NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A milestone met!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A milestone met!
    Posted: August-05-2013 at 3:28pm
It has always been a dream of mine to have a picture of all three of my kids on a slalom.

Well, after two weekends with my very stubborn 9 year old, I finally got the picture. 17, 15, and 9 year old skiing together. My son was dying getting up so slow, as I had to drag him until the youngest got up, then throttle him up the rest of the way. It took three tries. After the first two attempts my 9 year old realized her wrong foot was forward.....I thought the other two were going to kill her!! Great day on the water.

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

.........After the first two attempts my 9 year old realized her wrong foot was forward.....I thought the other two were going to kill her!!

Apparently, your younger one is the only one NOT goofy! Ha!

Congrats - a skiing family is a great family...... !
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 3:43pm
Yeah!
This is the life
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 7:21am
I am dreaming the same dream for my 4...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:09am
Awesome family picture.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:49am
Awesome picture!

Now if you can just convince them that it is of ultimate importance that they repeat that picture every single year for the next 50 or 60 years you will have given them a truly incredible gift.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 10:21am
That is a very cool family pic!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 1:09pm
Great! Congrats!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 1:20pm
Thanks for the comments. I am going to try and get a picture every year, that is a great idea!

I think back on teaching them, and all the other kids I have taught to ski over the years. They are all different. First two were by the book. Trainers, then untied, comfy on two skis, drop one, deep water start, etc.

Last one. Strongest most agile kid I have. Trainers....screaming bloody murder, gets up, goes for a bit and drops the handle. Proclaims "I did it, can we go home?" Next summer, gets up on two, never goes outside the wake. Drops the handle, and wants to wakeboard/wakeskate all the time!

This summer...I am determined it is going to be a slalom year. She is way older than the other two were when they slalomed. Early morning, just my wife and I in the boat. We try to drop one...up and down the lake and she refuses to drop one! What??! Finally, I get her to drop one, and she falls. She refuses to do it again. But, wants to try to get up on one. OK, lets go. Four tries. She looks very uncomfortable and frustrated. This is going to test me. She tells me it feels funny. I said stick the other foot up front (LFF like me). Up first try. Goes for a bit and drops the handle. I jump in, fully clothed, and give her a big kiss!

I should have known. Half the time she is a lefty and half the time righty. Some days she eats right handed and other days left handed. Not sure where this kid came from?

It goes by fast, enjoy every summer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic