NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where’s all the Green Lake Reunion Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where’s all the Green Lake Reunion Talk
    Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:58am
We launched at the campgrounds - Holiday Shores - which is way up stream where the river opens up into a lake. So I can't really offer any suggestions for launching anywhere else.

As far as boating the river, there wasn't any surprises. Plenty of depth everywhere we went, but we didn't stray too far off the beaten path. I saw a log or two floating, but we had a ton of rain that weekend. Hopefully, any floaties will be out of your way by the weekend.
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:47am
Anything i should be aware of as far as obstacles? i was thinking about putting in on River Road, just down from Nig's bar. That sound right?
Dan
Is it Summer yet??
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:39am
The upper Dells is gorgeous boating. We did it last year and will be there at the end of July.

I called the place where we stay last weekend. The river is open with no boating restrictions.

-Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 11:27am
Terry
Yes, I did get the info. We are still planning to go to the Dells this weekend and see whoever is there. It's always great to see old friends. I'm thinking about taking the boat and going on the upper dells for a ride. Have you ben on that stretch of the river? Should be pretty scenic. We did respond and am looking forward to the weekend. This, and the Greenlake weekend is what we were looking forward to all year.
Later
Dan
Is it Summer yet??
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 11:24pm
Dan did you get the updated RE Mail from Kristi at TB ?

Tommy Bartlett Alumni,

Although you received notice that the 55th reunion was cancelled, we realize that a number of you were still planning to visit the area.

Please read the attached notice regarding next weekend.

If you are planning to attend, please e-mail me back with the number of people as we are trying to get some sort of a count. Several local businesses will be assisting us in putting on this event.

Thanks,

TBI Year-Round Staff

This notice is from the current year-round employees of Tommy Bartlett, Inc.
We understand that a large number of you are planning to return next weekend in spite of the fact that the official reunion has been cancelled.
In honor of Tom and Margaret Diehl, and the catastrophe that has forever changed our lives, we are offering to you, the alumni, a warm welcome with a much revised schedule of events.
The memorabilia room will be open Friday for registration starting at 1:00 and will follow the original schedule.
The “gathering tent” will be set up for a place to meet, socialize and share stories of the past and present.
We are still able to provide you with discounted tickets to area attractions and hope you take advantage of this offer.
We will also give you a list of the area restaurants that are offering TBI alumni discounts off their menu items.
The Tommy Bartlett Show reopened Friday and is running performances daily at 4:30 & 8:30. It is now a 90-minute spectacular stage show. There will be a section reserved for all alumni and their families at the evening show on Saturday.
After Saturday’s 8:30 show the Ravina Bar & Grill is hosting a get-together for all TBI alumni; and now, in the wake of disaster, to also thank Tom & Margaret for their unselfish love and kindness.
Food & beverages will be on hand throughout the weekend.
Please let us know if you are still planning to attend.

If you are coming into the Area this week LMK and we can get together.

Terry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:30pm
yeah, I figured maybe they could pump up some water, just don't know how far and how much or how long. i can't imagine how long it will take just to do the repair so they can start to fill er up again. Very sad, good news is no one got hurt or killed.
Later
Keegan99usa
Is it Summer yet??
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:14pm
Dan,
To bad for the TB show huh... I'll bet they pump water in from the river and it's back to normal faster than you think.. Huge money draw for the state....

Good to here you've got some buds coming with you.. Yes, sign them up so we can get a total count by months end..

My 46th b-day is the 12th, so the first shot is on me dude !!!! Can't wait !!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:07pm
All this traffic talk throught Chi town reminds me of my trip after picking up the SNCB in IN. i left central WI at 02:00 AM to ddrive to Angola, IN. It took about 6 1/2 hours toget there. Take a test drive, have a rookie put the boat on the trailer (modified Malibu trailer, not fun), and grabbed a bite to eat. This got us out of Angola at 10:30-11AM. Did I mention that both the Cubs and Brewers were 1-2 and playing each other at 1PM that day? ARGHHHHHHHHHH I got home at 9PM, yes 10 1/2 hours to get home, pulling a yellow Nautique through downtown Chicago with a White Yukon Denali XL. I literally was looking out the window at cars on jacks with tires missing and more boards for windows than glass on the buildings. For some reason the Garmin GPS told me to get off the Interstate and I listened only to find closed one-way roads and 15 minutes of "eclipsed" viewing till the Interstate was with-inreach again. My FIL looks over and says "Never ask me to ride along again!!" lol
Sure I can laugh about it now, but that was not fun. i hope some poor soul likes the Garmin Nuvi that was launched out the window once I got back on the highway-------jk.
Can't wait to see you guys in GL. This weekend was one of two planned that I am looking forward to. I just got news that the first one was cancelled. I was going to have a Tommy Bartlett reunion fromwhen I skied there, but the flooding broke out a road and ddrained the Lake,so the Dells is really hurting from that one. Who know how long it will take to fill Lake Delton again, i've heard 3-4 years if all goes well.
See ya soon guys, I talked a couple other guys into coming too,i willhav to get them to sign up yet though. Oh,and friday is my 42nd BD, so I expect to have a warm welcome ;)
Later guys
Keegan99usa
Is it Summer yet??
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 9:16am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Re: getting from 90 to 294, The best way is just Follow the I-80 aka I-80/94, continue on 80 until you get to 294, then follow 294 north.

Southern travelers:
Take I-65 to I-80/94 west, continue on 80/94 west for about 10mi (do not follow 94 to Chicago when it spins off however), exit I-80 at 294 north (tri-state tollway), 294 north will eventually become I-94 north and will take you to Wisconsin.

This is dead on, that roadway is brand new minimum of 4 lanes wide and it really moves pretty good now. It's taken 15 years of construction to get to this but it not half as bad as it used to be. Just try to avoid morning and afternoon rush hour and you'll do 65 right through.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 2:03am
Boy I'm glade I am going by way of I-74 & I-39 to Madison. It is a little longer but lot less traffic. I get enough Chicago traffic taking groups to the Cubs games with the charter coach.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I JUST TRAILERED through the Skyway and downtown from Rob's house yesterday. It sucked. The condition of the Edens is like that of an artillery range- definitely a workout for the suspension. I was swearing the whole time.

I have to tell those of you that haven't met Joel, AKA M3fan, he has quite the way with words and sarcasm. About the time I was expecting him last weekend, I called him only to be told that he was in the worst traffic ever, it was like being in Baghdad, and that his truck would barely pull the trailer over the f-ing bumps in the road...."if all goes well, we'll be there by dinner."
1 1/2 hours later (2:00 or 3:00), they showed up smiling. Hopefully, it was worth the headache.

I guess next month I'll be making sure the Ipass is mounted in the truck and cross my fingers on 294.

Rob
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 3:01pm
just remember when you hit the 80/94 section stay in the left lane a keep up with the traffic speed, if you get in the right lanes it's stop and go until 294 which exits on the left off of 80/94.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 2:56pm
I picture Quinner beating on his chest to simulate the copter ,like Les Nesman on WKRP!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 2:47pm
Chris, Great directions. Now we need you up in the air for the trafic report along with some sound of whooping helicopter blades!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 2:25pm
Joel,

From I-80/90 in South Bend there is 3 different rts you can take, if the timing is right the Skyway can be the quickest, if wrong it can be a nightmare. Right now the Edens construction makes this route a problem no matter what time you are travelling.

Re: getting from 90 to 294, The best way is just Follow the I-80 aka I-80/94, continue on 80 until you get to 294, then follow 294 north.

Southern travelers:
Take I-65 to I-80/94 west, continue on 80/94 west for about 10mi (do not follow 94 to Chicago when it spins off however), exit I-80 at 294 north (tri-state tollway), 294 north will eventually become I-94 north and will take you to Wisconsin.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 1:39pm
I JUST TRAILERED through the Skyway and downtown from Rob's house yesterday. It sucked. Southbound was on the brakes all the way through the roadwork zone. Northbound was slow but not terrible. The condition of the Edens is like that of an artillery range- definitely a workout for the suspension. I was swearing the whole time. For some reason I thought I'd be able to get over to 294 from 90 but you can't. If you take the skyway, you get funneled right into downtown driving hell. Traffic was pretty light on the north side of the city but a little heavy around the loop. I'm totally unfamiliar with the southeastern half of our tollway system so that's why I got suckered into the skyway. I have no idea how to get from 90 to 294 coming from Indiana.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

And like Dave said DO NOT TAKE THE SKYWAY!!

You guys always say that, but in my countless trips back and forth to Ohare and Midway, from Northern IN, there's only been once I can think of when traffic was bad on the Skyway. Almost exactly the opposite for 294. I spend forever looking at that damn quarry at 5mph. I haven't been up there for a month or so now, so maybe something has changed.

Rob

stay in the far left lane and it moves three times as fast as the right three lanes
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 1:18pm

Some of the current Skyway issues:
Vehicles with trailers can only use the right lane.
Takes you right through downtown Chicago, major problem if anywhere near rush hour.
The Edens, after you get through downtown, is a major construction zone.

Rob, that stretch of I-80 can be tough as well, believe it is one of, or the, most traveled sections of road in the US.

Correct Rob,
The Edens is a complete wreck, and the downtown traffic (other than mid day) is a nightmare..

The Tristate really has little construction now, and all tolls are complete with "through road tolling". I pass lanes are a cruise now, so there is virtually no back ups at the tolls.

Stay away from downtown guys....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 12:47pm
Some of the current Skyway issues:
Vehicles with trailers can only use the right lane.
Takes you right through downtown Chicago, major problem if anywhere near rush hour.
The Edens, after you get through downtown, is a major construction zone.

Rob, that stretch of I-80 can be tough as well, believe it is one of, or the, most traveled sections of road in the US.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 9:58am

You guys always say that, but in my countless trips back and forth to Ohare and Midway, from Northern IN, there's only been once I can think of when traffic was bad on the Skyway. Almost exactly the opposite for 294. I spend forever looking at that damn quarry at 5mph. I haven't been up there for a month or so now, so maybe something has changed.

Rob
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 7:56pm
Yeah, $20 bucks for a car, and more for the 3rd and 4th axles !!!!

Stop and pay the tolls, or pay in advance like mentioned by Chris... Don't blow them off, you'll get a letter some 3 years later with a $1000 dollar tab......

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 6:40pm
When you miss a toll on the Illinois Tollway, you are expected to pay the actual toll amount due for the associated plaza and vehicle classification. If payment is received within one week (seven (7) calendar days), the missed toll will not be processed as a violation. Failure to pay tolls can result in fines and possible suspension of your license plate and/or your driver's license.

IMPORTANT: The use of the missed toll payment system is restricted to isolated instances of accidental missed tolls. It is not be used as a mode of regular payment. After receipt of four (4) missed toll payments within a one-year period, a subsequent missed toll will not be considered accidental and the event will be recorded as a toll violation. Please note that this system may not be used to cure a missed toll that has been recorded on a police citation, recorded on an Illinois Tollway notice of violation, or for a missed toll more than seven (7) days old.

Violations are $20 a piece.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 6:35pm
there are signs posted just hard to see them, but i know when I signed up it did say that you could pay online even if you don't have the I-pass transmittor, there would be a short delay until it was in the system but you can pay a portion of the fee and when the system catches up they will bill you for the remaining amount.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 6:26pm
Good point Chris, not sure if you can set up something online but it sure would save time if you use the I-Pass lanes.

Tollway Info

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 5:27pm
also don't get excited about stopping at all of the toll boths you can pay online later, that a lone will cut 45 minutes off the trip.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 5:06pm
{{{{{{TO ALL SOUTHERN CARAVANS}}}}}}

Do not get on the Chicago Skyway and go through the city again. Stay on 80-94 Via Western Suburbs/Iowa and head up I294 North this time up to Quinner's... The Skiway/Ryan construction will have you shooting yourselves..

Even through rush hour, North on the Tri-satate 294 is not that bad, well until around the Ohare area.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 3:12pm
Reid, I'm glad to see that you are trying to plan around hitting Chicago in the middle of the rush "hour" this year. Really the only safe way is to go through in the very early AM but then of coarse you would need to get CQ out of bed! If you do need to get him out of bed, you may need to get two people up - there have been rumors that he's been getting lucky lately!

Early afternoon you should be ok but no guarantees.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 3:08pm
I went straight up central WI through farm land last year to stay off the interstate because of pulsating ABS and saggy springs. I think it took around 2.5 hours from the Lake Geneva area.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 2:44pm
Reid there is a truck stop just off of 75 at the Boonesboro/Winchester exit.Its about 5 miles outside of Richmond towards Lexington
Just a thought.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Thanks Reidp,
I have it on the calendar. We will plan on leaving New Hill at 4pm. That should put us in Statesville about 6:30.
Really looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.

We staying in the Motorhomes Tuesday night in KY ?

Sounds like a plan. We'll have 2-3 others in our caravan but just the one RV, so they'll either be sleeping in the car or maybe we can pull into somewhere next to a hotel. Come to think of it, last year we had one more RV in the group of 5, but most just leaned the seats back for 5-6 hrs.    

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic