NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique 216 Shower Wiring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nautique 216 Shower Wiring
    Posted: March-03-2007 at 10:17pm
I just purchased and am installing the HeaterCraft shower in my '05 216 Sport Nautique. I have figured out and installed the system except for the electrical connections for the pump. The boat manual has a diagram of the system and the keypad on the dash has the pushbutton for it. The kaypad button, when pushed, lights the LED and activates a relay which "clicks" behind the driver kick plate. Where do I connect the wires for the pump?

The shower circuit breaker and relay are in a sealed box behind the kick plate that has big warnings on it not to open. One big bundle of wires comes out of this box with no way to trace it out that I have found.

I also cannot find any unused wires in the engine area where the manual's diagram show the pump is to be located.

Thanks in advance.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 2:22pm
Mark, If the diagram doesn't show the pump wiring, you need to ohm out the wires from the black box. If you hear a relay clicking when you push the button on the dash then it's just finding the correct wires that are connected to contacts of that relay. Are there wires coming from the box that aren't connected to anything?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 2:44pm
I have looked and have yet to locate any unused wires in the engine compartment area or behind the kick plate. If and when I do, I agree on using a meter to confirm they are the correct ones.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 5:35pm
Mark, You mentioned that there is a diagram of the system in the manual. This isn't a wiring diagram is it? You really should have one.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KPNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 5:35pm
Here is a link from another site. They have wiring diagrams listed. IMO more boats like yours. I bet someone knows over there.

http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/WiringDiagrams/40PINPLUG2003.pdf
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 8:45pm
KP Nautique,

Thank you for the pinout of this connector. It appears to match what I have and I believe I can now trace the two shower wires from the connector.

As Pete mentioned, are there wiring diagrams available for our boats?

Mark
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:35pm
I was able to find the shower wires as well as the wies for a heater in the bundle of wires behind the kickplate. They were grouped together and actually had connectors on the ends. This effort required cutting a ton of wire ties, undoing electrical tape as well as untangling the wires.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:42pm
ah the joys of wiring.

Good to hear you got it sorted out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic