triggered a memory that there was some mention of windshield in the handwritten maintenance log.

I pulled the log and there in the 11-1-78 entry it says, "Died windshield frame". So I can confirm the copper color on windshield was an owner change. It appears to me from inspection that frame color change was done by having the aluminum anodized. It was done well as I would have never guessed it had been done by looking at it.

So there's two confirmed changes from factory delivered: 1) swim platform, and 2) windshield frame color.

I also saw comment about speedos in 1975 picture didn't look black. When I look at the 1975 picture they certainly don't look white to me. It looks like Art's hand resting on top of steering wheel is covering them. It's not definitive what color they are but I do believe Art and Jerry when they say the speedos and other instruments are factory original.

Well, I do appreciate all the enthusiasm and banter you all are contributing. I too am anxiously waiting to see what the build records contain.
Joel Heinke
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 1:12am
Joel,

Looks like the logo was repainted... and possibly the black shadowing was added. Did Art mention any of this?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 1:19am
my boat doesn't have a log
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 1:21am
Check the log for "Installed flames"
This is the life
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic