Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chopping Up/ Parting Out

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bhedbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bhedbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chopping Up/ Parting Out
    Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:29pm
Guys,

I don't know how yall feel about it, but it sure is difficult to read the Boats for Sale Section and not cringe at the thought of some of the newest listings getting the CHOP or the Part. I wish I could save em' all! I guess that is the affinity we have for these great towing craft! I hope someone picks them up and they end up restored and back in the diaries section!
Barry, South Carolina
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:34pm
I can understand parting one out, but chopping one up, even for a bar is disturbing.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:29am
Consider it organ donation.
Parts and pieces from that freeport will go towards the preservation of more than one other classic Correct Craft so that it may be enjoyed for years to come.
-Brad
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I can understand parting one out, but chopping one up, even for a bar is disturbing.

it was striped down to just a few part's all of the running gear was gone, rudder, strut, fins got a steering wheel and shifter, and some dash stuff.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:58am
Barry, sorry to have upset you.

I too, wish that I could save them all. One only needs to look at my parents back yard to prove that!

This Freeport simply had a higher calling. Like Brad said, its noble sacrifice will help preserve other Correct Crafts in need.

*moment of silence*
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Barry, sorry to have upset you.

I too, wish that I could save them all. One only needs to look at my parents back yard to prove that!

This Freeport simply had a higher calling. Like Brad said, its noble sacrifice will help preserve other Correct Crafts in need.

*moment of silence*

Hey Tim,
Drag that carcase to GL, plug up the holes, and we'll fill it with ice and beer to tow out the sand bar.. Now what better sacrifice for the cause??? We'll paint her up and call it "Beer Nautique" !!!!!!

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:53am
Dave, A "Beer Nautique"! That's a great idea but a Freeport is a big boat. I don't even think the PLBC group can drink that much in a afternoon!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:09pm
I'd sure like to try.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:14pm
Pete,
I've seen the empty cases, and bar tabs......
LMAO..
OK, hell, lets fill half of it with bricks, then ice.. When were done will give it a proper burial and pull the plug letting her go down 250 feet to her final resting place...

OR
Fill he back up with ice for the next day hahaha....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:37pm
You guys got the right ideas.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Pete,
I've seen the empty cases, and bar tabs......
LMAO..
OK, hell, lets fill half of it with bricks, then ice.. When were done will give it a proper burial and pull the plug letting her go down 250 feet to her final resting place...

OR
Fill he back up with ice for the next day hahaha....

Moj'

OK, how many ping pong balls would it take to float a sunken Freeport from the depths of GL?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:47pm
Larry,
Didn't that get "Busted" on Mythbuster's ??? Haha..

OK, so we won't sink her.. We'll drive it back to Pete's house so he can use it as a planter in the front yard ,,,, doh'

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:53pm
Pete will turn that thing into Best of Show at GL '09.

Bury it to the water line and fill with sand for the kids, throw a tower on her and hang a swing (child or adult variety).
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Bury it to the water line and fill with sand for the kids, throw a tower on her and hang a swing (adult variety).

Hell, I had that thought for my boat.. Good thinking HW !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Bhedbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bhedbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Hey Tim,
Drag that carcase to GL, plug up the holes, and we'll fill it with ice and beer to tow out the sand bar.. Now what better sacrifice for the cause??? We'll paint her up and call it "Beer Nautique" !!!!!!

Moj

Yep, I feel much better now. If she has to go down, the "Beer Nautique" route is the way to go. You could say she'd be going out in the "spirit" so to speak!
Barry, South Carolina
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 6:47pm
What kind of and how many vents did that green monster have?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Geno Geno wrote:

What kind of and how many vents did that green monster have?

Geno, it had the late 60's style metal vents. I believe there were 4 of them.

Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 7:14pm
Want to part with them for a reasonable price?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Geno Geno wrote:

Want to part with them for a reasonable price?

I was planning on keeping them, but shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 8:03pm
Done.
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Is there a picture of a boat bar? I'm considering cutting up my 19' Bayliner and a bar was one of the potential end uses...the dump was another...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic