NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got Bass?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got Bass?
    Posted: March-06-2007 at 9:22am
Thought some of you wild sterio guys would appreciate this. A buddy of mine owns a car audio shop and I spent sunday helping him finish up a sub box for a H3 Hummer. He built the box Saturday and we wrapped it in micro suede to match the interior. I threw in the embroidered H3 logo to customize it a little and the embossed look of the Hummer logo came out pretty cool.    This thing is way over the top and you can't even sit in the car while it's cranked. Not for me but it was a lot of fun.

amps are 1300w for each of the subs and 150x4 for the rest of the system.

What the heck, it's only money
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 9:35am
nice box, but god i hate H2's & those H3's. Driving one of those to me is pretty much like saying 'hey everyone, i have no D***, and i paid alot of money to try & compensate for it' haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 9:43am
I use SkiBum Jr's trebuchet to fling large rocks at people who drive down the road blasting their music. Pretty handy device actually.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 9:46am
Here's the best part Nate, This H3 is a birthday present for the guys 16 year old kid. So not only did he get a new H3 but dad pumped $8000 into the stereo. HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE HIS LISCENSE YET!!!! Thought it would be hillarious if he failed the driving test and had to sit in his driveway to play the tunes.

This reminded me to call my 17 year old and remind him not to talk on his cell phone while driving and turn down the tunes. Yeah right Dad.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 9:48am
Originally posted by SkiBum SkiBum wrote:

I use SkiBum Jr's trebuchet to fling large rocks at people who drive down the road blasting their music. Pretty handy device actually.

Agreed Bill, I was thinking of making one of those to fling tennis balls in the backyard for my dog. My throwing arms not what it used to be.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 10:34am
Another Paris Hilton in the making, you can make a potatoe cannon.........81, thats how the wealthy justify spending precious time with thier offspring and i stress offspring
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 11:04am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you can make a potatoe cannon.........81,

I can see it now, he'd come back with a tennis ball in his mouth and smoke coming out his ears....ready to chase another one.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you can make a potatoe cannon.........81,

I can see it now, he'd come back with a tennis ball in his mouth and smoke coming out his ears....ready to chase another one.

We had a great time in college making potatoe (notice the Dan Quayle spelling) cannons in the dorms. Can you believe we were stupid enough to use those little propane torches for the fuel? That was one serious blast. We found out Aquanet hair spray (purple can = extra hold) works just as well. Those were the days.

-JMurph
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 12:26pm
we use aqua net too, it has butane as a propellant
"the things you own will start to own you"
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 2:08pm
we just taped a couple of steel tennis ball cans together and used lighter fluid.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 2:15pm
Funny..We use the aqua net too, and a gas grill igniter, for a triger.
Scott
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

we just taped a couple of steel tennis ball cans together and used lighter fluid.

This was my weapon of choice back then !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 3:42pm
they worked better once the fuzz of the tennis ball melted. Usong lighter fluid you could actually get back a few feet before it blow up.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 4:41pm
Since keith is out of town I would just like to interject the views posted here are not necessarily the views of correctcraftfan.com, the fans are stunt and pyrotechnic professionals and the activities discussed here should never be tried anywhere by anyone...

although mine was thickwalled drainage pvc with butane and model rocket ignitors...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Since keith is out of town I would just like to interject the views posted here are not necessarily the views of correctcraftfan.com, the fans are stunt and pyrotechnic professionals and the activities discussed here should never be tried anywhere by anyone...

although mine was thickwalled drainage pvc with butane and model rocket ignitors...

LOL, well put.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 7:02pm

I thought I was going to see some fish!     

Farmer
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 7:27pm

Here you go Farmer.He's a little guy,but the fishing was slow that day.Lake Okeechobee,Fla.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 7:29pm
   Hey,just successfully posted my first picture.Move over JBear!

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 9:03pm
That hummer reminds me of that show on MTV. I think it's called sweet 16? Spoiled little bitchy girls having outrageous parties and then crying and complaining because they didn't ge the BMW or Benz they wanted, and now there lives are ruined. Daddy spends $100,000 on your 16th party and you're complaining you didn't get a car? It's like a train wreck that you can't stop watching. I've never been handed anything....I guess that's how you learn to respect and appreciate the things that you have. Hmm...now that my rant is over.....

BTW, AM General is right down the road from me, and I see lots of H2s every day. I just don't get it I guess. Why would you spend $50,000 on what is basically a rebodied Trailblazer? They should bring back the H1!

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 9:30pm
Actually I beleive you can still get the H1 just have to order it don't you? Nope just checked they still have the info on their website but say they quite making it last june.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 10:00pm
yeah the H1 is the only one that actually serves a purpose(even if it is only driven in suburbia), it could actually kick some ass if its owners took it offroad, as for the H2 & H3, the only offroad experience those trucks/drivers get is when they back off the side of their driveway, bc they cant see a thing with all those blindspots...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 10:39pm
nate your cracking me up
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 11:48pm
Hey Mike: Nice job on the pic. It ain't so hard afterall is it? 'Course I needed lots of help.

Nice fish too. When were you on Lake Occceeee....? You should'a visited. We got lots of bass lakes around here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 7:33am
   Actually JBear,that picture was taken in 2003.I fished out of Roland Martin's Marina in Clewiston.
   I am usually in Florida for a week once a year,but didn't make it this year due to the new business and all.Next time I head down I'll definately need to hook up w/ all you guys down there.Wish I was there now....25 BELOW last night with the wind chill    

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 8:28am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Why would you spend $50,000 on what is basically a rebodied Trailblazer? They should bring back the H1!

Rob

Rob, the H2 is based off the full size GM truck platform, but I agree, what's the point. I think that the H2 and the H3 are rolling representations of most of America's problems and I can't stand them. I have a bit more respect for the H1 since it's the "real deal", although I've heard plenty of stories from our boys in Iraq as to their H1 nightmares with overheating, etc.

My kid is going to get the safest, slowest, worst-looking car I can find. I had a rusted out 1982 volvo wagon in highschool which basically had no working features or options, but it was safe and slow.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 8:36am
Haha yeah as you can tell i have a deep seated hatred for those things. I dont mind most SUV's in general, but so many are just completely over the top and serve no purpose.... ok i'm done ranting I swear...hopefully....

Hell yes Joel!! I started out in a 1987 Volvo 740, kinda slow, didnt look the prettiest, but after a couple years in that car I absolutely loved it. Though stylying wasn't Volvo's priority back then, It's essentially a shoebox on wheels. haha.... i miss my car...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 8:49am
[QUOTE=M3Fan]
I think that the H2 and the H3 are rolling representations of most of America's problems and I can't stand them. [QUOTE]

Amen brother.

Let's see first car, 1969 ford falcon 2doors 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree. That Ford Pea Green. Drivers seat was broken so it leaned way back and you could barely see over the wheel, may have been the forerunner of one of todays ghetto cruisers for all I know. Real Chick magnet and had a slammin am radio one speaker in the dash and an fm converter. Upgraded later and installed an 8 track deck to listen to my Grateful Dead collection.    Life was good.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 9:13am
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

Hell yes Joel!! I started out in a 1987 Volvo 740, kinda slow, didnt look the prettiest, but after a couple years in that car I absolutely loved it.

We had an 82 240, 87 740, 89 760 (rare PRV V6) as kid's cars. I drove all three of them when they were all at least 10 years old and all had well over 100k. This is probably one of the reasons I bought a BMW when I got my first job- years of old homely slow cars! Gotta love those 240's though. One day I'll restore one if I have the time and money.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 9:39am
yeah i like the 240's but the 740's a bit more, and the old P1800's are my (classic) Favorites. But i think im getting fairly set that my next car will be the Volvo S60R... A volvo with 300hp, 6sp, & AWD? yeah...that's just awesome.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 10:07pm

Mike, thanks for the picture. I'd almost forgotten what water looks like without ice on it.Nice fish. That largemouth would be a hog on the Housatonic. They're here but you have to work for them. Farmer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic