NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skutsch

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2014 at 11:50am
Steve, great to hear that you just keep doing better. After about a quarter century of driving the box type ambulances with no side or rear visibility I can attest that you can set a vehicle up so that it can be driven strictly with mirrors. I am so used to this that when I buy a new vehicle I bring the stick on blind spot mirrors with me when I go to pick it up (maybe Santa will leave some in your stocking!). Setting and maintaining proper mirror adjustment to eliminate blind spots is critical. Have a great Christmas.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2014 at 5:14pm
I wish for a miracle for you and your family this Christmas. You are in my thoughts always.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2014 at 10:30pm
Steve,
Tell that body of yours that it's doing a good job. Have a merry Christmas.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 12:08pm
Steve,
Its great to hear you're making such excellent progress.. Just do what the doctors say and follow the precautions, you'll do great !!

I'm 4 weeks post op on the 2nd hip and they have me fast walking on the treadmills already.. The body can do amazing things...

Merry Christmas, hope to see you again soon....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 12:34pm
Both you characters please remember to be extremely cautious during this winter to avoid falls... good shoes, short steps, use handrails, and assume everything is covered in ice (or soap in the bath/shower) nothing is more heartbreaking that being sent back to the starting line, or worse due to a fall during recovery.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Both you characters please remember to be extremely cautious during this winter to avoid falls... good shoes, short steps, use handrails, and assume everything is covered in ice (or soap in the bath/shower) nothing is more heartbreaking that being sent back to the starting line, or worse due to a fall during recovery.   

Amen Joe, unfortunately a fall now would not be good !!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2014 at 4:32pm
Joe - truer words couldn't be said. I can't even imagine doing a restart on this one. I had intentions of being able to run the snowblower this winter, but I think, after your words of wisdom, I am going to take the conservative approach and let my more then generous neighbor handle the job this winter.

Moj - glad to hear your recovering as well. Crazy what the rehab plan is for knees and hips these days - 4 weeks and your logging serious miles on the treadmill. Hope it is pain free!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Joe - truer words couldn't be said. I can't even imagine doing a restart on this one. I had intentions of being able to run the snowblower this winter, but I think, after your words of wisdom, I am going to take the conservative approach and let my more then generous neighbor handle the job this winter.

Moj - glad to hear your recovering as well. Crazy what the rehab plan is for knees and hips these days - 4 weeks and your logging serious miles on the treadmill. Hope it is pain free!

Not without total pain, just a different pain. The soft tissue and muscle they tore up is still healing. What's great is the grinding in the socket is gone and no pain where I had endured it for 10 years.. Of course it's nothing like what you're going through Steve, so hopefully by Green lake we can both laugh a little about this stuff over a beer !!!

Have a super Holiday.. Watch the inbound snow we are supposed to get this week. Yes, let the neighbor deal with it...   
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2015 at 10:41pm
Geez, I guess and update is in order. I got the brace off in late April. 8 months. Seems like a long time but the reality is it went fast.

Doc said, time to put the broken neck behind me, but to live cautiously. I think I am pretty much back to as much as normal as I am going to be. Still get sore, those muscles are still pretty weak, but no "structural pain". I have had some of the mobility return to my neck, but it is still pretty limited.

Enjoying the girls soccer seasons, and looking forward to getting in the boat. Can't wait to see everyone at Green Lake, drink a few beers, pass along some much deserved hugs and share some stories.

Thanks one last time for all the support! Hope everyone is having a GREAT spring. See you all soon!!!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2015 at 10:53pm
Great to hear Steve,see you soon
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2015 at 12:34am
Fantastic Steve!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2015 at 1:50am
Glad you are all OK Steve! Hopefully I see you at green lake.
1972 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic