NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Belgian in the Bayou...

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Belgian in the Bayou...
    Posted: July-20-2010 at 7:18pm
First of all I wanna let you all know everything is just fine with me... I handled the culture shock pretty well upon entering and driving through this different country down here .

Billy and Karen are taking great care of me!
The French Quarter in New Orleans is amazing (and dangerous too, cause I could party down there till dawn!). We had a great meal on one of the balcony's there and I really liked the Cajun food.

They have planned so many things for me to do these next couple of days it's almost scary...

He's even rouded up all the guys he knows to meet me...

So keep an eye on this thread cause I'm pretty sure lots of pictures are gonna be posted here and also quite a few stories...
And don't blame if I start talking funny after spending a few days down here .
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 7:29pm
Kristof,
How's the coffee? It may clear your head up!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 7:56pm
The coffee is just the way I like it Pete, black and strong! And yes, it clears the head quite nicely thank you...
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 9:23am
just like your ladies....no offense to Chantel lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 9:52am
Maybe Billy could take you "noodlen" one nite! I know they don't do that in Belgium.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 10:06am
not on eachother either lmao
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 12:22pm
Noodlen' NOT spoonen'
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 2:18pm
I talked to Billy at about 9:00 (CST) this morning and Kristof was still in bed. Billy said something about him still being on a Belgian time schedule. I responded saying no, I think he's still a a GL recovery schedule!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 2:23pm
I haven't talked to the Doc in a while as I know he's been up to his eyeballs with work (course we know that ain't that far ) but now he's got "The Bathtub Belgian" on his hands. Just might have to call to shout at both of em.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 2:41pm
Guys guys guys, I'm in the South now, so I'm adjusting to the "keep it cool and just lay back"-thing...
Apparently, I don't have any difficulty doing that

BTW BoatDr's phone rings like ALL the time...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

BTW BoatDr's phone rings like ALL the time...

If it's not ringing, that's because he's on it!! I've often wondered how he gets any work done!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 6:23pm
If you ask me Pete, he must do that during the night, cause he ain't got time to do it during the day...
It's just like you said... If the phone isn't ringing, he's on it

anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 6:31pm
He must have a bunch of Minions working for him.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 6:52pm
Kristof,
We were joking at Green lake about you visiting two countries while you are here... The country of America, and the country of Louisiana ! two different worlds..

you and the Doctor "spending any lead"?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 11:52pm
Steve,

No firing yet, but we're getting to that
Did take the Dart out for a nice long ride on the bayous and lake here... What a treat it was!!!

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 1:52am
Billy and Karen are both amazing people, I would expect nothing short of five star vacation with them.. Glad you guys are getting some boating in. What no pics yet?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 9:53am
I wonder who gets the last word in
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

What no pics yet?

James,
You'll have to wait for pics till I get home on monday... But no worries, I got some nice money shots!

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

You'll have to wait for pics till I get home on monday... But no worries, I got some nice money shots!

Kristof have a safe trip home but remember NO bathtub shots.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Please add some story's to the pictures I bet you have plenty.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 5:30am
After flying from New Orleans to Cincinnati to Chicago to Paris and finally to Brussels, I got back home yesterday afternoon...
Sitting at my desk at work now while I type these words.

It was the best vacation I ever had by far! Louisiana is an amazing part of the world.
I had tons of fun with the BoatDr and the BoatNurse! They showed me around in their neck of the woods and I met many cool people down there. BoatDr also thaught me a few things about boats while we spent hours in his shop.
Billy and Karen were absolutely amazing hosts and took very good care of me. The rides in the Mustang and the Dart on the lakes and bayous were fantastic!

I'll get on the picture posting as soon as possible... Lots of great pictures were made.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 7:19pm
Nice..

I was in nawlins in 1997..nice city..went there with the family...I wasn´t a CC by then...
River walks where fantastic...
I also took the swamp tour and got to see some local gators..LOL

Hurry up with the pictures K..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 7:53pm
Some videos to start with...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 8:04pm
And some pictures... I'll let them speak for themselves...

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 10:07pm
Looks like you had a great time brother! OOh-Rah
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 10:42pm
WOW! Boating and shooting...what a great combination.
Two of my favorites.
Especially with some great southern hospitality.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Hawktique Hawktique wrote:

Looks like you had a great time brother! OOh-Rah

Yes I did brother!
The skeet shooting was great, but the jong lad (son of the host) smoked all our asses... Damn that boy was fast!
Shotguns are nice, but I still prefer a good sniper rifle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 6:41pm
A few more money shots:

Getting ready for the skeet shooting... Load them up!

Don being cool Louisiana style (Iphone, cigar and a shotgun... What else do you need )

Enjoying some good cajun food and some beers amongst friends

A house I would like to buy if ever I can convince Chantal to move to the States...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 6:46pm
And here are some more of that magnificent Dart:

Billy just launched and I'm parking the car

Real money shot

Money shot #2

Does it look like I'm enjoying myself...??

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 6:52pm
Here are some pictures of St John's lake... A place I fell in love with straight away!

Man, isn't that beautiful... I can see myself living there!!
I wouldn't even care about the gators...

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2010 at 12:59am
Hate to run into the guy first thing in the morning before ski ride.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic