Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floorboard problem

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2000 Sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000 Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floorboard problem
    Posted: December-05-2007 at 11:55pm
I just bought a 2000 Sport Nautique and I have a problem with the small removable floorboard section behind the motor box. It seems very weak. It's cracked in one place and seems to be soft on top. Can I get a new one from Correct Craft? If not,any recomendations?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 2:03pm
Barry, I'm not that familiar with the construction but if you wait I'm sure someone will chime in and know all about this section of floor. Is there any support or reinforcement under it or on the bottom that is missing or broken? If you post some pictures, it would help. Sounds like the PO was using it as a dance floor!!

I'm sure if a new section is available from CC that they may have to make it if it isn't used in a current model. My feeling is that this would be a expensive item. Lets see if the group here can help you fix the problem and possibly make it better. How handy are you? Have you done any fiberglass work?

Welcome to a great site. You'll find lots of people here willing to help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 2:11pm
Pete, its just a carpeted piece of non-wood material. It would be easy enough to make a new one out of plywood and recarpet. The original carpet for a 2000 is still available from CC (I just installed the 28oz gunmetal on my '90).

Im sure you could also make the piece out of the same material- if you knew what it was. No idea if a repair is possible, though it very well could be.

Pics of the damage would be very helpful.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 4:54pm
Tim,

What do you think, my floor would probably be the same or similar in construction, I will take a look and a pic tonight as I need to pull mine up anyways, found some piece of neoprene in my bilge at the end of the season, think it was under the muffler or exhaust as a damper.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 6:08pm
CQ, probably very similar. That rubber probably came from under the muffler.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 6:52pm
Timmy,

Ran it hard without the rubber, should I be concerned?
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Quinner- It depends on who you were with!
Greg

86 BFN
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 7:41pm

Timmy,

Jeez Quinner, you're just asking for it from HW!!!!!!
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Timmy,

Jeez Quinner, you're just asking for it from HW!!!!!!

This will liven things up!! It has been rather slow and it's only December.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 8:38pm
Of course guy's, that is what you call bait, and as we all know Hollywood is the Master of, well you know.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 11:02pm
2000 sport,

I have the same problem with my 2000 Air.

Pete
To answer your questions about this piece. No there are no supports under it. In my case there is only about a 1 inch lip on either side that the inster rests on. Over time with the limited amount of support people walking on it and getting in and out of the boat, has stressed and cracked the edges making it seem week. I am trying to figure out what to do about it right now. I will take a pic of the problem when I get home.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 2:52am
Mr. Bragg, time to sell that "JUNKER" and buy a boat that you do not need to constantly work on.
This weak spot will lead to further problems down the road, next that Python will start to shed it's skin. Who knows what the next thing will be...
Best to sell now and recoup some of the money you have sunk into this money pit.Call me and i will make you an offer, somewhat low but will be good for me and bad for you.
After all we are all buddies here, and always willin to HELP........Boat Dr.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 3:12am
2000 sport
is this the board your reffering too?

This is a pic of the top left corner. In person you can see when you put pressure on it that it starts to bow. Meaning that it is cracked, which gives you the weak feeling while standing on it. Not real sure why CC did not make a better support for this.

Boat Doc,
while I am glad your my buddy and so willing to help take this money pit off my hands, I think I will keep throwing money down this hole for quite a bit longer.

TRBenj
You are correct this section of the floor is not wood. The material does not appear to be fiberglass either.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 7:43am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

You are correct this section of the floor is not wood. The material does not appear to be fiberglass either.

Has anyone tried to see if any type of adhesive or epoxy resin will stick to it? Does it look and feel like the composite lumber IE: Trex decking material? The composite if made from recycled polyethylene and wood flour. Nothing will stick to it! Is there room in the bilge for some vertical ribs that could be added to the board?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 11:26am
just add some stand-off's to the panel, just check and make sure that hey clear the prop shaft and wiring/cables
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 6:31pm
Pete and 79
You guys are both correct for the fix to this problem. That was my plan of action, as the rest of the section is still solid. I planned on making two support legs. One for either side of the prop shaft. I am going to make sure I put a pad of some sort to keep the lages from maring the glass.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic