NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jbear and Reid

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jbear and Reid
    Posted: April-18-2007 at 12:23am
John, what was the part number and brand of the valve cover gaskets we put on yours? Fel-Pro or where they ford racing?

Also Reid, what where the heads gaskets #'s you brought?

getting ready to work on mine and comparing info before I get the gaskets, Thanks.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 12:33am
Chris: They were Fel-Pro. I bought them thru the Summit site where I got the valve covers.

Are you still down here or back up north?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 12:50am
Chris..when you get done with your boat mods are you gonna bring it down here for the summer?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 1:14am
Sure hope so.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
dpresswood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpresswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 8:24am
Napa now sells marine gaskets. i have had good luck with them lately with my project. See 408 Hi-Tek stroker"
1footshoeskiing
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 8:53am
Chris, I can't remember what the part number OR mfr was for the head gaskets, but I got them from the Dollar Store and the pkg said "fits most old Fords", plus "guaranteed for 90 days", so I figured they'd be OK for John's boat. Actually they did come from Napa. But unfortunately I can't tell you the part number, only that I requested them for the marine appl'n.

Mark, are you covertly inciting a match-up?

Chris, If you're heading back south with it, I'm only going to assume that it won't be until AFTER July 15th. Catch my drift? Unless you don't mind towing back an forth an extra time like Mark.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:48am
The Felpro Marine Head Gasket for a 302/351 is part number 17060 advance auto parts had the lowest price I found but still not cheap. Skidim has marine head gaskets in the 20 dollar each range that I have used but I am thinking of stepping up to the fel-pro this time but the price hurts.
-Joe.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 11:07am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The Felpro Marine Head Gasket for a 302/351 is part number 17060 advance auto parts had the lowest price I found but still not cheap. Skidim has marine head gaskets in the 20 dollar each range that I have used but I am thinking of stepping up to the fel-pro this time but the price hurts.
-Joe.

I used the PCM head gaskets from Skidim, also liked the PCM valve cover gaskets as they had the steel inserts around the bolt holes to help prevent over tightening.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 12:55pm
Don't use those Victor gaskets from NAPA, they don't stick very well.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic