NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1972 302 parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 302 parts
    Posted: September-19-2006 at 10:15am
I have a complete 1972 302 wausheka....minus starter and alternator.No tranny.The engine was disa$$embled for inspection...still is. I was going to rebuild it as a spare...but would consider selling some parts...depending on anyones interest...I will keep some spare parts.
It would appear the engine had very low hours...everything looks quite good!
Let me know if you would have interest in something!
Also...I can have my rebuid guy inspect anything prior to any sale...heads etc!
At this point....these parts are available...
Heads(have 351 2A stamp),302 intake,distibutor,exhuast manifolds, carb spacer plate, oil pan,timing cover and chain,pully's,valve covers.

I will keep the block, crank and cam shaft.

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 11:27am
stang 72, sounds like a good time to build a stroker,the torque increase is unreal. still breaking mine in,20 hrs.but well worth the research and dollars spent.mine was to be a winter project....glad i did not wait,we still have some good days left,water temp still 80 degrees,won't winterize till xmas.............. boat dr
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 12:31pm
That may be an option and something to consider! What all did you do?
stang

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 4:18pm
buy a special crank and connecting rods. Might have to grind a little on the block to create clearance for the new crank shaft too.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 7:05pm
79nautique;Houston marine did all my work on the rotating a$$y.crank,rods and pistons(.030)are available in 331 or 348 stroker kit.then they have to balance the a$$y. after you determine which pistons you want,i chose the forged SRP flat tops.then the flywheel counterweight has to be lightened to 28 oz.(ours is 50 oz.)they just drill holes ih the flywheel at the balance point,this completes the rotating a$$y.then they a$$emble crank and rods to determine where the rod bolt will hit the cyl. they machine a oblong hole @12 and 6 oclock its about 3/4 x3/4 in. now the rod bolts dont hit the cyl. bottoms. i am running the 64cc GT 40 heads,this combo =9.5 cr 30 degrees of total and running mid grade gas, Cam Research did a custom grind for rev. rotation,you have to do some home work to make it work but well worth the time.torque at about 400 lb.ft @ 3200 rpm 350 hp @3500 these were the numbers i could expectfrom the builders. small block size and weight big block pull,the best of both worlds.......... boat dr
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 7:38pm
The main point I was getting at is usually when you build a stroker motor the block as to be clearanced for the longer stroke. That's why I'm going the compression route with larger valves, I'm looking at 58-57cc cambers and the 1.94/1.60 valves, the bottom end is already balanced so I have to check piston clearance and may have to notche them but hopefully not, I'm planning on a CD box and already use 93 octane or higher, don't have to now but will with the smaller chambers and higher compression it will suprise me it if doesn't ping with low octane gas.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 8:37pm
i was going a different path,cubic inches= torque,and torque ==pull. nothing wrong with higher comp.larger valves,MSD ignition,and all the goodies that = high horsepower.i built a bottom end that is strong enough to spin 7500 if i only spin it 5500 that =along life span.will post a video on the hole shot and 0 to 40 shortly.waiting for the reworked prop to return.13x14 double cupped Austrel 4 blade. 13x13 OJ 4 blade 5500 W/28 degrees total, Ford Raceing says i can run up to 35 degrees total,still tweaking and have not did a plug check..........boat dr
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 11:02pm
stang72......I need a 4 barrel intake for a 302.....have a 78 Ski Tique with a factory 2 barrel!!! How much for the intake, shipped to NC 28001??????? Call me or email me if you can. pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com    or (980)581-0006

Thanks, Paul
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 11:57pm
Paul...you got first dibs! Have not figured any prices on anything...shoot me any resonable offer and it's yours. I have the carb spacer too! Also...I have all the bolts...big bucket full, If you know what size I can find them!

Condition looks very good! Can take pics if you need.

lisaandgary@insightbb.com
stang

The Super Air

captinr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 7:35am
Stang,

Interested in the oil pan. I think my Mustang has an automobile pan because its got a notch for a cross member. Can you e-mail me a picture?

Thanks
Rodney
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:34am
Rodney...will do!
stang

The Super Air

nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 1:43pm
stang72 ...... email sent to you personally regarding the intake and spacer.

Paul
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:04pm
Paul...pics have been sent!

Rodney....send me an email address and I can get pics to ya...the pan is still on the block but I got some good pics anyway.
stang

The Super Air

captinr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 7:50am
Stang,

Email is rabrown58@earthlink.net

Thanks
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 11:02am
still have stuff!
D0Oe heads
intake and spacer
fuel pump
water pump
etc..etc

may consider selling the whole thing as one purchase for rebuild to someone!
stang

The Super Air

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 11:48am
Gary, for as much as Joel likes to use the word "outstanding", you sure do like your exclamations!!!!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 4:50pm
I guess I do!!!

hey...got an idea! I could go to Alans party dressed as a 302! Cram myself into the block and duct tape the heads to my shoulders...wear the pullys for a hat!!!!

!!!
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 11:08am
Heads and spacer....Sale pending.
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic