Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 5:30pm
Alan, that Riva must have got me dizzy. Scrolled right past the "Finned Correct Craft" without catching it. Sorry about that.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Alan, that Riva must have got me dizzy. Scrolled right past the "Finned Correct Craft" without catching it. Sorry about that.

Yeah the Riva's are beautiful.

Believe that CC is an Atom so it's not Boatdr's, I was curious because I know he had plans to go to Dora on Thursday. I'm not a big fan of plywood boats but that one caught my eye.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 4:53am
I'LL BE OUT THERE IN THE MORNING, GOT PICK UP THE SCENERY AND GATOR BITES INNER TUBES MAYBE EVEN MY SNIPE HUNTING GEAR.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 1:08pm
Considering the small number of posts from this event, I'd have to say you people are having plenty of fun.
I miss you!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 1:23pm
Pete,
we are in Milwaukee for the weekend...wanna come up for a few beers to drown our sorrows? ..............

...............post some pics guys!!! rub it in!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'm not a big fan of plywood boats but that one caught my eye.

Alan,
Now the truth comes out! I'm sure glad you didn't tell me this before you wanted me to plane down that mahogany plank for you!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Pete,
we are in Milwaukee for the weekend...wanna come up for a few beers to drown our sorrows? ..............

Steve,
Thanks for the invite but my book is filled for the weekend. I need to drive my son to work and in between I'm prepping the old 58 Delta shaper for the prime coat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 10:21pm
Man, All excited about meeting everyone at Hontoon Island, get the boat ready, cooler full, get the girls all set and excited, up at 4AM, run and finish a charity race in pr (personal record) time and head up to the boat ramp just south of Hontoon, launch, and OVERHEAT!! Bad impeller, no spare. Scheduled for change in June. Back to the barn for repairs. I am so dissapointed. Girls want to head up tomorrow EARLY. Hopefully still have the chance to meet some.
Js
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 1:05am
Jerry

I informed all about your troubles hope to see you tmro. Got to put some names to faces, eat great food, and listen to a very interesting talk from Ralph Meloon. Lots of great people having a great time. Good luck with the impeller.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 10:10am
Thanks! We are heading up! We can not stay too long, but will hopefully meet most? Are there any palns for the day?
Js
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Alan,
Now the truth comes out! I'm sure glad you didn't tell me this before you wanted me to plane down that mahogany plank for you!!!

Pete,
You know how "those guys" with the high dollar woodies can be... nose in the air... dont have time for plywood or tupperware boats, etc.

Heck, this Alan guy probably has a big mansion on a private lake with butlers and maids. I'm pretty sure he has never laid so much as a wrench on his boat.... you know.. when they have that status they can afford to pay someone to do everything that needs to be done for you. He wouldnt want to get any dirt under his manicured nails!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Alan,

Pete,
You know how "those guys" with the high dollar woodies can be... nose in the air... dont have time for plywood or tupperware boats, etc.

Heck, this Alan guy probably has a big mansion on a private lake with butlers and maids. I'm pretty sure he has never laid so much as a wrench on his boat.... you know.. when they have that status they can afford to pay someone to do everything that needs to be done for you. He wouldnt want to get any dirt under his manicured nails!

Good one Steve - Give it to him!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by 62 Wood 62 Wood wrote:

We will just have to be patient. They are all too busy, running the river, skiing, barefootin,fraternising,admiring each other's boats, eatin' good and generally having a blast!
Sure wish I could have joined in this year.
Definately looking forward to some awesome pics.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 6:41pm
well i guess im the first one home

Ready to se the pics this was a great trip
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

well i guess im the first one home

Ready to se the pics this was a great trip

Can't wait---Was beginning to think that this didn't happen

Remember-- PICS or it didn't happen!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 10:45pm

Here are some pictures. What a great time! These are at Silver Glen Springs, Ocala National Forest. Beautiful day! Look at that water. First time for the "Smith Family". We had a great time, and was well worth all the "challenges" faced to get there. Thanks to all! I look forward to next year, and possibly, "Music City"?? June? My girls are all "Phsyched up"!!
Js
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 3:10am

-Adam

1973 Skier
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:26am
Fun to see the docks taken over by CCs. Nice to see that Madd Marxx made it. Looking forward to more pictures and stories.
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 1:08pm
Great time again guys!!! Hated to leave yesterday but had to get the boys back for school today.

Hope those that stayed had a great time at the Glen on Sunday.

Already reserved Eagles Nest for next year - building memories for my boys. Hopefully they will be showing their skiing skills and with the help from JBear, Curtis, John and Jeff we can get all three up footin!!!

May have to drop a 383 into the Southwind and name it "Three Footer"!!
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 5:08pm
I learned that we really suck at flying, but we made it to Florida and back in one piece- so mission accomplished!

What a great weekend, we had a blast. It was great seeing old friends and new ones alike! Thanks to everyone for lugging us around, putting us up, sharing provisions and pulling us skiing. Im exhausted and sunburnt and wearing it proudly.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 5:11pm
Sitting at the airport waiting for the flight home. Lots of great times with old friends and new friends. A special thanks to Jbear, backfoot100, and morfoot for the rides and the shelter. The turkey Backfoot made saturday night was worth the trip by itself. Everything else was a bonus. I think this was my 8th cc event, and i'm yet to be disappointed. What an incredible group of people. Pics to follow. Hope to see a lot of you in Nashville
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:19pm

Thank you to all,

My group of family and friends had a blast !!

And a big thank you to Donald when my steering cable broke
at the dock...

Just a great four days.

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:31pm
I was thinking riding home last night (after the raccoon running on the roof while eating dinner) good thing that cable didnt break in one of those bends in the river...That would have been a mighty good fish story or turned out like a james bond movie in the trees!

Another good year. Maybe a mini poker run to spice up the river run next year..pick up cards at different spots...I'll load up some pics I posted on FB.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:46pm

I spoke to the man and said thank you for your blessing
for my safety of my boat each time I go out...

The One
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:56pm
I am in the Charlotte airport heading north.. trying to figure out if they will check the 83SN for free or if I am going to need to pay an upcharge.

It was a great time as always, thanks to the organizers and everyone who came out and had some fun.

Sunday was a bad day for cables.. I lost a throttle cable myself, no major harm except Bill (fanofccfan) had his footing run cut short. Hope he and the family are back on the road... rental cars were also cursed this trip out.. two flats and one set of keys that walked or swam away. Minor inconviences that will soon be forgotten, unlike the good times that were had. I have a couple of pictures on the cell phone that I will post if I figure out how to get them from here.. but I think we are gonna need to wait for bhectus, Morfoot and Jbear as those are the guys I remember seeing with cameras the most.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 9:08pm
Wow!! Thanks to everyone for the fun. You are all most gracious. A couple hundies later and the rental car is in motion again. Thanks for all the help with that fiasco too. Les and Cindy Todd were big help today as I got the car going and the family stayed with them. Awesome people!! We all had a blast.

Bill
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:07pm
I'm in Orlando int got a 2 1/2 hour delay no problem as I had a great timme meeting up with you all
Next year its someone els turn to be Skeeter Bait pictures to follow if my leg don't drop of first big thanks to karen fixing my leg and still running the show
Great time and memoreys
Cheers Roger
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:12pm
Stacey & I had a wonderful time and shared some great memories with everyone. Last year's only regret was only coming up for the day on Saturday. This year was 4 days of fun in the sun with great friends! I'm definitely sore today from riding 4 days in a row but it was so worth it.
Here's some of the pics from the weekend.

Trip to the Silver Glen on Friday:

(Sweet77) Halston & his better half Jenn:

The Godfather (Dave Hendricks) w/family in "The One", a most awesome Mustang:

(Lakedog55) Mike Croft

'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:19pm
Mr. Art Cozier and the factory's original first-year Ski Nautique. Thanks Art for the great history lesson, it was a true pleasure speaking with you!

The hardest working couple I know that puts an enormous amount of time each year to make this event happen: Boat dr (Billy) and his wonderful wife Karen (Boatnurse) Thanks so much!!!

We took over the docks at Hontoon Island and enjoyed a great lunch thanks to Ralph Pallmer and his wife:

Another big thanks to (Morfoot) Tim Morfoot, for putting in a lot of hard work on this event also, and the creator of our great event music CD!

Halston & Jenn's Sweet76!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:28pm
Chris Mars driving Reidp's killer Mustang:

(TRBenj) Tim Benjamin checking out Adamt's (Adam Taylor)'73 Skier:

Stacey & I with Billy, Karen, and Art:

The raffle after Saturday night's dinner!

JoeinNY provided the music:

See you all next year!!! We'll have an addition to the family by then....
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic