Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

location of impeller pcm351

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
chevyred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevyred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: location of impeller pcm351
    Posted: November-24-2006 at 12:14am
I've read all of the forums pertaining to this subject and am still confused. I can do plenty of maintenance to my 88 2001, but have had the boat out 2 seasons without changing the impeller, partially because i dont know where the damn thing goes. A photo or diagram would help me out tons and once i do it once im sure ill do it too often like changing the oil every 6 months reguardless of use. thanks for any advice in advance.
Keep On Truckin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 6:37am
Follow the water intake hose from the bottom of the boat, through the oil cooler then to the RWP (raw water pump). That's where the impeller is. Good hunting, Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 7:55pm
Go to the reference section on CCfan.com and download the PCM manual. It doesn't go into a ton of detail about the raw water pump, but it might help.
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2006 at 8:42pm
Here is what my water pump looks like on my commander 351 (sort of) I do not know if yours will look the same
The impeller is in the bra$$ housing (black paddle wheel inside is the impeller) I always keep a spare in the boat.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2006 at 8:46pm
Here is what the impeller looks like on mine.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 8:30am
Looks the same on my '90. Should be the same for his '88.

Before you take it off, mark the orientation- its very easy to install it backwards!
chevyred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevyred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2006 at 6:34pm
thanks guys! i think is should be able to find it a$$ soon as i can climb back up into the boat. i just had acl reconstruction surgery and hope to have the knee and boat ready for june! thanks again!
Keep On Truckin
advsouthwind View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advsouthwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2006 at 10:30pm
USUALLY IT IS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE ENGINE, FOLLOW YOUR FAN BELTS. ONE WILL RUN YOUR ALTERNATOR THE OTHER WILL TURN YOUR WATER INTAKE PUMP. IT WILL ALSO HAVE TWO 1 OR 1 1/4 HOSES ATTACHED TO IT. TAKE CARE IN HOW YOUR PUMP IS MOUNTED SO YOU DONT INSTALL IT BACKWARDS AFTER REPLACING THE IMPELLER.
gave up sea ray life for a 77 southwind 20 project just livin the dream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic