Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buyer beware

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
zanderbmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanderbmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buyer beware
    Posted: January-24-2008 at 10:04am

Just wanted to let you guys know that their is a 1979 ski tique for sale that says needs restoreing i won the boat off of ebay drove down to pick it up it is a total lose it is not saveable at all the seller would not give me a full refund this boat is worth nothing thanks alex molitor
need help with a 1969 ski nautique thanks alex
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 10:41am
Alex, Sorry to here about the bad expierience. Tell us more about what you found. This 79 is on ebay now. It's not the same one is it?

79 Nautique on ebay

How's the 69 going? Are you starting a CC collection?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:03am
I guess there is 2 sides to an Ebay sell. If the seller didn't say in the ad that he would offer a refund if you didn't like it, or if he didn't completely misrepresent the boat (ask Hollywood about that one), you bought it. He said it needed restoring & if it is the one on here for sale, I would agree (quite a bit of restoring). You should have done your homework before bidding. I went to pick up one I bought on Ebay & it was not quite what I expected, but I bid, so I took it (not the BFN).

Greg

86 BFN
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:24am
Although there are two sides to an ebay sale, I would not hesitate to issue a refund on anything I'm selling on eBay. I have completed over 70 transactions on eBay, both selling and buying. If I describe something to the best of my ability, and the buyer is not satisfied when they get it, I'd have no problem refunding the money. The premise of eBay is that "in general, people are good". Yes, you'll have to pay re-listing fees but this situation should be a major exception to the rule- It's never happened with me on the selling end.

It's not like the listing is a "trap", like "GOTCHA! YOU BID AND WON, SUCKER!!! TOO BAD! HAHAHAHA LOL ROFL MORON! PAY UP!". If the buyer isn't satisfied then guess what- re-list and the item should sell itself again.

I won a boat on eBay a couple years back and got a tip from another forum member about the true hours and engine work on the boat. Because of the forums, the dealer came clean and the transaction never happened. The boat did pop back up again with the same description- I don't know what came of it.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:35am
maybe its time for a CCF bidding war again
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by zanderbmw zanderbmw wrote:

Just wanted to let you guys know that their is a 1979 ski tique for sale that says needs restoreing i won the boat off of ebay drove down to pick it up it is a total lose it is not saveable at all the seller would not give me a full refund this boat is worth nothing thanks alex molitor

Alex, I assume youre talking about the Ski Tique listed in the diaries? Its unfortunate that you couldnt work things out with the seller. Could you give us any more info about the boat? Is there any damage to the hull? Condition of the stringers/floor? Are all of the parts there?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:23pm
Man that looks rough Tim....looks like it is already partialy torn apart.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 2:08am
The boat Alex is talking about, the one just listed for sale in the dairies/for sale section by Chris Bech, is the SAME boat as this.....

79 Ski Tique, sold FROM NC

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 10:37am
   I thought in order to "restore",you had to have something to work with.Looks more like a parts boat to me.Not much info posted by the seller.I guess if it was listed this way on ebay,you can't blame him for misrepresenting it.It is what it is.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 10:38am
Hey Paul, just add that to your sales lot!

You guys have any water you could send on down to us?
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 11:52am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

I thought in order to "restore",you had to have something to work with.
Mike

Mike, Anything can be restored with man hours and money! This is a boat that is restorable but as you can see will take up the man hours, money and new wood! At least with a fiberglass hull, You can start with something.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 12:12pm
it says Noah on the side of that tug,
Pete were you a child of the 60's? Lizard king? there is a fine line when it comes to sanity... should i keep going?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

it says Noah on the side of that tug,
Pete were you a child of the 60's? Lizard king? there is a fine line when it comes to sanity... should i keep going?

Eric, Even though I was a child of the 60's and did listen to a few of Morrison's tunes, my mind isn't that burnt! Old "gray" boats are being restored and at least with the glass, the basic hull is still there. I wouln't pay anything for it though. The seller will have to pay the dump/land fill to get rid of it. If someone had the time, it is a viable project.

By the way, I sometimes worry about yourself too!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 4:00pm
...skicat.....funny you mention that...I talked to the previous owner about it and it was tooooo far gone for me to even break even on......I see now that the current owner Chris Bech has removed some more parts. In its present condition it is worth about $200....MAYBE. But not to me, don't need it.

We have FULL POND on Lake Tillery. We are part of the Yadkin River chain and have not had water level issues at all.

I hope your lake starts to rise soon, just keep saying your prayers!

pc
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by nautiquefanatic nautiquefanatic wrote:

I see now that the current owner Chris Bech has removed some more parts. In its present condition it is worth about $200....MAYBE.

Yikes, judging by the pic, the listing price is high even if all the parts are included. If the parts not pictured are missing, $200 might be generous... and it probably wouldnt be worth saving. Sad.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 5:10pm
He should be paying you to haul it off!

paul...it looks kinda like the one we looked at in longwood FL, Do you remember that boat, you beat me to it, and oniy three parts left on it he promised to you!   
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 8:11pm
MM, which one was that?? Cannot remember!

TRBenj, you are CORRECT, not really worth $200. I have sold some items to Alex Molitor (zanderbmw), the guy trying to help everyone save their money......he is a very honest and straigtforward guy. His only fault was that he thought everyone else was like him! Alex spent HUNDREDS of dollars going to get that boat, and discovered that just about EVERYTHING that the owner told him was a LIE!! But, Alex will be fine, and will learn from this fiasco.

pc

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 11:13pm
Pete, im definitly a fry short
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic