NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I知 back!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 3:13pm
there u go pete b. i knew youd figure it out at somepoint. hahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 5:23pm
LOL!!!!!!!!

Have to tell that one to my Dutch friends!!!!

Oh, and Pete, this is not fighting here, this is just plain old fun! What can you say... They are Americans LOL

But all of them are very welcome here, if ever we do organise a reunion here, because I can call all of them friends!

PS: Chris, on the matter of arrogance... we can all match each other here LOL
And I for one know I would fight for all of you
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 5:53pm
Don't worry Pete B, I never heard of that either. Kind of wish I still hadn't.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 6:36pm
Some of you's guys are too young, but I think Archie Bunker used to pull a Dutch Oven on Edith.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Bruce, I'm glad to here that you too must be living a sheltered life. Agreed that it isn't one of the things that has really expanded my knowledge!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 9:23pm
Bruce and Pete, sheltered life, I do not think so.....
That term is new to me also , have used it in another context tho....
Cast iron pot with a dished lid to hold coals .Uses include making breads and other goodies not feasable with a camp fire.
Archie I think was not from the SOUTH, therefor his vocabulary didnot catch on here.............I sign off as a true red neck.......................Boat dr
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Bruce, I'm glad to here that you too must be living a sheltered life. Agreed that it isn't one of the things that has really expanded my knowledge!

My 15 year old daughter keeps me up to date with this stuff. I just learned about that one last week.
You can窶冲 change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:09pm
Billy, My brother-in-law shoots a wild pig every year and makes underground kapusta. He puts the pig in saurkrout, in a dutch oven and buries it in the ground on hot coals. You got wild pigs down there, don't you?
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:12pm

FLMAO!!! I had no idea what that was. Amazing the things you learn here.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:16pm
who says you cant teach an old dog some new tricks?
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:36pm
Yes we have wild pigs here , but it is not legal to shoot them, nor does it sound at all appealing to my taste buds.
Most of them are over weight and have 6 or 8 kids,they only have two legs,
live in a trailer on Welfare and have boyfriends named Bubba.
We also have wild hogs, they have four legs and a fat nose. These we cook on a spit over coals for 20 to 30 hrs.
the cajun term is called a
   "Cochon Du Lait"
meaning suckling pig.....
this ends your lesson for the day.....
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:48pm
I'd like to know why someone called the practice a Dutch oven. Do the Dutch has gas problems??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:51pm
Don't know about the gas but they are known for their windmill so they must have "good air". They know how to put a good air to work.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:52pm
Gee have we strayed from welcoming CheaterPete back to Correct Craft.

Pete, I told you two years ago, your English is fine.

Doctor, that is likely the funniest thing you've ever posted here.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 12:04am

Thanks guys. My wife looked over my shoulder just in time to learn about the "dutch oven".She muttered something like "so that's what it's called" and walked away. Funny Dr.

Farmer
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 2:01am
Bran , glad you gotta chuckle out of my "crude sense of humor"
It really is true , I mean about the "pigs"
They have places where they all gather to eat and sleep. Some of you would call them "pig pens" Here they are called "Trailer Parks".

Boat dr
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 10:34am
Pete

I think the term stems from the fact that if done properly, one must break wind and then pull the covers up over their wifes head. The air under the covers creates the shape of the lid of a dutch oven.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 11:11am
Boat Dr, we have a population of the wild pigs you describe that are indigineous to the area, but the wild hogs are not. They're hunted up in Canada on a farm. I do not take part in the hunt and I am sure that roasting one for 20-30 hours yields a much better result than cooking it in a dutch oven with saurkrout, but I was born a potato eater and not a perogi, kapusta or cabbage eater.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic